• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long have you been a member of TBT?

How many years have you been a member of TBT?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 47 19.4%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 15-19 years

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters
that's awesome! i don't think there are many ex-nsiders left anymore. did you have a favorite board(s) when it was still around?

I was kind of all over the place, but I think I probably lurked the zelda board the most and the general/off topic board the least (it went by too fast a lot of the times for me to keep up with)

I also distinctly remember enjoying the online boards, specifically for nintendo's silly no sharing friend codes rule that made it all counterintuitive and ripe for comedy

imagine if tbt had also borrowed from that when it was first conceptualized (unless it did, but I'm blind guessing not)

I was kind of all over the place, but I think I probably lurked the zelda board the most and the general/off topic board the least (it went by too fast a lot of the times for me to keep up with)

I also distinctly remember enjoying the online boards, specifically for nintendo's silly no sharing friend codes rule that made it all counterintuitive and ripe for comedy

imagine if tbt had also borrowed from that when it was first conceptualized (unless it did, but I'm blind guessing not)
I remember Power On, I don't think I posted there too much though

@Jeremy could probably give a more accurate history, but if I recall correctly, Nsider not allowing friend code sharing led to a lot of people from the Animal Crossing board coming over to TBT for exactly that

four years as of now. when it’s april 2024 it’ll mark 5 years of me being on here unbelievably. i guess it’s time to start saving for my yearly anniversary giveaway.

I've been a member for 8 years, going on 9 in April next year. I found the forums some time prior to joining since some topic here on the forums showed up while I was Google searching something to do with New Leaf but I didn't join immediately since I'm pretty reserved.

Being able to acquire furniture, clothing and villagers in New Leaf, and even items and Pokémon in the Pokémon games, from people here on the forums was quite appealing though and I eventually decided to join. I've been here on-and-off the whole time, having taken a few breaks here or there over the years but none for too long, usually just a month or a few months. The forum events, friendly community, and the collectibles always draw me back, and even now I still hit up some shops in Nook's Cranny whenever I'm actively playing New Horizons to acquire whatever clothes, DIYs, etc. I still haven't acquired.

2015, so 8 years! I literally remember the night I joined TBT in like, high-school. I'm now responding to this thread in lieu of doing responsibilities at my full time job. Happy 19 years TBT 👴

I joined TBT a little over ten years ago because I was trying to adopt Tutu from somebody here.In fact,my anniversary date is Sept.15 which is Tutu's birthday.I remember this place being a bit wild and wooly early on but it's mellowed out quite a bit since then.I noticed that there are two big groups at the 3-4 year and 9-10 year marks,coinciding with the releases New Leaf and New Horizons.

My 10th anniversary is going to be later this month. I didn't even realised, wow. But I come and go just like the others 😅

About 3 years, but at first I lurked or did mostly trades, lately I've became a bit more active with events and collectibles ✨

Tomorrow it will be 7 years for me, crazy that I've basically grown up with this forum...

I had forgotten about the no-friend-code rule, lol.

The one NSider "rule" I occasionally still think about is that for a time they had the string "php" in their profanity filter. I don't recall whether that just stripped it out of your message or else blocked it entirely. I think they did it because... they thought PHP-based websites were somehow more likely to be malicious? I honestly don't know the reason, and only in retrospect do I realize how little sense that makes.

I wish I could block PHP from my professional life. Maybe they were right to associate it with profanity, because I sure do.

joined 6 years ago! was active for acnl and acnh trades, but i don't think i participated in any events until the 2021 halloween event !

Back