• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to find every piece of real art?

corvus516

Bells
Red Rose
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Black Hybrid Rose
I've been playing New Leaf for almost three years now; I completed the whole museum over the span of a year and a half... apart from the art.

I was wondering for people who have completed their art collection how long did it take you, and for fellow people who haven't yet done it how close are you to completion? I really need to find out if the struggle is real or if I've just got terrible luck with Redd showing up.

I think Redd always shows up once a week, no? Asking because of your remark that maybe you have bad luck with getting him to show up.

In theory, it shouldn't take super long because I think that in NL one if the pieces is always real. There's something like 40 in the game, which would mean at least 40 weeks if you got no repeats. I'm guessing that's what you're having bad luck with? If so, you could always trade with people!

I have no idea how long it took me in my old town because I wasn't buying one every week, though.

I don't know exactly how long it took me to complete the art section but I know it was over a year. It may have even been more like two years. I do know that I only completed it after I bought a second copy of the game and the last painting I needed showed up in my second town. I never did see the real version of that painting in my main town despite playing daily for 4-5 years.

I'm not sure how true this is, but I've heard that when you start your town you are assigned an item group behind the scene. Let's say group A, B, or C. You have the potential to obtain all items in your town, but in each group some items will be common, some will be uncommon, and some will be extremely rare. If you're in Group A, a certain painting may be rare for you, but it could be common for someone in Group B or C. I assume this is meant to encourage trading.

And yes, Redd does show up once a week so you have to catch him when he's there. But you have to get lucky with what he has in stock.

Genuinely… I never did even since 2014 when I got the game. I was so little I did not really understand much and would just use multiple player characters to buy everything just in case. Then I would put it in my house or forget about it. Someone very kind on here offered to help me complete my Art Gallery section in the Museum last year though. THANKS LIZ

At the rate I am going, I doubt I will ever complete it. Currently I am focusing on getting to ten villagers and creating my island. I may change my mind in the future, but right now I’m not really interested in it. Asides from just being a completionist, are there other motivators for getting as many art pieces for the museum as possible?

Back