• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you say Beau?

Ha, totally agree with you Fuzzling. XD "Bee-u" just sounds cuter to me. I don't care it's not the proper pronunciation. It just sounds better to me. And heck, like someone said before, it still works in the megaphone. :p

Beau like bow because that's how it is in French (I'm horrible with french pronunciation otherwise though xD)
I think Boo would be a really cute pronunciation, too (that's what we call one of my cats)

Last edited:
I pronounce it like Ba than saying U.Not the ssound U makes,actually U.Bau.Beau....

I used to say it as Bee-u (as in the first syllable of beautiful) but I read it's 'Bow'
I had him in my town and I kept saying Bee-u
From the wiki:
Beau (ぺーター, Pētā) is a lazy deer villager that appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. His name means 'beautiful' or 'handsome' in French, and is pronounced 'Bow'.

Back