• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you say Beau?

if i turn my french on it's bo
otherwise it's beau
baow if i turn my chinese on but that's...
def wrong.. LOL

Last edited:
This is the weirdest thread I mean
I just
I pronounce the name Beau like the proper name

petition to get a villager named Siobhan since no one would probably pronounce that correctly either

Well 'bo', same way I say it in French. All these 'beeow' and 'bow' pronunciations sound super weird to me...

Beau pronounced like bow (Bow'n'arrow, not bowing down)/bo, since it's the proper way to say it...
Beau/Bel/Belle~ french :'D

Last edited:
I say Beau as in how you say "Bow" the hairpiece not what you do onstage after a performance.

So I tried pronouncing it "Bee-u" like a lot of people seem to be doing
and
the four years of French i've taken comes up and slaps me in the face, crying "NO"

wait why is this a thread

considering the name is very clearly taken from the French word for beautiful and that word in French is pronounced like "boh", that is literally the only way it should be pronounced

anyone who says it any other way is dead ****ing wrong

Last edited:
Back