Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
i've always pronounced it mer-en-gay like the dance because they're spelled the same way, but i've heard some people call her meringue (mer-ang). i never said mer-ang because the food is spelled meringue in english, not merengue (which is how the dance is spelled)

Last edited:
The face I made when I realized the villager was named after "meringue" in baking and that it was not, in fact, pronounced Mer-en-gay? Yikes. Even now I have to pause every time I see the villager cause in my head I still pronounce it mer-en-gay

The face I made when I realized the villager was named after "meringue" in baking and that it was not, in fact, pronounced Mer-en-gay? Yikes. Even now I have to pause every time I see the villager cause in my head I still pronounce it mer-en-gay
i mean it... it's from another language, idk how people think that the french pronunciation is wrong💀

i mean it... it's from another language, idk how people think that the french pronunciation is wrong💀
your pronunciation of the french merengue isn't wrong, but merengue is also a word in spanish that's pronounced differently, and i'm more familiar with the spanish word regardless of whether or not it's how you're supposed to say her name

Merengue is clearly based off the dessert Meringue which is pronounced Mer-ang.

your pronunciation of the french merengue isn't wrong, but merengue is also a word in spanish that's pronounced differently, and i'm more familiar with the spanish word regardless of whether or not it's how you're supposed to say her name
that makes sense then, it's better than people blatantly mispronouncing it

I know the correct pronunciation would be like the food, but mer-en-gay sounds better to me. Also, I never got why, if she was named after the pastry, her name isn't Meringue. Instead, her name is Merengue which to me should be pronounced like the type of dance. But clearly she's themed like a pastry, so I don't argue with anyone who pronounces it the "correct" way.

that makes sense then, it's better than people blatantly mispronouncing it
why do you expect that everyone knows how to pronounce french? lol
i'm sure the situation is different in other countries, but at least for the american audience of this game, meringue is how we spell the food, and spanish is more commonly known among americans than french, so i don't think it's so ridiculous to have thought it was pronounced merengay

why do you expect that everyone knows how to pronounce french? lol
i'm sure the situation is different in other countries, but at least for the american audience of this game, meringue is how we spell the food, and spanish is more commonly known among americans than french, so i don't think it's so ridiculous to have thought it was pronounced merengay
The one thing that annoys me is when people in specific English Speaking countries blatantly mispronounce it then act like the PROPER pronunciation is wrong, for MANY languages. that's a common thing in North America, for example. Many even blatantly mispronounce Spanish out of laziness, it's a little annoying thing but it isn't a HUGE deal. Nothing wrong with your POV though, it makes sense

Back