• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

✨🌈How do you prefer your Villager Houses layout?🌈✨

I have them clustered together. Although one of them might have to be by themselves in the end since I have so much trouble trying to figure out what to do with 3 houses.

I think it is a little of both. I have them spread in pairs/group with yards of almost the same size for each pair/group, but yard size isnt really the same for all, it depends on the area.

I prefer a neat layout where every villager gets the same amount of allocated "yard" space. I'm in the process of figuring out what that means on my island.

My villagers are scattered and clustered around my island with their own individual sized yards. Most have some sort of fence somewhere.

Marina lives in the back of the island in a little Japanese area. Audie lives on the beach. Sherb lives by my house. Merengue, Erick, and Sprocket live in a village group with Lobo living behind them in a more country area. Piper and Muffy live in the forest. Velma lives in the upper level beside the museum with a little "secret" backyard connected to her yard.

Mine are scattered all over the place but I'm currently terraforming and trying to make one general neighborhood for all of them

I have them set up in a checker-type pattern to make a neighborhood on a cliff in the far-right corner of my island. I like having the extra space everywhere to roam around and decorate~

Currently, I have houses clustered in pairs or going down a line in threes along the east and west beaches. The yards for the six houses along the beaches are more or less the same size. There is more variance in yard size for the other four houses, partly due to Resident Services not being centered with respect to the two (double-south) river mouths. All my villagers live on the ground level, though.

Right now I have my "village" split into two sections. The first has them grouped together vertically in two by two rows, with very small individual backyards in the back of their houses. Then I have a river that splits the houses and then I have my houses side by side with backyards in the back. I think it's nice to have variation with the placement of the houses so that it feels a little more organic.

All of my villagers have their houses in one giant neighborhood. All of them have a yard that fits each of them.

I prefer them more scattered. Makes the island more interesting in my opinion. Also feels more like the older games where the houses were very scattered (though in those games, maybe a bit too scattered).

I have a neat little neighborhood, they have yards but the sizes vary but they're generally all in the same area to the east of my island, and they all get their own furniture, flowers, trees. Rosie and Reneigh, Sherb and Fang, and Raymond and Marshal share their yardspace. I also put in little areas in the centre, so there's a pond and a little reading garden.

They're scattered, but some are still clumped together.

- In the northwest section I built a quiet gated community for my crankies and snooty (now cranky, snooty, and sisterly) complete with a pool area and fountain square.
- Then I put my jocks together (now jock and cranky...) in the northeast, and built them an outdoor gym, track field, and sauna.
- I have a more secluded woodsy area on the west side that originally held my lazy by himself (now a smug, but he's got nature furnishing so it still fits lol) and a little ways away is my peppy with a nice riverside yard.
- Two more are in the southeast corner close to the town square. They just have their own themed yards separate from each other.
- The last is just randomly in the middle by himself with no particular fanfare.

I have all my villager houses clumped together in a little neighbourhood, but still spaced out a little bit so that I have enough room to give them their own yards.

All except two are like that. The other two are in the process of being fit in to the neighbourhood somewhere. Both are Cookie and Daisy who are fairly new, so they have being sitting on the beach.
I like having them all together like this, because it makes it easier when I need to go a house for whatever reason.

I really like the house scattered, paired up with another house or in smaller neighbourhood such as 4 houses or 5 houses together

most of my villagers are in a neighbourhood-type area, each with their own yards; as of right now, nothing is really symmetrical or neat at all but once i’ve obtained all of my dreamies, i’ll be working to change that! that being said, due to having bigger ideas for some + lack of space, four of my villagers have their own little specific areas away from the others; audie resides on the beach, margie has her own garden / park / date-spot area, skye’s in my soon-to-be enchanted forest and zucker, while he technically is in the neighbourhood, i have him on the beach, too, rather than in the house lineup i’ve got going on :’)

in new leaf, i preferred having my villagers scattered about and thought that would be the route i’d take in new horizons but now, i’ve grown to really like neighbourhood setups, too!

Scattered all around the island. They don't really have a very specific yard to them either, most of them only having a few items around (so far), but their physical location and the difference in the surrounding terrain makes them stand out from each other nonetheless. I see my villagers literally everywhere, and often see them following the paths from their home to for example the plaza and back. :)

Mine were in 2 different neighborhoods (6 and 4) with their own yards, but I'm changing that up. I removed the fences and found they really wander around each other's yards without the fences blocking them. So, no more fences. Then I decided Carmen's house really looks like a beach house, so I moved her to the beach. I don't want anyone to be completely alone, so I'll probably move somebody close to her. I'm leaning towards putting everybody in groups of 2 or 3, scattered around the island. I can't completely decide, though. I'm pretty sure I'm headed for a major overhaul for winter, so I need to make up my mind.

I had all my villager houses scattered all over. I decided want to move 4 of the houses to an open area near all the other houses. So far I’ve only moved 2. I’m currently trying to get my last loan paid so I can get the extra storage. Then I’ll move the other two. I also need to finish getting my flowers under control. It’s just so tedious and I distract myself doing something else.

Back