• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you prefer to end a multiplayer session?

How do you prefer to end a multiplayer session?

• Let visitors leave as host/Leave via the airport as visitor

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Let visitors leave as host/Leave via the minus button as visitor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let visitors leave as host/Let host end session as visitor

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • End session as host/Leave via the airport as visitor

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • End session as host/Leave via the minus button as visitor

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • End session as host/Let host end session as visitor

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
I prefer to leave either via the airport or to be kicked out. I have no preference, but I don’t like to leave via the minus button because I’ve heard horror stories. I always prefer to end the session myself because I want my gates to close automatically.

I always try to use the airport as a visitor or the host. It just feels unnatural to me to use the minus button?

I guess I don't mind if the host ends the session to kick me out if we are far from the airport but it does feel a little weird to have them kick me out while I'm already inside the airport, like I'm just being rudely rushed? I was already leaving! It doesn't bother me a ton but it's just a little weird.

Let visitors leave as host

Leave via the airport as visitor.

This is the best for ACNH multiplayer. When the host forces me out I find it very rude. I don't like conflict and I've found that this is the best.

Visitors leaving via the airport is good for me and so I do it on other islands. I heard about the minus button and dislike using that as I don't wish that on the host.

As the host I dislike kicking people out. They should know the rules and leave when they are finished with what they came to my island to do. I feel kicking visitors out is a last option. Fortunately, I've never had to do that.

unless i have multiple trades going on, i'm giving you the boot because it's quicker and i don't have to go and close my gate after you leave. there's no negative feelings or connotations to it, it's just convenience. i find it very strange that several people take it personally or have any sort of feelings towards it.

I don't use multiplayer that much, but from my experience as both a visitor and a host, I'd rather have the host end the session. It's much more efficient.

Let visitors leave in their own time, and leave via the airport when I visit.

I developed a dread of the minus button, lol. Occasionally, when visiting other islands there would be someone leaving "quietly"... and dangit - when it came back from the loading screen there would be errors. Ugh. Nothing like going to a busy island to make trades or catalogue, and then in the middle of it someone leaves quietly with the minus button and then you have to figure out what saved and what didn't.

I've heard that there is a timer that allows you to close what you are doing before the save, but I've never noticed a timer.

The airport is more polite, imo. It avoids confusion by just not allowing the exit until everyone stops their transactions, etc.

And as host, I just leave the gates open, and leave Betsy just standing there staring at nothing (afk). When I come back, if everyone is gone, I'll close the gates. My niece has come over with a friend and they can spend a looong time on the island, lol.

I voted for "End session as host/Let host end session as visitor" because I believe that's how most trades I've had with go, and how I trade or play with my friends. It definitely depends on the players so it feels like a case-by case basis imo, but generally speaking I've never had issues with trades where the host ends with the minus button. It just saves time for both sides and I've always seen it as the most convenient way (assuming that this is the only trade happening). If the host intends to have multiple visitors/trades going on though, then the visitors should leave through the airport.

i had no idea it might be a faux pas to end the session oops, i pretty much always do that to save time and awkwardness hahaha

I'm never sure what to do when I'm done trading with someone and I take forever to type on the keyboard (I always forget I can just use the NSO app now to type) so ending is awkward for me! If I'm hosting I'll just wait and see if the person starts to go back to the airport, which is usually what happens. If I'm visiting and we're still close to the airport I'll wave bye and start walking back as soon as the trade is done, but it doesn't bother me if they end the session while I'm on my way, whatever's easiest for them.

Back