• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Do You Organize Your Games?

thats the fun thing, i dont!

sincerely i just kind of have them wherever. my switch games are on my bookshelf, none of my other games are organized. steam games, any other games that were acquired by other means go into a folder just labeled "GAMES" on my D drive.

So this is my Nintendo console collection, and how I organize them! As you can see, the systems themselves aren't really in any particular order, but everything is alphabetized in their proper system section. Doesn't really bother me too much that the systems are not in any particular order because I can just look and easily tell where things are.
20220909_233010.jpg
Just wanted to say you have an awesome collection! Any particular reason why you have two copies each of Mario Galaxy and Wind Waker? Do you get really excited about your favorite game from each generation and buy a 2nd copy? :)

I have never organized my games before. All of my physical Switch games other than the Labo games are in the carrying case that I keep my console in while the Labo are in a game case since they require different things to play. My digital games I try to organize by category and leave it that. I have more digital games for the Switch than physical games.

The only systems I have plugged in at the moment are the Switch and the PS4. My Switch games sit in a stack next to the dock, and my PS4 games are mostly digital. I don't stack the games in any particular order. It didn't occur to me that I should store them differently, because they're convenient neat little stacks lol.

Any games that aren't for Switch or PS4 are lined up in a bookcase, and I don't really use them. These aren't really ordered, but I did put my favourites (at the time) relatively front and centre. 😊

I don't. They're scattered everywhere throughout my house. Those that are on a shelf are in a random order; they're not even separated by platform.

I have a wardrobe I restored that I've organized all my games on. Each shelf has a spot for all the different console games.

I organize my games alphabetically by title, and then title within the franchise (all Mario’s get sorted alphabetically and come before all Pokemon games, sorted alphabetically). I used to organize them by most played to least played, but I decided I liked my default alphabetizing better. I should mention that each platform is separated and done the same way.

For DS, 3DS, and Switch games, I keep them stored in a case in slots (without the plastic game cases). For PS2 and Gamecube games, I line up them on the shelves in my tv stand with the case spines facing me. I don't have a huge collection or anything so it doesn't take up too much space which I like.

this is my sony collection. doesn't count sega systems, nintendo, microsoft, or other brands. it's not much :( but I thought i'd share anyway. :)
pscol.png
this is most of my sony stuff. i do have some sony stuff not shown. i organize by type. I'm not alphabetically organizing over 800 games.

I have my Switch game cartridges in my carrying case that I got when I bought my new OG Switch (2019 model). As for the actual cases I have them in my cupboard, my games are not that many.

I have travel bags for my Switch and 3ds. The bags contain their chargers, headphones, and game cartridge holders. The cases I keep in a plastic container.
ABE08BD7-2934-4312-B2F7-B200D371E489.jpeg

Fortunately, my collection is small. This lets me keep other gaming accessories, amiibos and geeky trinkets hidden from my family. Oh well, at least it sparks joy whenever I open it.

I don't really play PC games, so there's not a lot to move around. I just organize their desktop icons into a large gaming folder.

I have all my switch games in a organizational zipper carrying case, it has like 64 slots for switch games in it, I keep the original game cases separately in my closet stacked up on the shelf. My nintendo 3DS games are also in that carrying case. My xbox One games are all in their original cases on a shelf in my entertainment center.

Per console.

N64 ones with his group, Gamecube with his group, Wii with his group, Wii U with his group, Switch with his group, etc…

Physical games are by console and alphabetical order. Series are grouped in chronological order within the alpha grouping.

Digital games are alphabetical order, but I also have groups by type (board & card, sims, puzzles, etc.) and series, so some games are in more than one group (all the Pokémon games have a group), and games are alphabetical within the groups.

the vast majority of my games are on steam, and i sort by most recently played/bought and only have installed games shown. i tried categorizing stuff, but i have close to 1900 games there now and it's a futile task. the only form of categorization i stick to is that i tag every game i complete with 'completed'

Back