• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Do You Organize Your Games?

Mairmalade

mar 🐳
Staff
Bells
Island
Wisteria
Galaxy Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
I don't have much of a physical collection anymore so the few I do have are just stacked in a container in no particular order.

Digital games are sorted by recently played or favorites in front (ignoring the rest) with the exception of my Steam library because I use it the most:

1662498585372.png

My shelf of physical games are typically done in alphabetical order and by console, because I'm extremely fixated on order.

I don't mind when family comes over and they want to play with my games, but it's frustrating that I always know they've done it when I'm cleaning shelves and find that they just slapped the cases back on the shelf in any random order.

My digital games are kind of a disorganized mess. I should probably get that sorted at some point.

First are any limited edition box sets, ordered alphabetically. Then it's the regular game cases by console and alphabetically. With any video game music or drama CDs I want on display awkwardly chilling in-between my Switch and DS categories. I do mix my DS and 3DS games together, because they're roughly the same size, I try to keep series together when possible, and because the 3DS is back-compatible anyway.
Also, chronological order (in the case of game series) always takes precedence over alphabetical.

I don't have enough digital games to really organize those much, ahaha. 😅 I've got the first four Dragon Quest games on mobile though, so I have those in chronological order on their own page. I'd probably do more with the Switch folders if they weren't so out of the way.

I don’t. I stack them in a pile if it’s a physical copy. I prefer digital copies, though. I also don’t play very many different video games to begin with.

I prefer physical copies, so I have an entire shelf dedicated to physical Nintendo console games. They're organized alphabetically by system, but the systems aren't really in any particular order, they're just there wherever it fits. I'll take a picture when I get home because it's my pride and joy!

With my physical games, I group them by platform, then I'll order them in one of two ways. My old way of ordering them was by preference (as in: how much I liked the game), where I would often group games from the same series together as well. So for example, with my N64 games, I have Majora's Mask first, then Ocarina of Time, then Banjo-Tooie, and so on. My current way of ordering them is just by the order I get them in. The latter is maybe not the most efficient way of ordering them, but it does make it nicer to be able to quickly look and figure out when I got a specific game within that grouping.

With my digital games, I don't really organize them in any special way. So they're sorted by the default setting, either by most recently played/downloaded (i.e. with Switch, Steam) or sorted alphabetically (i.e. with any digital games installed directly onto my laptop).

In almost every other aspect of my life, I am extremely organized, but I don't own enough games to have a system for organizing them. I play very few games, but the ones I do play I devote myself to for a very long time. I have my console games in a drawer in my TV stand, stacked neatly but not in any real order. I have my PC games and some older handheld systems along with their games arranged based on space in one of my desk drawers. I don't have any digital games because I prefer physical copies that I can keep forever.

I like to organize my games by keeping them in boxes and luggage. I store some of my DS games in a lockable box that keeps me organized and is very useful. As for my 3DS game cartridges, I keep them in a carrying case so they’re easy for me to pick.

FA694091-9F39-4C1B-B968-D7D7D9B5E371.jpeg

Last edited:
I basically have no physical games and I keep all of my other games in a "Games" folder without really organizing it lol. Some of the icons stay even though I’ve long deleted the game. Maybe I should create some sub-folders, I don’t know!

At the moment, due to storage restrictions, I just have all my games in draws, organised by system, and roughly by genre (e.g all my pokemon games in two piles). I'd love to organise them alphabetically when I'm able to have more room though!
I don't have enough digital games yet that sorting them is an issue, so they're just sorted randomly.

I have them in a small cupboard, unless they're part of a main collection, then they're out on a display shelf with the rest of the series.

My entire digital collection is on my desktop. All three of them.

So this is my Nintendo console collection, and how I organize them! As you can see, the systems themselves aren't really in any particular order, but everything is alphabetized in their proper system section. Doesn't really bother me too much that the systems are not in any particular order because I can just look and easily tell where things are.
20220909_233010.jpg

I keep my physical console games in multiple boxes and sort them by console since I don’t have room for a shelf. My handheld games go into carrying bags and are sorted the same way. For the console games I’m currently playing I put them in a box by the TV for easy access.

My digital games are organized differently. On my 3DS I sort them by series and put them in various folders by platform. For example, I keep virtual console games in one folder and 3DS exclusive games in another folder. On my PS4 and Switch I simply sort them by genre.

Since I don’t buy physical copies of games anymore, the old ones I have are now kept in a drawer.

With digital games, I just keep my favorites. They are sorted by what I play the most. Those that I didn’t like much or have no plans of playing again, I keep them for a month before deleting them.

So this is my Nintendo console collection, and how I organize them! As you can see, the systems themselves aren't really in any particular order, but everything is alphabetized in their proper system section. Doesn't really bother me too much that the systems are not in any particular order because I can just look and easily tell where things are.
[image]
Looking at this photo is like watching a game of Jenga.

20220909_233010.jpg
Wow, you've done well with the space you have.

There are a lot of great titles here too!

20220909_233010.jpg
Agree with the above, looks super organized and great taste in games!

Physical: Console order, alphabetical order with sequels in release order. I ignore if sequels have a name that would place them elsewhere and just stick them in order with the rest of the series.

Steam: Select alphabetical order and leave it at that.

Switch (digital): None. The Switch is far too user clunky and unfriendly for me to bother ordering anything. I hate it but I also can't be bothered ordering it.

My Switch physical collection is alphabetical.

My Switch digital collection is by order of most recently played (ie: no order).

Back