• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How do you fish?

???

• Close eyes and listen to the sound

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Look at the fishing float

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Both

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
I close my eyes or look at the bottom screen if it's something important. If I'm just fishing as fast as I can without care to what I catch or how often, I'll just go by the lure. The fish that nibble and swim off annoy me though. I've had a few turn back for the lure after I'd yanked it, effectively scaring them away. (I'm the one that missed while attempting to catch a snail. Yes, I missed a stationary "bug".)

The sound its self is better IMO. Looking at it will just give me the urge to always tap A. looking away however allows me to only use 1 sense. Much better as the sounds do have a different tone to each other.

With a rod.

I throw the line in, go to whatever I was doing and press the button when I hear the sound. I don't really mind looking at the screen, it doesn't screw it up for me. It's just that I don't really need to look at the screen to be able to catch fish.

There is a HUGE black crack across my top LCD, so fishing by sight is nearly impossible. I find I react faster to the sound anyway, so I've gotten really good at fishing blind.

It depends. If I'm alone I will watch the float, if my husband's home or the dogs are making a racket I close my eyes and listen for it.

I always close my eyes and listen for that plunk sound. It's the only way I can catch the fish. I tend to press the button too quick if I watch!

I look at the float though I'll also listen to the sound to help, but it's mainly the float since that's quicker and I can do it with the sound off.

I've been closing my eyes when fishing since nearly the beginning. It's kind of dangerous when driving down the highway, but I gots to get those fish!

why are you even playing animal crossing while driving in the first place?

put that **** down

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i just wait for the bite sound, nothing else really

I do look at the screen when I start out. The longer I play I start to look away from the screen and listen.
After playing about an hour or so I start to hit the A button too soon.

I stare at my screen and wait for the bobber to go under the water. I sometimes have the sound turned down, so I have to look at the screen.

I do both. I usually plug in my headphones and do other things while keeping one hand near the A button until I hear the big BLOOP sound.
But when my daughter is watching and stuff, I just do it by sight because she makes me miss it 80% of time anyways lol

I crank the volume up and look at something else when there's a shark, Marlin, etc. Normal fish I'm like, "pff" yolo, watch the fish bite :p

when I'm serious, I'll either just look off into the distance or close my eyes with the speaker right next to my ear so I don't miss the plonk. but if I'm feeling particularly brave (mostly lazy), I'll just stare down the shadow whilst listening.

I would love to tape people's reactions to the intensity that is fishing in Animal Crossing xD
(I'd look so weird xP)

I mainly look at the screen and listen for the sound at once. But, if I'm going for a rare fish then I will close my eyes and listen to the sound. Otherwise, I panic and hit the button too early.

I put the 3ds really close to my face so I can hear clearly, and see it clearly. I look very weird whilst doing it. :3

I listen. I find that when I look at the screen I anticipate it and my thumb gets trigger happy and I will pull too soon. It happens sometimes with listening too, but I'm better with listening. I also have to take deep breaths. Fishing is stressful for me. I get too trigger happy and when I miss a shark cause I hit the button too soon I get really mad at myself.

Back