• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you fish?

???

• Close eyes and listen to the sound

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Look at the fishing float

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Both

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
I close my eyes or look at the bottom screen if it's something important. If I'm just fishing as fast as I can without care to what I catch or how often, I'll just go by the lure. The fish that nibble and swim off annoy me though. I've had a few turn back for the lure after I'd yanked it, effectively scaring them away. (I'm the one that missed while attempting to catch a snail. Yes, I missed a stationary "bug".)

The sound its self is better IMO. Looking at it will just give me the urge to always tap A. looking away however allows me to only use 1 sense. Much better as the sounds do have a different tone to each other.

With a rod.

I throw the line in, go to whatever I was doing and press the button when I hear the sound. I don't really mind looking at the screen, it doesn't screw it up for me. It's just that I don't really need to look at the screen to be able to catch fish.

There is a HUGE black crack across my top LCD, so fishing by sight is nearly impossible. I find I react faster to the sound anyway, so I've gotten really good at fishing blind.

It depends. If I'm alone I will watch the float, if my husband's home or the dogs are making a racket I close my eyes and listen for it.

I always close my eyes and listen for that plunk sound. It's the only way I can catch the fish. I tend to press the button too quick if I watch!

I look at the float though I'll also listen to the sound to help, but it's mainly the float since that's quicker and I can do it with the sound off.

I've been closing my eyes when fishing since nearly the beginning. It's kind of dangerous when driving down the highway, but I gots to get those fish!

why are you even playing animal crossing while driving in the first place?

put that **** down

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i just wait for the bite sound, nothing else really

I do look at the screen when I start out. The longer I play I start to look away from the screen and listen.
After playing about an hour or so I start to hit the A button too soon.

I stare at my screen and wait for the bobber to go under the water. I sometimes have the sound turned down, so I have to look at the screen.

I do both. I usually plug in my headphones and do other things while keeping one hand near the A button until I hear the big BLOOP sound.
But when my daughter is watching and stuff, I just do it by sight because she makes me miss it 80% of time anyways lol

I crank the volume up and look at something else when there's a shark, Marlin, etc. Normal fish I'm like, "pff" yolo, watch the fish bite :p

when I'm serious, I'll either just look off into the distance or close my eyes with the speaker right next to my ear so I don't miss the plonk. but if I'm feeling particularly brave (mostly lazy), I'll just stare down the shadow whilst listening.

I would love to tape people's reactions to the intensity that is fishing in Animal Crossing xD
(I'd look so weird xP)

I mainly look at the screen and listen for the sound at once. But, if I'm going for a rare fish then I will close my eyes and listen to the sound. Otherwise, I panic and hit the button too early.

I put the 3ds really close to my face so I can hear clearly, and see it clearly. I look very weird whilst doing it. :3

I listen. I find that when I look at the screen I anticipate it and my thumb gets trigger happy and I will pull too soon. It happens sometimes with listening too, but I'm better with listening. I also have to take deep breaths. Fishing is stressful for me. I get too trigger happy and when I miss a shark cause I hit the button too soon I get really mad at myself.

Back