how do you feel about bugs?

I have severe entomophobia (I'm especially scared of western conifer seed bugs, c0ckchafers, caterpillars, maggots, other beetles like ladybirds, centipedes, grasshoppers, and mantises), but my lepidopterophobia (fear of moths, butterflies and skippers) is even worse, to the point where even the atlas/oak silk moth in Animal Crossing scares me downright to the bone :eek:
Occasionally, I do try to catch/kill some of those bugs by myself (for example, I trap silverfish inside of a glass jar so I can subsequently flush them through the toilet, as the apartment building where I live also has a silverfish galore, those bugs are literally like cold sores!), but in the cases of more difficult-to-catch/-kill bugs (especially those that are able to fly), I need the help of someone else... if they're also willing to, at least. :rolleyes:

I know spiders are not bugs, but I'm only scared for the big, thick and hairy variants of those, am okay with common house spiders (which I just leave as they are), and am able to remove the smaller kinds by myself.

Overall: I cannot cope with 'real' bugs (and their larvae!) at all, especially when they're inside a building and nobody bothers to remove them for the sake of my paranoia (which becomes even worse when outside at a place full of bugs, where I can literally feel ghost/phantom bugs crawl all over me!), or someone tells me to calm down while they know darn well that I have those phobias. And at zoos, I am mandatory to skip the butterflies due to my severe lepidopterophobia as well.

Insects are very interesting; I love learning about them. The only issue I have with them is when they pop in my space out of no where; I get startled easily haha. I try to put them back outside when I am able.

I absolutely hate them haha. I can cope with them in AC but that's about as far as I go with them.

I can't stand them, from flies to spiders. The only thing that looks cute for me are certain green bugs like a tiny silkworm, the luna moth, and a leaf bug. I saw a video of a grasshopper being controlled by a parasite and it scared me enough so that I'll never touch one again.

Bugs can be cool/pretty a lot! While I am slightly against some of the ones that can hurt you, butterflies and some spiders are awesome to look at!

i hate bugs but ill never kill one because i dont think anything deserves to die. UNLESS IT IS A MOSQUITO TRYING TO SUCK MY BLOOD.

I like insects! I'm not sure what my favorite insect would be, I'll have to think on that. If they get into my house, I catch them with a cup and set them free outside, I can't bear the thought of hurting them.

I think bugs are cute.... outside... if they’re in my house I won’t hesitate to show them the door.

Yup. This is exactly how I feel.

June is a whirlwind of emotions too. Those massive June bugs are everywhere when I walk home @ night. Hearing them near me sends shivers up my spine because I’m bracing myself for when one smacks into me and gets caught in my hair or something 😱

I love bugs except for centipedes and roaches (like sewer roaches lol I'm totally ok with the Madagascar hissing roach)

Yup. This is exactly how I feel.

June is a whirlwind of emotions too. Those massive June bugs are everywhere when I walk home @ night. Hearing them near me sends shivers up my spine because I’m bracing myself for when one smacks into me and gets caught in my hair or something 😱
I’ve had many a June bug caught in my hair! It’s terrifying for me because I have curly hair and I’m sure the June bug feels like it got caught in a spider web!

I’ve had many a June bug caught in my hair! It’s terrifying for me because I have curly hair and I’m sure the June bug feels like it got caught in a spider web!

#curlyhairclub

Same haha.

Once something gets caught, it’s not coming out :c

Having one instance is one too many imo. They must be reeeeally bad where you are.

Spiders, centipedes, and roaches are awful! I'm pretty cool with all other bugs though. I'd prefer that they stay out of my house but if I do find one I usually try to catch it in a cup and put it back outside.

Back