• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like spiders?

Well, do you?

• Heck no

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • I don't mind them

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • They're awesome

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
Spiders are a neat concept and their webs are cool... if only they'd do that outside and away from me. They give me the heebie-jeebies.

Spiders are friend-shaped. Yes, I do like spiders. You won't see me reaching out to directly interact with them, but I figure they're beneficial since they'll eat whatever bugs that might usually reside in or find their way into a home. If I ever see any I usually just let them do their thing, unless they're climbing down a silk thread from the ceiling and getting in my space. I go out of my way to not kill them and simply try to relocate them to safety elsewhere within the room or house.

I'm 50/50 on whether I will freak out or ignore the spider entirely. It depends on the circumstances.

They’re alright until they’re in my room when I want to go to sleep. When I was little I saw this thing on TV of how someone woke up to a spider in their bed and I’ve been terrified of that happening to me ever since. 😂
The thought of having any kind of bug crawling on me is not a nice one either.

prefer them out of my room because they bite me but I don't kill them, I relocate them outside or in the basement if it's too cold (don't tell my mom)

100% no 😭 it is insane to me that there are stories about spiders crawling into people's mouths when they sleep like????? 😭😭😭😭

I don't mind them, but I don't think I'd want one as a pet or anything like that.

YES! They are friend shaped! Except black widows (because you do see them where I live), those get crushed on sight.

I like when they stay far away from me
IMG_6337.png

xnsixndj I’m afraid of most bugs, spiders included. I have respect for spiders and the job they do in controlling the bug population, but I would definitely prefer if they did all that literally anywhere but inside my home LOL. It’s the main reason why I don’t see myself ever visiting Australia, because good lord… the spiders there are insane. I think I would actually just drop dead if I ever saw a huntsman in front of me.

Though, I’ve seen plenty of people with spiders (mainly tarantulas) as pets, and while that life is not for me, those spiders are admittedly kind of cute. It’s really nice to see how loved and well taken care of those spiders are by their owners. There’s this girl on Tiktok who used to have a jumping spider named Rosie. Rosie has sadly since passed, but she was honestly very cute and very well taken care of. Her owner clearly loved and treasured her a lot, and it was nice to see.

My rule is that if you smash one and it makes a crunch sound, then it is too big to be in my house. They have free roam of my yard though.

I do relocate spiders like Daddy Long Legs. Depending on where you live, they are kind of adorable.

It depends really! I don’t want to see a giant one in the house, but a little jumping spider outside is cute! No matter how bad they get, centipedes are always worse in my opinion.
Here’s a macro photo I took of a Zebra Jumper (I think) back in 2018! ÓóωòÒ
IMG_3290.jpeg
We also had a cross orbweaver living on our porch that year, my mom named her Gloria and we really enjoyed her presence! She spun such beautiful webs ^^

Back