• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you design your rooms?

piercedhorizon

Bells
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Rose
White Rose
I design it like one theme for each room or two themes sometimes but I see people who have thier main room into a kitchen, dining area and living space type things but Ive never thought to design my rooms like that. Have any of your guys thought that?

At first, I just tried to collect furniture sets for each room to up my HH score, but after visiting some nice dream towns, I'm now trying to convert two of my rooms into a bathroom and a kitchen.

Seriously, though, who has a bed in each room? Lol

I've thought of doing that before, but I change my mind all the time when I get all these ideas for rooms. But for sure this time in my new town I'm going to make one of the houses like a regular house, room, kitchen, bathroom, etc but then who really knows lol with the new items I keep soaring with new room ideas.

I just..put all my favourite stuff down and and shift it around and hope it looks nice. When I can get another room, I'd like to turn it into a washroom.

And maybe I shouldn't have the main room as my bedroom, haha...

I usually come up with a theme for each house, like antique or nature-like decor. Then I think up a function for each room and design them to fit the theme. Or just start filling a room with furniture that would fit the theme and see what comes out of it. My plans often just kind of form as I try out different things.

My main house has a cute theme with a horror basement because it makes it creepier. My other two houses I have no plans set in stone for yet, but at least one will be a "regular" house!

I do my house like a real house, or at least I try. I don't make the two side rooms as I like the way the main room looks with windows, especially when it's raining out. Upstairs is the bedroom, the main room is the living room, the back room is the kitchen, and the basement area will either be a bathroom or a library... still haven't decided for that one yet.

This is my Mayor's house:

Main Room
WVW69jy--nsJ-7Pdqv

Bathroom/Guest Room
WVW69jy-_Z4Hxrau0Q

Kitchen
WVW69jy_AD8lE54gTL

Pub/Game Room
WVW69jy_CAUJ3_wUAv

Bedroom
WVW69jy_D28rCk6XFo

Study
WVW69jy_EuUsyOK6Bd

I like how it turned out, feels like a real home.

im definitely redecorating because of all the new furniture added in the update, but my house is designed like a real house with my bedroom, kitchen, backyard, and bathroom

I typically try to have the same type of rooms in each house.

Kalel's house: Idek, this is my mayor's house so I just made it all cutesy. Has Sanrio sets, Princess set, and refurbished Rococco set.
Melody's house: Seasons. Has Christmas, Autumn, Easter, and Halloween themed rooms.
Alice's house: Food themed. It's a cafe/restaurant for the most part.
Amelia's house: Upstairs and downstairs includes special villager pictures. The other rooms include other rooms I designed and am proud of. An island room, birthday room, Gorgeous set room, and mermaid/Cinnamoroll room.

I'm really proud of each room I've designed. They look great.

I love real life stuff (mostly retro) in my houses and whimisical stuff on museum expositions
my main character house has a bedroom a kitchen a bathroom a basement a livingroom and a showa style room
at some point I was planning a dagashi shop for my second character house but then I lost interest
now with the new items I've started to work again on my past projects ^^

My mayors house is designed as a proper house really. My basement is mermaid themed. Upstairs is designed like a child's bedroom/play room. My back room is a garden and I have a kitchen and bathroom. The main lobby is designed as the living room.

My other characters have themed houses. I made one into a pub/inn, another into a hospital and the last one is a log cabin in the woods.

Last edited:
My house was designed like a 'proper' house up until the update arrived. I had the front room as the reception area, left room bathroom, right room playroom, back room kitchen (still have that) and upstairs bedroom. The basement was used for villagers pictures but I couldn't fit them all in anyway...
Now I'm doing different themed rooms again. My left room is a 7/11 store, right room is for Sanrio stuff, basement is monster hunter and upstairs will eventually be splatoon. My front room is a mix of LOZ and Nintendo stuff, I have all my 3ds' on display there plus the giant game boy and that Nintendo Station. I'm going to keep my kitchen as there's loads of great new food items, the kitchen is one room I wish could be made even bigger

I used to try to design my houses like "real" houses, such as having the left room be a kitchen, but when I made practical rooms I lost interest in it or wanted to do a more whimsical theme. I also have a strong habit of decorating with full sets. Currently, I have been taking to a more eclectic approach, taking room layout inspiration from a lot of real-life interior design sources. As for my characters, my Mayor's house has an eclectic main room (which I consider the foyer), the left room is a bakery with sweets furniture and cakes, the right room is a princess room, the back room is the living room with a bunch of pink-refurbished furniture, the basement is mermaid, and the second floor is personal bedroom with white rococo furniture and a bunch of dolls/toys. I have a male character whose house I decided would be a "spooky" house (but am now reconsidering in light of all the new furniture), and another female character with a contemporary and nature themed house.

i design my houses based on my characters, like my mayor has an ornate mansion, my botanist character has an in-home museum and greenhouse, and my socialite character has lots of exclusive furniture and clothes displayed :)

Each room tends to be it's own thing. Main room is a living room, back room is a cafe, basement is planned to be the mush set, left side room kitchen, right side room Kiki and Lala, and upstairs is a candy room.

I haven't really started designing rooms yet, but this is what I wanna do:

Mayor (small house) - Like a regular house with all the amenities. The kitchen and living room are in the main room (mix of exotic, customised minimalist and ranch, and some harvey items). The backroom is the bathroom (customised ranch, clawfoot tub, etc., also the house of wisp lol). The top floor is the bedroom. Still not sure what kind of furniture I want to use... but I might do a mix of Gracie's summer collection and some other dark coloured furniture.

Mei (mansion) - Bed and breakfast. Each bedroom will have a different theme. The main room will be a reception and will also have a corner gardening store. The basement will be a sauna

Eggs (mansion) - Bakery/cafe/restaurant. Not sure which one I'm going to lean towards... The top room will be his bedroom, probably some sloppy furniture.

Charlie (smallest house) - Cabin furniture.

Kinda cliche, but I wanted some houses to have functions this time round. And I've always wanted a cabin near the campsite :3

Each room is a different room you might find in any house, and each room is either a strict theme with the occasional furniture/item exception (must have similar colors or theme/vibe). I have my at home office/tea room. It has a classic/vintage vibe and theme. Specifically themed after the Jacobs Ladder and other flowers, and it has classic furniture in it. My favorite room in the house. I have a kitchen, it's modern, and simple, and plain. Not much too it. Sort of a homey/small family home/ ranch feel. I also love being in my kitchen. My basement is always kept dark, and has K.K. Dirge playing. I also added other things for sound effects, such as the creepy clock (I have the whole creep set), and a bell cricket. I have spooky, creepy, halloweenish themed items, and some other oddities. My bedroom is pastellish and dreamy. I combined the Kiki and Lala set, with some Princess items. They share similar colors and themes. I'm playing K.K. Synth in the room, because it's kind of like that sleep hypnosis type music. The room is only lit by the princess lamp, so it has a very dim, blue glow. I decorate it in a way that I picture someone living in the room would live. Some clothes here and there, stuffed animals, and the like. I really love the room's atmosphere. The bedroom is also located upstairs, since a bedroom is a private area, it belongs in less busy parts of the house imo. The bathroom is all white, with a few white furniture pieces. It has a tub, with a screen covering it. I used a bathmat, there's a dresser, a radio in the corner playing Stale Cupcakes. A shelf above the tub with towels and soap on it, the bathroom sink has a mirror/cabinet combo, and sits right next to the toilet. Across from that is the washer/dryer, and a plain white lamp. Finally. the main room has a modern, living room and also bar feel. On one side of the room is the TV, a Closet, video game consoles, couch.On the other half is a bar counter, black grand piano, bar stools at the counter, and a music player. The room is done completely in Gorgeous series, and the only lights come from the red lamp in the room. It gives that cool, bar and lounge feel. The music player is playing K.K. Bossa. To add to the mood.

I love my house. Each room has a different vibe, theme, and feel. It's fun exploring how drastic the differences are between rooms.

Back