• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How did you pay off your house?

I did some beetle hunting but then got bored of it, so I just started to run around every day finding the money rocks and fake rocks and just paying it off a bit at a time.

I was fortunate enough to sell a villager for a ton of bells, so I did it that way.
Before that it was hauling beetles from the island for a while :p

I went bug hunting, fishing, and I auctioned off villagers I didn't want that were moving.

hybrid selling or stalk market for acnl
for acww i farmed beetles aw ye + shark farm
and maybe stalk market in acww too

I still haven't. I've had the game since December and have only gotten I think 2 home upgrades.

Oh but I usually make money by fishing, especially in the island in NL for sharks.

Last edited:
In all games up to CF I sold foreign fruit to Nook. In NL I pay my mortgage with island beetle money.

Going to the island every night and catching beetles/sharks like crazy! It still took me awhile though.

Mostly by selling beetles and sharks, but I also started to get into the stalk market, which is how I finished it off.

Mainly beetles in NL. In CF however It was all foreign fruit. Coconuts not being 500 bells any more really hurt me in NL. >.<

Turnips! Buying 1 mil in turnips and selling at 500-600 for a few weeks can set you up for the rest of the game. :p

Last edited:
Beetle farming, but now I'm broke so I'm considering turnips to buy Gracie's items. All her stuff are so expensive but it'll probably be worth it

(NL) Turnips and island beetle/shark hunting :)
(CF and WW): Foreign fruit, fossils, bugs and fish :)
(GC): Still paying off my house in GC

Last edited:
Back