• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how did you guys decide to name your town?

Vista...well I wasn't expecting to actually get the town the way I wanted it to look. (I restarted this town more than any of my towns..), so now it's a Japanese style town with a weird name lol.

Chocolat, it came to mind one day and it's French for Chocolate. I love sweets and you can only have a 8 letter name town.

Moonview, I just like the name..I think it's a common town name just like Chocolat and Flora.

Flora and Aoi were came to mind for my last two towns.

Last edited:
I ended up making a giveaway thread, saying my favorite town name would win! That's how i got the name Naporia, for Skyfall I just mashed some cool looking words together!

Harmony was my Wild World town which was named after a town on a soap opera... judge me all you want.

Blackout was my City Folk town which was named after a Britney Spears album... judge me all you want.

Nuketown is my New Leaf town which is named after a Call of Duty map... judge me all you want.

Have no idea what I'm gonna name my Switch (or mobile, if we have towns on there) town even though I think about it constantly

My first one in new leaf was named after Ash's home town of Pallet, I've been doing so since Wild World. In population growing I named it vg (video game) because I couldn't come up with a name and thought I could change it later (beech you thought).

My current town is named after a Kanto region city in Pok?mon. I'm crazy about Pok?mon, so this is a pattern I'm most likely going to keep really.

Last edited:
first one was named dobutsu after the original name of the game, my current one is namek, after a planet in dragonball

Smashvil because the my favorite stage is smashvil till i played town-a-c

Starcity because arrow themed town

- - - Post Merge - - -

And my town in cf is called magnolia
My town in acpggcn is called berlin somehow in 2016 i didnt know what berlin was reallllly so when i friend told me to do it i did...some vills live in bondage

My first town is Mewtopia, it's a play on words of utopia, meaning a perfect place. It's 'Mew' because I love cats.

My newer town is called Ivy Coast after the town in my story.

I have always done real places and town names. Wild World was Missouri (home state), I forget what I named my City Folk town, but I know it's named after a city in the US. My New Leaf town is London, because it's such a cool city :) and I wanted to do something not in US. Yeah, it's kind of unoriginal, but I'm okay with my town names. I kind of wanted them to be more realistic sounding too.

um I named my town Spring cause it's always in Spring and also cause I'm really creative and deep .... . aha.. okay.,.

I named my town Blossom because it's set in Cherry Blossom season and also because it sounds pretty cute!

I named my second town Sunny because it's going to be an ALL YELLOW town with lots of orange trees and the Sun is yellow so...yup!

the word just came into my mind randomly. funny thing is i actually wanted to name my name town Urla before i got the game but then on the last minute the word Emori came into my mind and then now my town is called Emori

Back