• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you come up with it?

I've been through a handful of usernames throughout my online life starting from when I was 12. Eevee and Baby~Eevee were my main ones back then. I currently use kit on discord/steam, SilverLiningSheep on fanfiction.net/tumblr/ao3 and Corrie on here.

Eevee and Baby~Eevee (B~E) are self explanatory for being in the Pokemon fandom lol. I switched to Baby~Eevee (B~E) after another user having their name as Eevee.

Then I wanted something that wasn't connected to a fandom and could be used anywhere that sounded more like an actual person's name. There was a scene girl in my high school who had a locker beside mine who had the name Corrie. I never spoke to her but remembered thinking her name's spelling was super cute so I decided to use it online for myself.

kit is based off of a nickname I used to call our family cat and SilverLiningSheep was also a word generator name that sounded cute and contained words I felt represented myself. Sheep for being fluffy silver lining for always thinking positively.

Last edited:
I have a couple that i've used on here that are rapidly changing.

my most recent one, Chikin, is just a misspelling/funny way of saying chicken. my friends used to poke fun at me for how much i adore chicken (food and animal alike) and one day it just kind of latched on as a "feature" of me. someone found a picture spelling it Chikin instead of Chicken so i started using that. usually "chikin" is mixed in with franny/fran/francine in some capacity but name change is imminent so just Chikin.

i used to go by Sucre. inspired by a game called OFF, it's a hidden boss character. just the french word for sugar, but I loved that character/her battle so much it became my identity for a bit. i don't use it much anymore, it's too common and it's been kind of tainted (IMO) by my past.

My username Midoriya is literally just the name of a fictional character, lol. He's the anime character I'm most like after Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte the maxim.

As for gamertags, I usually just use my actual name. Actually kind of glad I can't use it here now because I'd rather not use an actual name as my forum username. :lemon:

PhecdaSolar… named after one of the stars in the Big Dipper, but it’s also actually based on my favorite character from YuGiOh Zexal, Vector, who is BASED off of the star Phecda! My sona also has orange hair, which matches his, heheh… the Solar part is just bc I ran with the celestial theme

So over the span of 5 years, I started with animeshadowpanda, then I changed to Darkesque_, then finally to IdyllicSouls. animeshadowpanda originated from an old friend of mine's Instagram handle, and I was obsessed with anime, darkness (this was my emo phase part 1 lol), and pandas. Darkesque_ came from me spitballing tbh, I wanted something mysterious to represent my (at the time) enigmatic self. Finally, IdyllicSouls (by far my favorite username so far) came from me embracing my soft, romantic, and classy side. I've always loved the word Idyllic, and the idea of souls has always puzzled me. So, yeah!

My TBT username comes from a generic enemy type from Final Fantasy XIV, from the Stone Vigil dungeon. I love dragons, and I remember feeling disgruntled by all the dragon bullying going on around that point in that game's story. At the time, I couldn't help thinking "Wow, I'm coming to this place and picking fights with cute creatures literally described as being loyal. What a hero!" I also just like how it sounded in general, so I decided to take them on as my username. On a slightly related note, I've always wanted a dragon/bug Pokemon, and I'm still sad that Flygon isn't one.

"SoraFan23"

Is a username that I use on most gaming system. How I got the same was that the name "Sora" is refered to the main character from the Kingdom Hearts Franchise. Also I am a huge "Fan" of Sora so you can tell that I really like his character. The number "23" is just a random number I thought about so it doesn't have a reason its just sorta "there" and I went a long with it.

Mine is inspired by 2 things: the "DJ" part comes from when I was a kid, I would play this game with my sister and cousin where we ran a pretend hotel. Usually while we played we would have a video game's soundcheck playing in the background and I was charged with "DJ-ing" the music choices lmao
Back then I also thought that the idea of DJ's in general was the coolest thing ever 🤣

The "Mika" part comes from an old Japanese idol group in the early 2000s called Mini Moni, and growing up I was obsessed with them lol
My favorite member's name was Mika 😊

I really suck at coming up with good usernames so I use "DJ-Mika" for pretty much any of my online accounts. Unless the name is already taken/the website has naming restrictions, I'll just tweak it a bit but it's still pretty much the same (EX: My Insta is dj_miika)
In games my name is just "Mika", so my Animal Crossing rep or my Switch profile is pretty straightforward as I don't like using my real name for online things 😅

My main three are either Shinkai, for obvious reasons,
Sukio, from... well, I don't remember. I just remember having it as a name in a game one time without reason and just rolling with it a few times since then
third is my name, Hudson, but usually with an exclamation mark at the end

I like Yoshi so I make my name in Animal Crossing games, Pokémon games, and on this forum based on it.

I use the name marblerobin for the majority of sites, or some other variant of it, this site being one of the rare exceptions. In Animal Crossing, I named my character Orangey, after my cat.
As for my Minecraft username, my best friend and I were obsessed with the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas, and when we created our names, I chose Penzance1234 and she chose Pinafore1234, after the plays The Pirates of Penzance and H.M.S. Pinafore.

“Allie” is a nickname used by close friends/family irl. “-cakes” just sounds really cute to me so I slapped it on there for fun.

For AC I prefer using my real name. In other rpg games, I just pick the default option. It would feel weird otherwise. Especially if the game has romance.

I don’t really play online, so I just pick whatever feels right at that moment.

I wanted a cute little name that rhymed so i chose sleepydreepy, also because im always sleepy and I love dreepy the pokemon.

I tried to come up with something clever using my real name (Sarah) but couldn't really think of anything cool other than sriracha/saracha??

I don't really have a tradition for most things, usually the first name that comes to mind. If I like it I use it.

CylieDanny is a combination of my two characters from my visual novel, Knighthood. Danny the main character, and Cylis one of the knights. Also one of the love interests.

Most of my user names are combinations of my OCs names. Most of my usernames I've made have Cylie or Cylis in them.
--
For games there isnt much of a tradition except for one game. Its usually a first name that comes to mind, and if I like it I keep it. Not always the best because I have alot of characters named Kokichi xD which is my favorite boyo from Danganronpa. Fun fun.

Sometimes I go in with a theme. My Stardew Valley character is named after a water spirit/siren. Since he lives on a beach farm xD I thought it was funny.
--
Kobe, my AC boyo I thought was a random name. But I was probably think about the manga I just finished, *Happy Sugar Life* and named him after my favorite character in it. Which I hadn't realized till recently.
--
I have a tradition in Pokemon, all of my characters are named after a flower, usually a poisonous one. Because I love Poison Pokemon, ive had the following:

Azalea: Alpha Saphire
Acacia: Sword
Ivy: Y
Lantana: Arceus

Also if Zubat is avalible, Zubat is always my flyer, always named Naegi.
----​

My tbt user came from the fact that the Mystery Dungeon remake has shinies, and you go dungeoneering (dungeon exploring i think), hence, ShinyDungeoneer. as for other places, My Twitch username (i like watching the streams), Thunder_Hurricane12, came from Cure Peace's upgraded attack in Smile Precure, Peace Thunder Hurricane. I also took Cure Beauty's for Wattpad, that being Beauty Blizzard Arrow (Blizzard_Arrow). My animal jam user came from the Hardy Boys mystery stories, and I think that's all? unless I'm forgetting some lol.

I came up with the alias Kerfuffle years and years ago. I just love the word, and it explains my constant state of mind. lol

I use the name Elara for characters usually. It's the name of one of Jupiter's moons :)

I usually use my real name and my gamertag is usually my save file / town / shop / island.

Back