How are you going to say goodbye?

I’ve been playing almost every day for the past 2 months! My goal two months ago was to complete both my ACNL towns and upload them to the dream database before ACNH. So far I finished one town and I’m about 85% done with Tinytree. I decided to turn Tinytree, which was originally an autumn theme town, to a tropical town to celebrate the arrival of ACNH! Even though I won’t be playing ACNL as often, at least they’ll get to experience a slice of island paradise as well :’) I’m also celebrating all of Tinytree’s villagers summer birthdays before I leave. It was a pure coincidence that most of my original villagers already had summer birthdays before I changed my theme.

Going back and cleaning up my towns, and updating all their dream addresses except for Vinetown's (the damn thing keeps crashing and I can't really salvage the save anymore... in a way to justify updating it on the dream server. It's still up after 3 years of inactivity, so it's not going anywhere anyway.)

I'll be back to New Leaf. It was my first animal crossing, and it holds a special place in my heart.

I won't because I'm too broke to buy a Nintendo Switch lol!!

i wish i had some big ceremony planned for my town, but i honestly have no attachment to my current one. i had a bad habit of restarting my town every few days with this game, so i never truly properly got into it as i should have. bit unfortunate.

My way of saying goodbye is by earning as many badges as possible. I just went from the bronze weeding badge to gold today.

I also put up 2 additional PWPs and did a bit more landscaping. My town is always a work in progress and is never finished bc I change residents a lot (and gave up on trying to place them adequately). But I was surprised to see just how comforting of a place it still was after all this time.

I sent heartfelt letters to my favorite villagers, but I think I'm ready to move on to New Horizons.

stoppp this is making me so sad ;; i love my acnl town like crazy and i KNOW inevitable i'll play it a lot less... i don't have any special plans atm but i might make some now. maybe i'll write some letters to all my villagers saying "it isn't goodbye, but i'm traveling somewhere new and i'll stop by a lot less. love you sm" or something along those lines.

emotional ;;

There is no way I could say goodbye to NL.
I'll likely also spend some time under my tree as well as send letters to my villagers.
I'm still plucking away at collecting things for my museum and with the determination to finish, I plan on coming back frequently. <3

I don't plan on stopping acnl. I see myself playing it less once acnh comes out but I will continue to build up my towns down the road. While waiting for acnh I have been trying to put my towns landscaping together.

i know i'll probably pass over new leaf for new horizons and that makes me a lil sad!

ever since restarting my first town on an impulse decision, i have been pretty distant from the game - but i still love it a lot! i think i'm going to leave a little message on the bulletin board and then just leave it alone for me to maybe check back in on in a few years.

i already said goodbye :(

one day in October i think, I just opened up my town and just reset it. i wasn't playing very often and it felt more like a chore to play instead of an actual game. now I want to pick it back up but there's no point! if I get tired of NH then i'll probably go back to NL for a little bit.

Goodbye letters, mostly. Sending presents with those letters, too, corny as it may be.

I haven't been in my town for years, and it would pain me too much to see them now!

I can't say goodbye. I just came around a year ago.

I didn't preorder NH. I never bought a Switch. I still have too much I want to do. The badges, stores, secrets, landscaping...I've got a lot planned. I can't abandon this project yet! :D

I'm planning on playing in both of my towns for what will probably be the last time tomorrow. The first one was my first town from when I first got the game in 2013, and I last played in that town towards the end of 2015. The second town is on another cartridge and was started while I was watching E3 last year. I'm going to change the date to whenever I last played in each of the two towns, so I can see them exactly how I left them instead of being overrun with weeds and with only half of the villagers I had before I stopped playing.

Saying goodbye to the second town wont be hard, because I didnt make that much progress and I only have two villagers there that I even remotely cared about. The first however... it has almost all of my favourites, all shops upgraded, house all paid off and I have tons of fond memories of that town. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to that town and all of my favourite villagers, but it's something I want to do before I move on to new horizons... literally.

I've been finishing anything unfinished in New Leaf in the last couple weeks, but I'm not going to completely abandon it, at least not very soon. This period before NH made me very sentimental about my town and villagers. It really feels like a close community to me, I feel so loved. It almost seems like in these days they sent me more letters saying they appreciate me than ever before. ToT
I wish I could arrange some kind of NH release goodbye party, but I know it won't feel like my villagers understand what's going on. Guess I'll just send letters to everybody.

I don't think I could ever leave. I've gotten super attached, and I've come to love the town i've built up over the months. This game is just super relaxing, and I find that there's always SOMETHING to do.

I don't think I could ever say goodbye to my town! As of right now, I'm checking in every day or two. I have grown extremely attached to my town in the past (almost) 7 years. I also check in to make sure Aurora is doing okay. :)

Back