• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How are you going to say goodbye?

I am plan on drawing all characters that probably won't show up in New Horizons..;w;
and also, I will still back to my town while I am playing NH

I don't want to say "goodbye" :( It'll be very sad, I've played since release day!

As long as my 3/2 DS?s still work I have no permanent plans to say goodbye to my NL towns. I will continue my check in?s just not as frequently.

I don?t think I will quit playing ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf? in favor of ?Animal Crossing: New Horizons.?

I will find out.

I don?t plan to say good-bye to ?New Leaf.?

i don't plan on saying goodbye to ac:nl, especially since i just restarted a new town. i want to have some old stuff to fall back on while i do everything on my switch! although in this case, that mostly means being able to work on a town while i wait for new horizons, then keep working on it while i play on my island vacation.

once i complete my town which is hopefully soon, i'm going to draw all of my villagers and my mayor togetherr
though i don't think i will say goodbye forever. I still hop on my GameCube town once in a blue moon to see them lol

im going to set the town and all of its inhabitants on fire.
nah im just gonna let time fly bye and let them all patiently wait for my return.

Well you don't have to, at least not til they shut down the wi-fi if they ever do...

But yeah I did that some half a year ago or more. I kinda hit a wall with where I collected the same things and made the villagers the same etc etc. I mean most game has its limits.

I really don't want to stop completely playing New Leaf. If possible I'm going to try and find the time for both.

I have been putting a lot of time and effort into both my towns recently and I'm not quite finished with either of them, so I want to continue playing at least until the towns are completed. But I will probably never fully stop playing. I love the game too much.

Sadly I never got to.

I never got to say goodbye to my villagers. I dunno what happened to my saves but I lose everything. All my progress, my villagers, bells, items just gone. I played it for a year and it especially helped me recover from a non serious appendix operation. But if I could say good bye I guess I would post a notice saying I was moving to a new island and would miss them.

Its funny how a game does that to you huh?

Honestly, I loved ACNL since July 2013, when I discovered a Mario Kart 7 player on YouTube that I really liked at the time, and I must've stumbled into one of his ACNL videos, and that's how my love for Animal Crossing (specifically New Leaf) began. Now that it's been 6-and-a-half years, and New Horizons is coming right around the corner, I'm finally ready to let go of New Leaf. Since I'm always time-travelling, I never gave my village a proper good-bye. However, I think my town tree is big enough for my village to be sold to Tom Nook, and if it is, I will most likely give it away to someone else who still would want it. All in all, I'm finally ready to make the big step from New Leaf to New Horizons.

I’m sending money to my favorite villagers so they can support themselves while I’m gone lool.
awwwwww omg this is SO cute!

but for me, I dont plan on ever saying goodbye!! D:
im always gonna keep my 3DS and new leaf game card so if I ever wanna go back to it I can. over the past few years even tho ive "finished" my town I would sometimes go back on for fun to just walk around and talk to villagers. when I do this I do time travel so none of my villagers leave (I keep going back to the week of when I last saved my dream address which is the cherry blossom week, so for my villagers its like I never left, and they also keep reliving the same week over and over again soo...)

so yeah I dont plan on ever getting rid of my new leaf game card so im not saying goodbye :cool: #denial

Last edited:
I?ll create a slideshow of the screenshots I?ve taken through the years with Boyz II Men?s ?It?s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday? playing in the background. Or maybe Green Day?s ?Time of your life?... Idk, I?ll discuss it with Isabelle. The slideshow will be projected in Club Lol, and we?ll have a farewell party afterwards. Shoot them one of those ?but you?ll always be in my heart? lines during a toast, then mingle with my villagers into the wee hours of the morning.

Or not, I kinda already been MIA.

Last edited:
awwwwww omg this is SO cute!

but for me, I dont plan on ever saying goodbye!! D:
im always gonna keep my 3DS and new leaf game card so if I ever wanna go back to it I can. over the past few years even tho ive "finished" my town I would sometimes go back on for fun to just walk around and talk to villagers. when I do this I do time travel so none of my villagers leave (I keep going back to the week of when I last saved my dream address which is the cherry blossom week, so for my villagers its like I never left, and they also keep reliving the same week over and over again soo...)

so yeah I dont plan on ever getting rid of my new leaf game card so im not saying goodbye :cool: #denial

Denial is my favorite coping mechanism :cool::cool::cool:

I optimistically expect to maintain both my ACNL town and my ACNH island.

In practice, I'll probably start visiting ACNL less and less frequently, until I get sidetracked, stop, and feel like I can't come back without messing up my town in some way. I've already noticed a bit of a decline in how often I visit (though I think some of that is seasonal), which usually happens to most of my towns sooner after starting them than I would like.

My usual pattern (since GCN) goes something like this: I start a town, and play it lots for six to nine months. Over time, other commitments get in the way (it's possible it's related to a certain time of year, but I haven't really tracked that), and I find myself playing less. Eventually, I realize that I haven't had time to play in a number of months, yet I really want to play more AC. From there, there are two possibilities. I can either weed my town and get everything back into shape (far easier in ACNL than in past games), and repeat the cycle in my existing town. Alternatively, I can start a new town (which is part of how I've ended up with a lot of GCN towns, and two ACNL towns.

I'm hoping that won't happen, as there's still more I want to do in ACNL, and I think I'd be happy if I continued to work on landscaping my town, etc. I also have Amiibo cards in case my favorite villagers move during a hiatus. But for now, I don't think I'll do anything special to celebrate moving on. I still balance 3DS games and Switch games for other series, so why not Animal Crossing?

Last edited:
I’ll try and log on every couple days. Eventually I’ll just stop playing altogether. I already see it coming. New Horizons is just so nice and has everything I wished NL had when I first played it

I'll probably ghost them all and restart a new town in a couple months. I don't want them to be mad at me because I left :(

Back