• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

HELP!!! I'm a noob who doesn't understand TBT bells at all

czok23

Bells
Switch
5202-8099-4617
Could someone please explain this to me? So TBT bells are currency on this site/forum, but are not your bells from animal crossing, and are not representative of real money. So what are they? What are they used for? And how do I acquire them?

It all just seems kind of pointless. I figured transactions would be made by (lets Im buying an item from another ACNL player through the forum) simply swapping friend codes and then having one player visit the other's village, conducting the transaction by hand?

I feel like I am just totally missing a big part of how things work here at TBT so if someone could help me out with this, you'd be my hero!

TBT is acquired by posting. You'll get a little bit (1-10, or something like that) every time you create a new thread or reply to someone else's thread. They're used for a number of things-- purchasing forum collectibles (the little squares in users' sidebars), purchasing in-game items, in-game bells, and even drawings/art down in the Museum board. They're much more convenient than dumping a hundred 99k bags in someone's town-- just tap the number of bells in a person's sidebar, then select how much you'd like to give them! It's quite simple. Plus, TBT bells are more useful/versatile than IGB (in game bells). Less and less people are needing IGB simply because they've come far enough in their towns that they don't really need IGB for anything anymore. Also, 1 TBT = 200k IGB.

Hope this helps!

That did help a bit, but i still mostly dont understand. I have millions of IGB, but literally 20 TBT bells. Are all of my IGB useless on here? And if so, then how could i possibly buy stuff in-game with these TBT bells?

Like im trying to buy something off someone right now but we havent discussed any details yet other than that they have what im looking for, but they are just telling me to open my gate. Yet it seems like normal transactions on here go through the TBT system as you just described? Ahhh i just dont get it!

You could always sell your IGB for TBT. TBT is so much easier to deal with than IGB in my opinion.. If you wanna buy a certain furniture set, for say, 50 TBT, all you gotta do is send the TBT before/during/after the trade. Whereas with IGB you gotta go back and forth between the Post Office or a house with an ABD. It's just easier. I understand where you're coming from though, I didn't quite get it either when I first started out on here.

So how would i go about changing my IGB to TBT then? Idk i feel like it only makes sense to do everything in game cuz what if i pay someone for an item with TBT on this site, but they never come to my village and bring me the item? Whereas if the buyer and seller were both in game it would be a quicker, more secure transaction right?

I just want to figure out the smartest safest way to do business here because Im literally in the middle of trying to coordinate a trade/purchase right now but im worried that the ither person might screw me over since i dont get how this site works yet yknow?

Well.. If someone wants to purchase IGB with TBT, they would have to go to that persons town to pick up the IGB, likely after sending the TBT.

If you are worried about getting scammed, look at the persons Wi-fi/Trade Rating. If they've done lots of trades and have a 100% positive rating, then it's unlikely you will be scammed and can trust that person. If they do scam you, you can leave them a negative review, which will affect their Wi-fi/Trade Rating, which will make people not want to trade with them.
You can even read their feedback (though it's very short as you only get 80 characters to review someone). Feedback and trade ratings are very important on this site, from what I have seen so far.

If you want to leave feedback or submit feedback for a certain person, just go to their profile, click the Wi-Fi/Trade Rating tab, and then click one of the two lines at the bottom. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, if you want to sell your IGB for TBT, you can always ask for the TBT before they come to your town first - then you won't get scammed. If they do anything suspicious, just switch off the wi-fi.

Alright so that deal I mentioned earlier went perfectly, and they actually gave me a free item just out of kindness! So im glad you explained how to leave feedback cuz i was looking for some sort of way to give her the credit she deserves for being so honorable in that exchange.

Back to the conversion talk, I think i got it now, correct me if im wrong. TBT is transferred through the website, IGB are transferred in game. So lets say i wanted to turn a certain amount of IGB into TBT. I would have to find a willing participant (ill use you for the example) to transfer the TBT over to my account here on the site, and then we would meet up in the game at which point I would give you the IGB equivalent of the TBT that you transferred to me.

Is this correct?

Alright so that deal I mentioned earlier went perfectly, and they actually gave me a free item just out of kindness! So im glad you explained how to leave feedback cuz i was looking for some sort of way to give her the credit she deserves for being so honorable in that exchange.

Back to the conversion talk, I think i got it now, correct me if im wrong. TBT is transferred through the website, IGB are transferred in game. So lets say i wanted to turn a certain amount of IGB into TBT. I would have to find a willing participant (ill use you for the example) to transfer the TBT over to my account here on the site, and then we would meet up in the game at which point I would give you the IGB equivalent of the TBT that you transferred to me.

Is this correct?

Yes this is correct :) If you are looking to sell IGB for TBT, you can always start a thread in the Re-Tail forums to find people who want to buy IGB!

And I am glad your trade from earlier worked out well. I think most of the people on here are reliable and aren't out to scam you, but the feedback/rating system helps.

Back