Help... Connection Issues...

pelagius_septim

Landscaping Chicken
Bells
Yellow Candy
Cake
So I am sure there are about a million of these, all about the same error, the problem? Error code 018-0511... My friend and I both got the game at the same time(ACNL) and we tried connecting as soon as we got it, but we got the error, so I just brushed it off and said "Ah, no biggy, lets try again in a week or so, for now, just work on your town" So we worked on our towns, a week later, still have it, well we didnt have time to fix it until 2 months ago, and we went through all of the steps for the DMZ, and it didnt work. We called them back up last week, and did everything else possible, even turning off our firewalls... So whats the deal? Is there something else I can do?
We port forwarded the 3DS system, we set it outside of the DMZ, we did firewall things, is there a fix? We did everything else they said we have to do, and nothing worked... In a min we are going to turn on our firewalls, and move closer to our routers and see if a miracle will happen... Hahaha, it only happens with this ONE friend though, I can connect with anyone else in the whole entire freaking world? Thanks in advanced for the help!

I wish I could help, but it sounds like you've tried basically anything I could think of already.

It's really only that specific friend you can't connect to, huh?

I assume you might have already done this, but just try googling your problem. Sometimes people who have had similar problems will post about it, as well as the solutions or an answer that may be a solution.

is this a friend you could try a wireless connection with? or do they live too far away? I would try that first and see if you can at least connect wirelessly while in the same room. because you stated you can connect with anyone else except the one friend, my guess is it may be their internet? are they able to connect with others? did you try connecting your dses with other games you two might share (pokemon for example?) I would give these things a try and see what comes of it!

Have you both tried updating the game? Even though there might not be an update or anything, I've done that before and it helped me connect with a friend, or if you guys try connecting on Mondays sometimes it doesn't work since nintendo does maintenance checks then. Another solution could just be to powercycle and reset routers and stuff. There's not any other options I can come up with that you guys haven't already done.

Last edited:
We can connect at school, and we updated last night... We have tried what we feel is everything, she is now spam connecting to see if it will work, lol. And I dont know if she can connect with everyone else, it works with other friends at our school though(Internet connection)

Last edited:
Yeah, spam connecting isn't working, I've tried like 10 times, same error
Over and over
Both of us can connect with a different friend with the "faraway" town.

Have you guys ever tried resetting your router or turning off the wifi switch on the ds? I've actually gotten that error a couple of times these past weeks and that seemed to do the trick.

Back