• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Healthcare

Do you pay your own insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • No but I have health insurance because of family/government

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • No, and I don't have health insurance.

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
I?m on Medicare/Medicaid but believe in health care being universal. It?s a human right that?s not only for the rich

So I have a question. If healthcare is considered a “right”, does that also mean that nobody should be required to pay for it? Sure that we can make the government pay for healthcare, but doctors shouldn’t be capped out to where they only get paid to operate on a certain number of patients. This is what leads to long waiting lines for healthcare, which is unethical. That’s the problem with universal healthcare. And some medical procedures are forbidden by law, even if they’re vital. That’s why I said two years ago that government management of healthcare is bad.

I personally believe that nobody should wait for healthcare, not for surgeries at least.

I get both health and dental insurance through my work, but I'm still very seldom in using it to avoid any issues that follow. It's over-inflation, and it's a practice I feel is more associated with con mans rather than doctors. In the event you simply use a room they still charge you thousands. A room that may, or should be only around 400 or so. Your insurance seeing it's not "life-threatening" will either not pay, or pay very little to at least fulfill the 400. The rest is unnecessary, and why it's conning more than assisting. Once it's settled, and you can't pay it they can do whatever they want for as long as it takes. Some even taking life times. I've really grown to resent it. They look for paper work, not patients. Just note the next time you enter a hospital. See what they ask first.

Mildly disappointed Warren (my top pick for Democrats right now) is going with Medicare for all instead of single payer system. Kinda hoping she changes that later.

I live in Canada so luckily I have free health care. I'm really glad, as I've recently been having some health issues and if I lived in a country that didn't have free health care, I would have to take care of myself entirely without a doctor or proper medications, as I make nowhere near enough money to pay for health care.

I will say that I wish our health care covered dental, not only could I really use braces at this time but I've heard people tell stories of having tooth problems but not being able to get them checked out due to not having free dental care, and had to wait until they got severe enough infections or injuries from their tooth problems that they could be considered regular medical care.

Back