• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you gotten your nails done at a salon?

oak

Avatar by silh & Signature by taj
Bells
Island
Usagi
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Lily
Red Lily
I've had a pedicure before but not a manicure. They look like fun but there's too much upkeep involved.

Never had a professional manicure. Honestly my nails are a mess right now. I really should make an effort and get some polish as it would be nice to have nails that I’m not embarrassed about 💅

• Celebrate
Reactions: oak
Yep, I have! ...in the distant past. I usually just cut my own nails these days though. I'm pretty good at it too.

Yeah I used to get my nails done pretty regularly, but it hurts getting them done, and it especially hurts when I jab my hand into something and rip my nail off, so I don't get it done much anymore.

yesssss it's my fave form of self care hehe

here is a list of my faves 🥺

1F0A7B4B-C28B-4C49-BC6B-392981748A61.jpg

7746A733-EF03-42D5-A085-4252420C1FC7.jpg

EA3D401D-EF9C-40E2-96D9-EB71838DC8C1.jpg

CE147975-4C94-4651-A46B-29E4F9081E67.jpg

8A64D645-9E9C-49FD-8E6B-E026180B4C80.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

6B5C9690-3D6D-4883-8579-133B910E8132.jpg

i never have, but i wish i did! i think i will at some point soon. the only thing putting me off really is the fact that i've never done it, which i know seems silly but i just don't know what to expect. once i've done it once i'll be fine! i want to try and go with a friend soon so then i can take it from there

I have a handful of times and had mostly positive experiences when it came to applying stuff to my nails. Now... taking that stuff off again is another story. I hate how my nails feel after taking off UV varnish or acrylic stuff, they feel paper thin and I have to grow them out completely before they're back to normal. I've started doing my own manicure at home but honestly don't have a lot of time to keep up with my nails. Somehow they grow extremely fast.

once, for my 8th grade graduation party, but it was a real crummy experience.. the salon lady yelled at me and she didn't follow the inspo i gave her. not to mention, she messed up my cuticles... i'll stick to my sticker press ons for now 😮‍💨

yesssss it's my fave form of self care hehe

here is a list of my faves 🥺

1F0A7B4B-C28B-4C49-BC6B-392981748A61.jpg

7746A733-EF03-42D5-A085-4252420C1FC7.jpg

EA3D401D-EF9C-40E2-96D9-EB71838DC8C1.jpg

CE147975-4C94-4651-A46B-29E4F9081E67.jpg

8A64D645-9E9C-49FD-8E6B-E026180B4C80.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

6B5C9690-3D6D-4883-8579-133B910E8132.jpg

mogyay!! I love your No-Face/Spirited Away nail set, so cute!

As for me, I've only gotten my nails done one time lol (both manicure and pedicure in the same session).
Otherwise I just paint my nails myself when I feel like it, but I'm a bit boring so I go for black nail polish lol I don't go for designs or anything like that

i have gotten manicures and pedicures multiple times, usually for an event. my favorite kinds are probably a french manicure or a color with some kind of design on top. but because i’m such a klutz to get any sort of last i have to get a coat on them, which makes them a pain to take off… so i don’t very often.

a couple times yes but now I just do them myself at home, either with polygel builder or moyou London stickers that have the designs on already lol

have been consistently doing them every 3 weeks since October !

i have one ☝️ time and never again

only bc im poor and idk if I care about my nails that much to drop like $60 every few weeks

I have gotten my nails done once!! It was back in eighth grade a family friend took me and my sister out to get our nails done. I got gel nails that were clear with sparkly red tips for Christmas. They were really pretty for the first few days but it was a big adjustment learning how to do things!! (Oh the time of slide phones with the tiny keyboards...) I was also a really bad nail biter so I kind of chewed on them 😅

It would be nice to have my nails painted but I don't think I'd get fake nails. I work with toddlers and having long nails feels like a bad idea!

no, way too high maintenance for me and my nails break easily because i pick them anyway. i tried to do gel myself and it was disastrous. i have no idea how people who do their nails themselves don’t get it on their skin and make a mess. nail appointments are expensive anyway.

I haven’t! I’ve always taken care of and painted my nails myself, and the only nails I’ve had are my natural ones. They’ve been so long at times that they’ve been mistaken for acrylics, though! I had one of my old classmates ask me what kind of acrylics I was wearing once, and when I told her that they were my natural nails, you should’ve seen the awe on her face and the wonder in her voice!! It made me so happy and filled me with so much pride fr. ☺️

I’ve always wanted to get my nails done and get acrylics at least once, but there are always other things I’d rather spend my money on. I’m also happy with my natural nails and enjoy painting them myself, so I think I’ll just stick to admiring other peoples’ acrylics! Maybe I’ll get them for myself one day…

Yes, but unless you're going to someone you really know and that you can keep returning to, they're not gonna come out as good as you'd like. They either won't have what you want to meet the design, or they don't have the skill. And its so pricey.
I just do press-ons and love them. I order mine from Temu, and I can get them to last a good two weeks.

I have gotten my nails done many times. I like them for about 3.5 weeks and then I get sick to death of them and end up taking them off early. They're really bad for your nails and sooo expensive, so I usually talk myself out of it now when I get the feeling that I want to get my nails done. The last time I had them done was spring time of last year, and I got tired of the upkeep, so I'm just sticking to regular-degular nail polish now.

I have only had them done twice before as I found it awkward as I never knew what to ask for when I first started getting them done haha.

I bought the equipment and taught myself a few years ago and now I do them myself 🥰

I got a new set of nail art brushes in the mail the other day I am so keen to try them out.

I am thinking something like this:
1713689149210.png

Back