Have you ever been scammed or hacked in a game?

Not too long ago, I had someone over for a trade and then some random person showed up and took my gold roses '-' I didn't want to abandon the guest (the person I was trading with), so he ended up taking one before she left. He took a couple more, but I found out and error before he could take more. But seriously T^T

- - - Post Merge - - -

This was on Animal Crossing: New Leaf if you couldn't tell btw XD

I've never had my file/copy of a game hacked (although I did have a friend that Gamesharked my copy of Pokemon White due to a mixup but all that did was complete the Pokedex and give me 999 of each item so there wasn't really any harm done), but I absolutely have played against hackers. Most notably in Mariokart Wii back when the servers were still up, I think anyone who played the game online back then can agree to that.

Yeah once on Neopets some hacked my account and stole someone's expensive item, lol. Kinda sad I lost that account since it was pretty old (and it's like over 10-11 years ago I got hacked so) but yeah.

Scammed? Yeah probably when I was young and dumb lol.

Well back in Wild World a lot of people got hacked, I was one of them, but I also could hack to prevent my game from getting corrupted from people like that...

This game, I was asked to hold two high tier villagers, but for some weird reason, they never plotted; so I sent the player 100 btb, they asked for it be turned into igb instead.
I could only do 40 btb worth, so after I gave the the igb, they were supposed to send me the 40 btb, but they never did.
So I'm out 100btb and 8 mil bells. :/

Multiple times over many games over the years. Not always in game, but still perturbed due to those that have hacked. Most recently on Club Tortimer I was catching a few bugs. Someone arrived, I decided to play possum until he did something. Once he saw me, he pulled some trees out of his pocket and attempted to trap me, but he messed up the placement of one, then left. Next time I'll pick up a rental axe.

I could go on about other examples.

Scammed once, hacked once. Both on RuneScape waaay back when I was younger. Accidentally feel for the swap the noted item that looked like your expensive item scam. Then I was hacked once on my PKing account, which was banned because they were being extremely racist on my account. Pretty sure I know who hacked the account, too. But that's in the past.

i remember getting scammed a long time ago when i used to play animal jam. jeez, i was super upset

Last edited:
i found out last year that some dude had been playing on my league of legends account for a solid year or two. he had unlocked a ton of champions and grinded me a ton of ip. thanks, bud!

One time in acnl when I went to club tortimer, a hacker trapped me with rafflesia and I could not move so I had to press the power button since i have a new 3ds to get out of there.

Last edited:
Back in the day I got seeded in WW about 2 or three times.

Early online with the DS was mad, I just wanted to add anyone and everyone and it bit me in the butt xD

i found out last year that some dude had been playing on my league of legends account for a solid year or two. he had unlocked a ton of champions and grinded me a ton of ip. thanks, bud!

oml really, that's just luck..!

now i kinda miss LoL but yeah idk if I still have the email that I used on there lol

Used to trade for event Pokemon on online forums. There was a time that I traded 3 different Pokemon for 1 Shiny Jirachi. I had the Jirachi checked and did not like the outcome. I asked for a tradeback the person keeps having reasons as to not able to, then after some time had passed, he said I can’t anymore because he had a rule on his thread that no tradebacks after 3 weeks passed. As if it’s my fault you could not make it all those times. Good thing the stuff I traded are cloned though, so didn’t lose anything exactly. This is the exact reason I trade cloned Pokemon, just in case things like this happen.

Used to trade for event Pokemon on online forums. There was a time that I traded 3 different Pokemon for 1 Shiny Jirachi. I had the Jirachi checked and did not like the outcome. I asked for a tradeback the person keeps having reasons as to not able to, then after some time had passed, he said I can’t anymore because he had a rule on his thread that no tradebacks after 3 weeks passed. As if it’s my fault you could not make it all those times. Good thing the stuff I traded are cloned though, so didn’t lose anything exactly. This is the exact reason I trade cloned Pokemon, just in case things like this happen.
I'd feel cheated if I got a cloned mon.

on webkinz. they got on and sold like all of my items, and i had a bunch of rare stuff :(

I got my gaia online account hacked, and after having spent some IRL money on it a million years ago, as well as having been around on the site for so long I had gotten a lot of really rare stuff. Well my pass that I had since middle school got me hacked, but thankfully I was able to recover my account, they had changed the email on it and had sold off a few things, but luckily hadn't transferred the coins to whatever account was actually theirs so really no loss on my end. Just irked me when I came back on after so long that I had no access, it's funny cause I just randomly wanted to go on, and oh look it was hacked. Now I have a much stronger password and new email on it, but it's not like I play on it anyways. Just silly. I don't get why people do that stuff. :/

Back