• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Guilty Pleasure Games

Sumikkogurashi: Our puzzling friends. Really crappy app game (even more so cause it had this facebook login thing where you can send energy but not getting an account there for it lol). classic match-4 gacha **** but it's cute and lowkey addicting, though later on it can get roadblock-y.

Every game is a guilty pleasure as I get closer and closer to my 30s. Especially if I have already played it multiple times and I am just nostalgia diving rather than enriching my brain with something new.

Basically most of the Digimon games, but a special shoutout to the 'World' games and Cyber Sleuth specifically as they're most accessible to me these days (even bigger shoutout to OG Digimon World. I love that janky piece of crap!).

I love Digimon which is why I still enjoy these games but...I would be kidding myself to say they're well made or even good games. They're janky as hell, cheap feeling as though they were released 15 years too late with budget animation and visual design, do very little to innovate on even their own formula, terribly balanced, rely far too much on tedious grinds than actually challenging the player with...I dunno...Actual challenges. They absolutely incomprehensible at times and they're 100% games I would throw in the road if they didn't have Digimon in them...But they do have Digimon in them, which is why I keep going back to Digimon World New Order even though it's a terrible game because nowhere else can I make Digimon do poopsies in the middle of a public area and later have that Digimon come back as Numamon and eat the poo.

And odds are, Digimon Survive will probably also be total trash and I'll play it to completion.

It helps that the World games especially give that feeling of looking after and helping your little monster buddy grow, a feeling I've always wanted from Pokemon but it has never really given me. Pokemon are just snazzy looking stat blocks, Digimon are friends.

Also, Lollipop Chainsaw. Peppy chainsaw cheerleader slicing up zombies to melodic death metal and occasionally the song "hey, Ricky" plays.

Last edited:
I loved Mario Kart DS! Mario Kart 7 wasn’t too bad either. I did like how on the DS version, you could draw your own logo and it would appear on your kart. That was a nice feature. I understand why the feature was removed in newer games, though. People could draw inappropriate things, and if I’m not mistaken, the logo did appear during online races.

I had a Croconaw as my logo. 🥺
I loved Mario Kart DS too! One of my fav DS games! I have lots of fond memories with that game. Me, my siblings and cousins all played through DS download play where we were all Shy Guys and it was a blast!

I loved Mario Kart DS too! One of my fav DS games! I have lots of fond memories with that game. Me, my siblings and cousins all played through DS download play where we were all Shy Guys and it was a blast!
That was one of my favorite Mario Kart games! I used to be really into the series. I had good memories playing the DS version, going over to my mom’s house to play online. 😁

When my brothers were small we use to play wizard 101 together it was a good game tho you had to pay every month to play the full game

another one of my favorites from gameboy days is pokemon pinball ruby and sapphire. i highly recommend it to those who like pokemon and/or pinball haha. wish i still had it now since my partner found two gameboy sps in his moms garage (no charger though so no idea if they still work)
1631839236642.jpeg

I forgot to mention the Senran Kagura games. They’re hack and slash games about ninja girls. The anime fan service is really pandering, but the gameplay is oddly addicting. The music sounds great too.

Monster Prom and Monster Camp are my guilty pleasure games. I never thought I'd ever venture into dating sims and am still quite resistant to try others. To top it off, these games have some raunchy humor, which usually would be off-putting for me. But the characters are all super colorful and fun, and I like collecting the cute polaroids at the end! Why am I such a sucker for cute art? They're really fun to play with friends too. Honestly, I would have never gotten into it if my brother didn't drop me into the game blindly like he did. I'm still trying to avoid dating sims though. ... although Doki Doki Literature Club is starting to look appealing. >>;

Bitlife! Yes, I know it's a mobile game, but I really do like it a lot and find it to be a lot of fun. My only issue is that I wish it was more challenging because if you know what you're doing, the game becomes very easy

Bitlife! Yes, I know it's a mobile game, but I really do like it a lot and find it to be a lot of fun. My only issue is that I wish it was more challenging because if you know what you're doing, the game becomes very easy

I love that game. I remember when I first started playing it, it was in my college art class and like the whole class started playing it on their phones during class after one person brought it up and saying the different options and whatnot out loud, the professor was very confused lol

Star Wars: The Old Republic. Such a mediocre mmo with a dying player base, but I couldn't help but like its dialogue-wheel and its false sense of player-choice that gives you the illusion that you're shaping your character's journey/story. It's like Mass Effect Lite. lol

Azur Lane and Fate Grand Order. The waifu collectors. I have whaled in FGO (and actually got decent pulls like Avenger Nobu and another SSR) but not Azur Lane because of it being a bit more generous than FGO

I think the Sims 3 was my guilty pleasure game; haven’t played it for years since my computer can no longer handle it or any game :/. I wasted so many hours playing this game. I loved all the different traits you could inherit, the hobbies, and building even though I sucked at building. Definitely will play it again one day when I get an actual gaming computer.

I think the Sims 3 was my guilty pleasure game; haven’t played it for years since my computer can no longer handle it or any game :/. I wasted so many hours playing this game. I loved all the different traits you could inherit, the hobbies, and building even though I sucked at building. Definitely will play it again one day when I get an actual gaming computer.
Oml, the Sims 3. I played that too, just not as much as Sims 2 and its janky 2000s glory. I remember getting so excited about the Katy Perry stuff packs they released 😂

Tomodachi Life! When it first released in 2014, everyone raved about how wacky and hilarious it is. A month later, everyone's seen everything. Six months later, hardly anyone plays the game anymore.

I played it every day for over a year and even kept a blog for my game. (I'm glad I did because, when I feel nostalgic, I can go back and look at all my screenshots and silly ramblings about how much I love the game. It's truly embarrassing to read. 😅 ) My cast of characters were mostly my favourite anime characters. Over the years, I would blow the dust off my 3DS XL every now and then, and check in on my miis.

Two years ago, after I'd played and finished Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I populated my island in TomoLife with my favourite FE3H characters. Fun was had! 😁
I love Tomodachi life too, when I was a kid I wanted it so bad but I didn't have a 3ds. Half a year ago I found out my sibling had a 3ds they don't use anymore with Tomodachi life on it. I had no idea and I got so excited, so I've finally gotten to play my childhood dream game.
Another guilty pleasure game of mine is ddlc, only because of the game grumps playthrough. It always makes me laugh and I watch it whenever I'm feeling sad, so I guess it has some sentimental value.
A game that should be a guilty pleasure but is simply a pleasure: melone in the dark. I adore this game. It's a really small and funny horror game that everyone should check out, you can get it for free on itch.io

I don't really consider them guilty pleasure games personally, but Mario is Missing SNES, Mario's Early Years Fun With Numbers SNES, Hey You Pikachu, and Pokemon Channel are comfort games for me and I adore them
I specify SNES because the PC versions are weird and creepy and not comforting

Back