• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Guilty Pleasure Games

Pokemon Go delights and infuriates me in equal measure, and I’m deeply glad it’s not being incorporated more into the main games (as it stands, I have the kind of fine motor control issues that make Excellent throws and curveballs and X in a row throw challenges the stuff of frustration,) but at the same time? Yes, I do enjoy feeding a Pikachu in a seasonal hat some berries and taking a picture of it. Plus, I’ve had tremendously poor shiny luck in my years in the main games, and PoGo gives many, many shinies indeed. (Got a shiny Dizzy Punch Smoochum… in Crystal, which could therefore never be transferred, and I didn’t realize she WAS shiny for years because I was eight and the shiny looked a lot like Anime Smoochum’s pink. Found a shiny Wooper in Platinum… in the Safari Zone, where it fled after I threw it food. My first non-guaranteed shiny that I actually caught was in either Moon or Ultra. Granted, I don’t do active shiny hunting that often, but that Wooper HAUNTS me.)

I will also freely admit that my first Harvest Moon titles were the disastrously glitched DS and only slightly-less-glitchy DS Cute, but I still have a soft spot for them over other, less broken installments like Friends of Mineral Town. (The 3DS Story of Seasons games are still my all-time favorite farm sims, though, and those I will stand by as unironically GOOD, quirks and all. I hope the franchise takes more after them after the… odd choices Pioneers of Olive Town made.)

But a lot of games I like, I just refuse to feel guilt for. Yes, I DO sincerely want a Style Savvy rep in the next Smash game. It is an excellent and varied boutique simulator/dress up game and I await its next installment eagerly. (… But okay, wanting Alina in Smash is as much because I’d find it hilarious and be able to point to the fact that it IS a first-party Nintendo title so she’s got as much right to be here as Lucario as it is wanting more remixes of the Style Star songs like the excellent one for Ring-Dong-Dang in Ultimate.) I will actually stand by Endless Ocean: Blue World as one of my favorite games ever, even if its marine biology sometimes goes into ‘wait, what’ territory. I am deeply invested in the lore of Kingdom Hearts and its characters, even if I want to fight Nomura over Kairi’s story arc. It’s not a guilty pleasure if I don’t feel guilt for it.

While the popularity has been down for years now, with an extremely toxic player base, little to no new content, balancing issues, and with some unfortunate situations that have also befallen such a once highly viewed game of the year over the past several months, I still, regardless, find Overwatch to have a special place in my heat to this day.

the legend of zelda triforce heroes
its definitely unpopular for a zelda game, probably because of how focused around multiplayer it is, i recently got it and i havent found many people to play with but when i did it was alot of fun and i wish i could find more people to play it with

Mine is definitely the Sims 4. I love creating families, making weird looking people, and making them do crazy things. Some families I take seriously and some I don’t. But I find that I always go back to playing it.
I’m a teacher and it’s funny to see my student reactions when I tell them about all the games I play, lol.

Bully! Game has aged horribly and has such a bad name bc of it's name :( but it's also one of if it my favorite game of all time an extra is My Sims! Really loved the game as a kid but...my lord it aged bad but I got it on PC bc plan to beat it!

Back