• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

get to know the towns!

sigh

gulliver stan.
Bells
Vesta
Tortimer
Lucky
Ruby
Coco
Isabelle
Leif
Mint
Lobo
Pavé
i've never been good at introductions, but i figured i should try to at least explain the inspiration behind my town themes, villagers, and residents.

as seen in my signature, i currently have two different towns; Kaysoa and Nemui. Nemui came first - originally Kanto came first, but i erased that town to create Kaysoa instead ( and ofc i had to reference pokemon in it regardless lolol ). i'll try to keep this as short as i possibly can, but honestly i love writing, i'm usually very detailed and i apologize in advance for how long i know it's gonna be.​

Town 1: Nemui ( 眠い - means "sleepy" in japanese )
Native fruit: apple
Mayor: Ghost
Other residents: Glitch, Milk, Honey
Villagers: Marshal, Muffy, Diana, Fang, Daisy, Bunnie, Bonbon, Genji, Fauna, Zucker

Brief description: a pretty spring town, filled with a mix of blue, pink and white flowers, lined with blue hydrangea bushes, pink hydrangea bushes, and white azalea bushes. bunch of trees, eventually some bamboo here and there. paved with nice looking beige bricks that suit the season. nowhere near finished.

Town name inspiration: so irl i'm usually tired and sleep a lot, and i'm also fan of the dream suite, and thought hey, why not name a town "Sleepy"? but then again, it sounded too boring and unoriginal to me, and as far as i was concerned there could be 100 other towns named Sleepy. i asked friends for help on the decision, and one of them suggested Nemui!

Town theme/appearance inspiration: i specifically had the cherry blossoms and falling petals that appear in game during april 1st through april 10th in mind when starting this town. i've visited dream towns with them and seen videos and pictures with them as well, always looks lovely. whether it's overdone or not doesn't matter to me.

Mayor inspiration: his name is Ghost because i couldn't think of anything i liked better tbh and ghosts interest me. it suits him i guess. as far as his appearance goes, he's pale, has dyed white hair and black eyes - nothing special but it works.

Residents inspiration: Glitch, my other male character, was originally supposed to be kind of an opposite to Ghost which didn't work out. i wasn't exactly sure what to name him, and decided to take the letter G from my mayor and use some other random word. then there's Milk and Honey, my two female characters of Nemui, who were also given random names - but they fit together well, and in the game they kind of look like sisters. similar but different?

Villagers theme/inspiration: there's no particular theme when it comes to the villagers i wanted to settle into this town, they're just a handful of favorites and i adore them all. originally instead of Bunnie, i was supposed to have Bonbon who i was unable to find in time, but Bunnie ended up growing on me so i decided to keep her too and eventually moved Bonbon in anyway. and instead of Daisy, i was supposed to have another villager, like Lucky, but the moment i saw Daisy for the first time i was like ohh my god i need her in my town lmao - she's too cute.

Town 2: Kaysoa ( has no meaning )
Native fruit: apple .... smh i wanted cherries for this one.
Mayor: Lele
Other residents: Kana, Lono, Kū
Villagers: Marshal, June, Tybalt, Piper, Octavian, Olivia, Kabuki, Coco, Jeremiah, Shari

Brief description: a tropical/zen-mixed town with various types of orange, pink, red, yellow, white ( and possibly black ) flowers, bamboo trees, red hibiscus bushes, yellow hibiscus bushes, sweet-olive bushes, and pink azalea bushes. the main path is wooden and decorated with red hibiscus flowers. like Nemui, it's still a huge work in progress. and severely lacking in bushes.

Town name inspiration: i was originally unable to decide between a couple of different names for this town, one of them being Shizukesa ( 静けさ ) which supposedly means "serenity", "tranquility" or something of the like in japanese. that name was too long, so i took the "kay" sound from ke, and pulled the "soa" out of thin air. a friend helped me officially pick Kaysoa out of all the names i was considering. :) unfortunately it doesn't have a meaning, none that i'm aware of anyway.

Town theme/appearance inspiration: June. June, the villager, was a huge part of the inspiration for this town, so of course she gets a permanent plot in it. i didn't know that she existed until i unlocked her on ac:pc - i instantly loved her and grinded until i was able to invite her to my campsite. her overall appearance is so adorable, like... even her shirt is cute. and don't get me started on that hibiscus hair clip!!! i love it!!!! one of the reasons i specifically picked the main path i'm using now is to go with her hair clip lol but other than June, i also liked the idea of a tropical town, and i've always wanted to do a zen themed town after seeing some cool pictures online so i figured i'd try to combine the two. somehow. though at this point it's leaning more toward tropical than zen unfortunately.

Mayor inspiration: if you play pokemon sun/moon or ultra sun/moon, then you've probably heard of Tapu Lele, which is who my mayor, Lele, is based off of. the reasoning behind this is Tapu Lele, like the other Tapu guardian pokemon, is associated with one of the four hawaiian gods, Tapu Lele's being Kāne, known as the creator/giver of life. i felt that fit the mayor of the town, but decided to pick the name Lele over Kāne as i already had two others with 'K' names, as well as the town's. would've been way too many Ks and sounded weird imo. she has dyed pink hair and blue eyes - because Tapu Lele also has pink hair and blue eyes.

Residents inspiration: after reading the paragraph about my mayor i'm sure you already know where i'm going with this. but, Kana, the second female character is based off of Tapu Fini, who's associated with Kanaloa, the hawaiian god of the ocean ( and evil/underworld i think ? but ignoring that part ). i shortened her name to Kana because "Kanaloa from Kaysoa" would've been to rhyme-y if that makes sense? she currently has dyed blue hair but i may eventually change it to purple as Fini's color is purple, and the island that it's found on in the game means purple - she'll have blue eyes like the others once i unlock color contacts on her. Lono, one of my male characters, is based off of Tapu Bulu who's associated with Lono, the hawaiian god of agriculture and rain. his hair is red because the island that Tapu Bulu is found on means red, and like the others, his eyes are blue because Tapu Bulu's eyes are blue. and last but not least, my second male character, Kū, is based off of -- you guessed it -- Tapu Koko, who's associated with Kū, the hawaiian god of war. his hair color is blonde because the island that Tapu Koko is found on means yellow, and his eyes are blue for the same reason as above.

Villagers theme/inspiration: unlike Nemui, i had a theme in mind when picking the villagers for this town. some of them i feel fit the tropical half while others the zen -- except Marshal, he doesn't fit either, but he's my Top Favorite and gets to break the rules. ;) he was actually a random move in for Kanto and at first i thought nothing of him until having him around for awhile, now i can't have a town without him in it. i was supposed to have Zucker instead of Jeremiah, but while resetting maps for OVER THREE DAYS, Jeremiah was one of the starter villagers in a map i didn't like and i was so shocked because he was my favorite villager in WW, brought the memories back. had to have him instead!!

anyway, that's about it for now. i'll probably be posting more about Kaysoa because honestly i've been neglecting Nemui a whole lot lately. :/ i'm super excited about this though!!! i can't wait to post more about my towns.​

This was awesome to read, both towns sound cool. And I love the the fact you've incorporated the pokemon Tapus! Im a big fan of pokemon ;w;

Khaelis;bt15340 said:
Was a nice read! Good luck with this in the future.

IzzyShika;bt15341 said:
This was awesome to read, both towns sound cool. And I love the the fact you've incorporated the pokemon Tapus! Im a big fan of pokemon ;w;

thank you both <3

Back