• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Genshin Impact

This looks fun, I'll answer.

- What is your favorite Archon Quest?

Hard to say right now, but probably either the Sumeru or Fontaine Archon quests. Fontaine especially has been really good so far as far as the Archon quests go.

- Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Design - Definitely Yelan still.

Gameplay - Alhaitham, he's just really fun with his mirrors and hits like a truck.

Story/personality - Yoimiya! I really love her personality a ton. Can't say too much without spoiling the Archon quests, but her role in Inazuma is what made me love her.

- Who are your least favorite characters?
Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Design - This is a tough one, but probably Diluc? At least his original design. Not a fan of the hair at all. His costume with the ponytail looks much better.

Gameplay - Also tough, but probably Ayaka. I just don't find her playstyle fun, even though she is easy to build.

Story/personality - Albedo for sure, I find his personality super dry and boring. To the point where I'm glad he has had a limited role in the game so far.

- What is your wishlist? (units & weapons)

Honestly nothing at the moment aside from Navia and her weapon. Thankfully I've got a lot of Acquaint Fates saved up for her!

-What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.

My favorite things about the game are collecting units, the story, and gameplay. If I had to rank them, 1) Collecting units, 2) Gameplay, 3) Story. I just really get a spark of adrenaline every time I successfully obtain a new character.

- What is your least favorite thing about the game?

Lack of quality of life improvements compared to Honkai: Star Rail. Not going to delve into it too much, but there's a lot they could improve but just... don't. Other than that I love most everything about the game.

- What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?

The #1 thing I would add is better rewards for Adventure Ranks 55-60... those last five Adventure Ranks take months and months to get through, and when you finally do level up the rewards are... abysmal (no pun intended). If something like this were to be updated though, I feel as though Hoyoverse would have to compensate everyone who already reached Adventure Rank 60, and they're not likely to do that.

- If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?

There's a lot of interesting weapon types that could be added. One in particular I feel would be funny is a baseball bat, considering that's what the trailblazer uses in Honkai: Star Rail. But not seriously though.

- Any features or units you’d like to see improved?

Too many features I'd like to see improved to list. As for units, Qiqi and Keqing REALLY need an upgrade. They're bare bones not that good as 5 stars, and are outclassed as a healer and DPS easily by lots of other five stars in the game. I doubt Hoyoverse would ever buff them, but it would be nice if they did.

- What are some mistakes that should be avoided?

NEW PLAYERS, THIS IS FOR YOU: Do NOT use your fragile resins when you're just making your way through the lower Adventure Ranks. WAIT until you can start farming domains for 5 star artifacts around AR 45-60, because if you save up a ton of them you'll be able to farm for a LOT longer and get a LOT more 5 star artifacts more quickly. I made the mistake when I started of burning through my fragile resins quickly, which caused me to take longer at higher Adventure Ranks when I started farming for 5 star artifacts finally.

- Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂

The thing I'm most excited for right now is the addition of Natlan to the game, the Pyro nation. Even though it probably won't be until next year or the year after, I'm really excited for it as Pyro is my favorite Vision in the game. And it's already been confirmed that Natlan and Schneznaya, the Cryo nation, have their layouts finished. So that gives me hope that it won't be too long before Natlan releases after Fontaine. 💚
Thanks so much for your response :D. Very helpful and I enjoyed reading it! 🙂

Even though I said Diluc’s design looked good aside from the 3d model, something about the hair bothered me now that you mention it. 🤔 he looks pretty good with long hair!

Good luck on your pulls for Navia! I hope you get her 🙂

i've been playing since release day! anyone who knows me knows i am in extreme credit card debt a genshin fan :] i had fun thinking abt these questions

----------------------------------------------------------

What is your favorite Archon Quest?
It's currently the entirety of Fontaine! I am a chronic skipper of stories, but Fontaine was very engaging for me. I really liked all the characters and I am such a sucker for big plot twists.

Who are your favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
- Design: Neuvillette, I love everything about this man actually. His clothes, his eyes, his hair, HIS THIGH HIGH BOOTS, I adore all of it.
- Gameplay: My current favorite is Wanderer! I have him at C2 with his signature weapon and artifact set, so his attack speed is insane. His air dashes add to his DPS making his kit so speedy. I'm really into that kind of rush! A close second is Wriothesley, I got him C1 and I just really like punching things.
- Story/personality: This one for sure goes to Albedo! His story has always been so interesting to me and I pray for another day where he gets a focused event. I think the fact that he's made up of chalk is such a cool concept (his title translates to "chalk prince" if I remember correctly) and the fact that he has villain undertones but is genuinely such a sincere character makes me care so much for him. Doesn't hurt that he's also canonically an amazing artist! I could talk for hours on this guy but I will spare your time LOL

Who are your least favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
- Design: I think my least favorite design goes to Rosaria. In theory, she has a cool concept, but something about her in-game model is so off to me. Her eyes don't look like they belong in the game somehow. People also complained about how they "nerfed" her when she came out by reducing her chest size, and that all just left a really bad taste in my mouth.
- Gameplay: I have so many I can put here because I am not a fan of almost any character that relies on their burst to do damage/have bursts that require them to stay on the field. Off the top of my head, I am not a fan of Cyno, Xiao, or Itto's gameplay.
- Story/personality: If we are allowed to pick characters that are not able to be played, Dottore is easily my least favorite here. He's a pure villain and that's just not my cup of tea. I hope he becomes a boss fight in Natlan so I can beat him up weekly!

-What is your wishlist? (units & weapons)
- Units: My two top wants currently are Navia and the Raiden Shogun! This is pretty bad because their banners are coming up back-to-back and I am dead broke LOL (I would also like C1 Neuvillette one day please).
- Weapons: Lost Prayers, seriously where is it!! I don't even want it because it's good, but because it is the only standard banner weapon I do not have. I have beef with that weapon at this point I fear.

What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.
I have no shame, I am here to collect characters and run around looking at said characters. Exploration really shines for me here because I get to gallivant around with four characters I like while also earning currency to pull for more characters I like. And of course, the environment and scenery are gorgeous.

What is your least favorite thing about the game?
A lot! From the community, to the controversies, to the QOL, this game can be extremely frustrating at times. If I were to get into it I would be here forever.

What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?
A faster resin refresh rate for sure. They don't have to increase the resin cap, but making the resin come back faster seems like a quick workaround to me honestly.

If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?
I think this will never happen as it's far too complex, but the new upcoming weapon sort of looks like an axe (though it's classified as a claymore) so I think it's interesting that they're doing that. Personally, I wanna be able to wield a big fish! Oh, wait...

Any features or units you’d like to see improved?
The weapons banner needs a rework. I think they should split the weapons banner into two so you can stop getting duplicates of the weapon you do not want. As for units, they cannot really directly buff them, but they can release new artifact sets and characters that will let the less OP units shine. For example, it's nice to see Jean being buffed with Furina's release, as they have great synergy.

What are some mistakes that should be avoided?
It's been so long and I sound so old LOL but I don't really think anything is a mistake. Unless you're spending primogems on the standard banner or melting five-star weapons into three-star ones, you should be good! There is so much content now compared to release, it really is just best to take your time and not worry about rushing to the finish line.

Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂
I have had many periods of breaks from Genshin but I always come back LOL truly I am mentally ill. I do really like playing the game though (for the most part idk)! I am most looking forward to Navia's release of course, as well as finally doing Furina's story quest so @Cheremtasy does not jump me in my sleep :]
Thanks so much for replying! :D I really enjoyed reading your response. Neuvillette sounds amazing ☺️ and Wanderer sounds fun! 🙂

- Units: My two top wants currently are Navia and the Raiden Shogun! This is pretty bad because their banners are coming up back-to-back and I am dead broke LOL (I would also like C1 Neuvillette one day please).
- Weapons: Lost Prayers, seriously where is it!! I don't even want it because it's good, but because it is the only standard banner weapon I do not have. I have beef with that weapon at this point I fear.

Good luck on your pulls if you can get enough to do a few pulls by the time the banners come 🙂. I hope you get at least one of them! 🍀

What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.
I have no shame, I am here to collect characters and run around looking at said characters. Exploration really shines for me here because I get to gallivant around with four characters I like while also earning currency to pull for more characters I like. And of course, the environment and scenery are gorgeous

I can see myself doing the same eventually :); in fact I did do something similar to this in other games I played (non-gotcha games).

A lot! From the community, to the controversies, to the QOL, this game can be extremely frustrating at times. If I were to get into it I would be here forever.

A couple of years ago, I kept hearing how toxic the Genshin community was; I was hoping it was not true or things changed. I have been browsing the Hoyo App and while there are a lot of kind and fun posts & comments, I did see there were some terrible and extremely rude comments. 😳. Thanks for the reminder about the community 🙂. I was going to post on the app but I think I feel more comfortable posting here and on a discord server i belong to 🙂.

-What is your favorite Archon Quest?

That's a tricky question. Maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind but I really enjoyed Sumeru. Fontaine had some of my favourite parts so far, but some other parts let it down for me (like the prison) so it's not quite #1.

-Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

My main is Tighnari! I like his personality and gameplay, and even his design although I know a lot of people aren't a fan lol. I also have a soft spot for Beidou since she carried me through the early part of the game for a long time and I love basically everything about her. Off the top of my head, some others I like (for various reasons) are Albedo, Arlecchino, Columbina, Furina, Kazuha, Neuvillette, Tartaglia and Xiao. I like a lot of 4-stars as well.

-Who are your least favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Sorry in advance if anyone likes him, I can't stand Itto. Not a big fan of Dori or Diona either. It's mostly their personalities that I don't like but their designs and gameplay aren't appealing to me either.

Atm I'm most excited for Arlecchino and Columbina. I already have them guaranteed so it's just a case of waiting. I'm not that bothered about weapons, I just get the signature weapon for characters I like if I think it's worth it or use the next best thing.

-What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.

I like exploring and playing through the main quests the most! It's also pretty fun to build teams.

-What is your least favorite thing about the game?

Certain parts of the fandom, the lack of diversity in character designs (skin tone, body type etc.), the weird casual racism in some of the writing, HoYoverse.

-What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?

I don't have anything in mind. I'm sure there are some things they could add but I already feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do hahaha.

-If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?

I'm happy with the weapons we have already. A lot of weapon types I can think of are pretty functionally similar to other ones that we already have in-game so they probably wouldn't add much gameplay-wise.

-Any features or units you’d like to see improved?

They should probably add another character banner soon because it takes so long for reruns to come around now. The weapon banner needs to be a lot fairer as well. I avoid pulling on it because it's largely not worth it.

-What are some mistakes that should be avoided?

I would recommend planning how you spend your primogems carefully. I see a lot of people impulsively pull on a banner and then regret it. Even if you're F2P you can easily save up for units you like if you're smart about it, but if you're reckless then it's really easy to spend them all and there's a finite amount of ways to earn them back. This is just a suggestion though, do whatever makes you happy. I'm not sure there's anything you can do that would irreversibly ruin your game.

-Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂

My interest in this game comes and goes but I always come back to it for the story. I'm especially looking forward to learning more about Celestia, the Fatui and the Traveler's sibling. I'm also generally just curious how they're going to wrap up something of this scale.

With regard to the community, there's good and bad in every fandom. Given how popular Genshin is, even the loud minority is still pretty big and that gives the fandom a bad reputation. This is the case with pretty much any popular media though, and imo the best way to enjoy things like this is to find your own corner of the community that you enjoy and just ignore the rest. I mostly avoid the fandom entirely and play on my own hahaha

-What is your favorite Archon Quest?

That's a tricky question. Maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind but I really enjoyed Sumeru. Fontaine had some of my favourite parts so far, but some other parts let it down for me (like the prison) so it's not quite #1.

-Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

My main is Tighnari! I like his personality and gameplay, and even his design although I know a lot of people aren't a fan lol. I also have a soft spot for Beidou since she carried me through the early part of the game for a long time and I love basically everything about her. Off the top of my head, some others I like (for various reasons) are Albedo, Arlecchino, Columbina, Furina, Kazuha, Neuvillette, Tartaglia and Xiao. I like a lot of 4-stars as well.

-Who are your least favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Sorry in advance if anyone likes him, I can't stand Itto. Not a big fan of Dori or Diona either. It's mostly their personalities that I don't like but their designs and gameplay aren't appealing to me either.

Atm I'm most excited for Arlecchino and Columbina. I already have them guaranteed so it's just a case of waiting. I'm not that bothered about weapons, I just get the signature weapon for characters I like if I think it's worth it or use the next best thing.

I like exploring and playing through the main quests the most! It's also pretty fun to build teams.

-What is your least favorite thing about the game?

Certain parts of the fandom, the lack of diversity in character designs (skin tone, body type etc.), the weird casual racism in some of the writing, HoYoverse.

-What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?

I don't have anything in mind. I'm sure there are some things they could add but I already feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do hahaha.

-If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?

I'm happy with the weapons we have already. A lot of weapon types I can think of are pretty functionally similar to other ones that we already have in-game so they probably wouldn't add much gameplay-wise.

-Any features or units you’d like to see improved?

They should probably add another character banner soon because it takes so long for reruns to come around now. The weapon banner needs to be a lot fairer as well. I avoid pulling on it because it's largely not worth it.

-What are some mistakes that should be avoided?

I would recommend planning how you spend your primogems carefully. I see a lot of people impulsively pull on a banner and then regret it. Even if you're F2P you can easily save up for units you like if you're smart about it, but if you're reckless then it's really easy to spend them all and there's a finite amount of ways to earn them back. This is just a suggestion though, do whatever makes you happy. I'm not sure there's anything you can do that would irreversibly ruin your game.

-Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂

My interest in this game comes and goes but I always come back to it for the story. I'm especially looking forward to learning more about Celestia, the Fatui and the Traveler's sibling. I'm also generally just curious how they're going to wrap up something of this scale.

With regard to the community, there's good and bad in every fandom. Given how popular Genshin is, even the loud minority is still pretty big and that gives the fandom a bad reputation. This is the case with pretty much any popular media though, and imo the best way to enjoy things like this is to find your own corner of the community that you enjoy and just ignore the rest. I mostly avoid the fandom entirely and play on my own hahaha
Thanks so much for replying! :D Very helpful & interesting to read.

Inazuma, I think. I really loved Raiden's side of things, a BUNCH. I relate to her and her
fear of change and trapping herself in her 'eternity'. She may have hurt a lot of her people with her choices, but honestly? Valid. She may not be Archon material, but she's definitely a very well-written character and I love her an incredibly large amount. Like.. I too, would trap myself inside a bubble for several years because I am scared of change. Living in a place where everything is kept the same.. Just as I like it.

Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
Design: In my personal opinion.. I really love Shenhe's design. T^T Her eyes are sooo gorgeous and everything about her is so flawless! ;w; OH! Kokomi too! :3

Gameplay: This is a tough one T^T I really enjoy Yelan's. And Ayaka's. And I also love accidentally ult'ing as Zhongli. KABOOM! BIG GEO ELEMENTAL ROCK COMIN' IN HOT!!! Funny thing is, I don't even really use Ayaka. Wriothesley's play-style is also enjoyable! :3 Oh! Honorable mention to Itto! He's so :3 :3 :3 I love him!

Story/Personality: Raiden Shogun, by a landslide, lol. Like I've mentioned previously, I relate to her on a very deep level. I haven't gotten that far into the Sumeru stuff yet, but I also like Alhaitham a lot, too. Wriothesley mention bc BOMBOOOCLATTTT!!! He's just so.. heart eyes. Kazuha too. His story is really sad, lol. I LOVE SO MANY CHARACTERS I'M SORRY!!

Who are your least favorite characters?
Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
Design: Gonna have to agree with Midoriya when I say Diluc. His original skin is so lackluster. There could be so much more :^/ We were robbed. I have his 5* skin equipped JUST because I hate the OG so so much, lol.

Gameplay: Albedo. Why are you so freaking hard to use. Why is your play-style so hard to understand?!?!?!?!

Story/Personality: I'll have to say probably... hmmm... this is kinda hard.. Yelan. LOL. I like her but I also really really dislike her for a silly personal reason..

What is your wishlist? (units & weapons)
RAIDEN SHOGUN C6 ENGULFING LIGHTNING R5!!!!!!! Probably not realistic.. but.. a girlie can dream, right?! I have Raiden C2 already, so C6'ing her shouldn't be too difficult. Especially if luck is on my side!!

What is your favorite thing(s) about the game?
I really like collecting characters. And adding tons of characters to properly build to my to-do list, lol. I love to artifact grind and whale.. T^T

My luck /j
I really don't like how they don't have a skip button for dialogue. Just an auto feature :/ I wanna skip, okay?! I don't like to read, man. It makes my brain hurt.

DIALOGUE SKIP FEATURE!!!

If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?
I think the weapons available and the types are perfect the way they are! I don't think I'd add a new type, probably because I can't think of anything, lol.

Hmm.. I can pray, I can dream.. but I'd love Primogems to be easier to obtain? I'm tired of grinding. Let a lazy girl like me get Primos without having to pay for them -w-

Please save your artifacts, lol. @michealsmells has scolded me a few times for getting rid of decent artifacts because they can be used as placeholders until you get something better. I still do this though (please don't beat me up Micheal.. T^T)

Any other thoughts you’d like to add?
I LOVE RAIDEN SHOGUN!!!!

Inazuma, I think. I really loved Raiden's side of things, a BUNCH. I relate to her and her
fear of change and trapping herself in her 'eternity'. She may have hurt a lot of her people with her choices, but honestly? Valid. She may not be Archon material, but she's definitely a very well-written character and I love her an incredibly large amount. Like.. I too, would trap myself inside a bubble for several years because I am scared of change. Living in a place where everything is kept the same.. Just as I like it.

Design: In my personal opinion.. I really love Shenhe's design. T^T Her eyes are sooo gorgeous and everything about her is so flawless! ;w; OH! Kokomi too! :3

Gameplay: This is a tough one T^T I really enjoy Yelan's. And Ayaka's. And I also love accidentally ult'ing as Zhongli. KABOOM! BIG GEO ELEMENTAL ROCK COMIN' IN HOT!!! Funny thing is, I don't even really use Ayaka. Wriothesley's play-style is also enjoyable! :3 Oh! Honorable mention to Itto! He's so :3 :3 :3 I love him!

Story/Personality: Raiden Shogun, by a landslide, lol. Like I've mentioned previously, I relate to her on a very deep level. I haven't gotten that far into the Sumeru stuff yet, but I also like Alhaitham a lot, too. Wriothesley mention bc BOMBOOOCLATTTT!!! He's just so.. heart eyes. Kazuha too. His story is really sad, lol. I LOVE SO MANY CHARACTERS I'M SORRY!!

Who are your least favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
Design: Gonna have to agree with Midoriya when I say Diluc. His original skin is so lackluster. There could be so much more :^/ We were robbed. I have his 5* skin equipped JUST because I hate the OG so so much, lol.

Gameplay: Albedo. Why are you so freaking hard to use. Why is your play-style so hard to understand?!?!?!?!

Story/Personality: I'll have to say probably... hmmm... this is kinda hard.. Yelan. LOL. I like her but I also really really dislike her for a silly personal reason..

RAIDEN SHOGUN C6 ENGULFING LIGHTNING R5!!!!!!! Probably not realistic.. but.. a girlie can dream, right?! I have Raiden C2 already, so C6'ing her shouldn't be too difficult. Especially if luck is on my side!!

What is your favorite thing(s) about the game?
I really like collecting characters. And adding tons of characters to properly build to my to-do list, lol. I love to artifact grind and whale.. T^T

My luck /j
I really don't like how they don't have a skip button for dialogue. Just an auto feature :/ I wanna skip, okay?! I don't like to read, man. It makes my brain hurt.

DIALOGUE SKIP FEATURE!!!

I think the weapons available and the types are perfect the way they are! I don't think I'd add a new type, probably because I can't think of anything, lol.

Hmm.. I can pray, I can dream.. but I'd love Primogems to be easier to obtain? I'm tired of grinding. Let a lazy girl like me get Primos without having to pay for them -w-

Please save your artifacts, lol. @michealsmells has scolded me a few times for getting rid of decent artifacts because they can be used as placeholders until you get something better. I still do this though (please don't beat me up Micheal.. T^T)

Any other thoughts you’d like to add?
I LOVE RAIDEN SHOGUN!!!!
Thanks so much for replying :D. This was really fun to read and very helpful 🙂. I’m really looking even more forward to meeting more of the characters and pulling them :D. Zhongli especially sounds great ☺️.

Definitely agree on the skip button! I think i’d like something to view the dialogue even if you skip it, like they have in one other game I play. I sometimes accidentally bump the screen and miss some dialogue too 😵‍💫.

Alter just put this 1/7th scale figure of Fischl up for pre-order, and I almost passed out over how incredibly gorgeous it looks.

1702492760551.png

Not sure if anyone here collects Genshin merch, but my oh my what a great addition this would be for Fischl fans.

I love the Genshin questionnaire!

At the moment, I would say the latest (Masquerade of the Guilty) Archon quest. It was definitely the most enjoyable to me. Without spoiling, I can understand why some people may find the pacing inconsistent, but it was worth it enough for me with how it played out.

A close second (and possibly tied) is Sumeru as well (around Akasaha Pulses). The lore drop overall within Sumeru was so heavy, which can go both ways, but regardless I loved it overall!

Design/Story - NEUVILLETTE! I think as a whole all around, his aesthetic and lore are just chef's kiss. Gameplay wise he's just ok to me though.
Gameplay - I enjoy using Kazuha the most; his CC is just, so good with majority of the enemies. If they buffed Venti's burst to CC heavier enemies, he would be up there as well. I also enjoy using Itto! Although he's not fully built on my account, the unga bunga is just fun to me in general, just a bit lazy to build his supports atm.

Design
- Personally, I am not the biggest fan of Nahida's design😭 Its mainly the chibi characters, and her aesthetic is pretty plain to me. I really am one of the macademia nuts apparently
Gameplay - Xiao hurts my head, the motion sickness that comes along with his gameplay for me is what does it. Yae Miko is a close second beause she feels so slow? or clunky to use. And having to here her say RIght Here! Right Now! gets pretty repetitive.
Story - Ayato. I love him so much but his story/lore is pretty non-existent, his story quest barely felt like a quest lol

Fontaine is a scary time cause there's a good amount of units I want. In order of priority; Clorinde, Arleccino, Cloud Retainer.
And I'm pretty sure they're being released in that reversed order sadly. Cloud Retainer would be my most wanted if she had overworld advantages like Wanderer (and I'd hope she would, given she's a crane), but leaks so far suggest she can't levitate like Wanderer can unfortunately.

My favourite thing by far is the exploration and open world! It's what keeps me coming back and playing everyday. The gacha did get the best of me sadly and will admit I also am here to collect characters I like, even if I don't use them lol. I also get excited for the Archon quests specifically, and sometimes character story quests.

Multiple things honestly😭 This game basically ruined dialogue for me with the amount of unnecesary text. After playing HSR, the lack of QoL in Genshin really shows; no resin increase, weapon banners being combined, etc. The community in general is also pretty bad, Genshin Twitter hurts to read sometimes.

Increased resin or faster regen! Increased condensed resin capped in inventory! Pity/% but I don't expect that to happen at all. Combined weapon banners would be a huge improvement as well.

Edit: I'm dumb and meant separate weapon banners

Definetely a long shot, but when Clorinde was first teased, I was hoping there would be some kind of firearm as a weapon. From the looks of that new Cheuv character, that won't happen but one can hope!

I wouldn't mind a dialogue skip button for world quests! Or ones without VA. Doesn't bother me to much without one, but I will admit that I find myself only paying attention to Archon and character story quests.

In terms of units being improved, as the anemo archon I would LOVE to see Venti be able to CC bigger/heavier enemies! I understand it would be broken like he was at release, but he's literally an anemo archon. I try to bring him in the later floors of abyss when I can and I feel so bad for him lol

Outside of anything primo gem/banner related (like spending on the standard banner), I would say that there really isn't a wrong way to play! Is there an optimal way? For sure, but just have fun! Don't stress with what others say is the wrong way to play (unless you asked), as long as you're enjoying the game then you're playing correctly.

Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now
I am mainly looking forward to the new characters (specifically Cloud Retainer for overworld, and Clorinde with that pistol of hers). I'm not gonna have any big expectations for story since I was pretty happy with the last one.

Last edited:

A new Geo character is coming out soon with the release of Genshin Impact 4.3. Check this video out if you haven't already.

-------------------------------

I will be wishing on this banner. I've been saving up for a LONG time now for Navia and her weapon, and I'm excited to form a team around her with Raiden, Ganyu, and Kokomi. Can't wait!

Anyway, good luck to those wishing on this banner and I hope you get the character(s) you want.

Update: My current Intertwined Fate count is at 190 wishes. I earned 90 of those from F2P + Welkin and then added 100 from whaling. This means that even if I lose 50/50 for Navia, I'll still get her. Hoping my good character RNG pulls me through though and I get her early so that I can get her weapon more easily too.

-------------------------------

Check out these links down below too:

Artifact Auto-Lock and Filter Function Update Preview
"A Traveler's Accompaniment" New Year Wishes Sharing Event
GENSHIN CONCERT 2023 Program Info Is Here!
"A proper sendoff! From the Spina, with love." — "Helm of the Radiant Rose" Navia

I love the Genshin questionnaire!

At the moment, I would say the latest (Masquerade of the Guilty) Archon quest. It was definitely the most enjoyable to me. Without spoiling, I can understand why some people may find the pacing inconsistent, but it was worth it enough for me with how it played out.

A close second (and possibly tied) is Sumeru as well (around Akasaha Pulses). The lore drop overall within Sumeru was so heavy, which can go both ways, but regardless I loved it overall!

Design/Story - NEUVILLETTE! I think as a whole all around, his aesthetic and lore are just chef's kiss. Gameplay wise he's just ok to me though.
Gameplay - I enjoy using Kazuha the most; his CC is just, so good with majority of the enemies. If they buffed Venti's burst to CC heavier enemies, he would be up there as well. I also enjoy using Itto! Although he's not fully built on my account, the unga bunga is just fun to me in general, just a bit lazy to build his supports atm.

Design
- Personally, I am not the biggest fan of Nahida's design😭 Its mainly the chibi characters, and her aesthetic is pretty plain to me. I really am one of the macademia nuts apparently
Gameplay - Xiao hurts my head, the motion sickness that comes along with his gameplay for me is what does it. Yae Miko is a close second beause she feels so slow? or clunky to use. And having to here her say RIght Here! Right Now! gets pretty repetitive.
Story - Ayato. I love him so much but his story/lore is pretty non-existent, his story quest barely felt like a quest lol

Fontaine is a scary time cause there's a good amount of units I want. In order of priority; Clorinde, Arleccino, Cloud Retainer.
And I'm pretty sure they're being released in that reversed order sadly. Cloud Retainer would be my most wanted if she had overworld advantages like Wanderer (and I'd hope she would, given she's a crane), but leaks so far suggest she can't levitate like Wanderer can unfortunately.

My favourite thing by far is the exploration and open world! It's what keeps me coming back and playing everyday. The gacha did get the best of me sadly and will admit I also am here to collect characters I like, even if I don't use them lol. I also get excited for the Archon quests specifically, and sometimes character story quests.

Multiple things honestly😭 This game basically ruined dialogue for me with the amount of unnecesary text. After playing HSR, the lack of QoL in Genshin really shows; no resin increase, weapon banners being combined, etc. The community in general is also pretty bad, Genshin Twitter hurts to read sometimes.

Increased resin or faster regen! Increased condensed resin capped in inventory! Pity/% but I don't expect that to happen at all. Combined weapon banners would be a huge improvement as well.

Edit: I'm dumb and meant separate weapon banners

Definetely a long shot, but when Clorinde was first teased, I was hoping there would be some kind of firearm as a weapon. From the looks of that new Cheuv character, that won't happen but one can hope!

I wouldn't mind a dialogue skip button for world quests! Or ones without VA. Doesn't bother me to much without one, but I will admit that I find myself only paying attention to Archon and character story quests.

In terms of units being improved, as the anemo archon I would LOVE to see Venti be able to CC bigger/heavier enemies! I understand it would be broken like he was at release, but he's literally an anemo archon. I try to bring him in the later floors of abyss when I can and I feel so bad for him lol

Outside of anything primo gem/banner related (like spending on the standard banner), I would say that there really isn't a wrong way to play! Is there an optimal way? For sure, but just have fun! Don't stress with what others say is the wrong way to play (unless you asked), as long as you're enjoying the game then you're playing correctly.

Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now
I am mainly looking forward to the new characters (specifically Cloud Retainer for overworld, and Clorinde with that pistol of hers). I'm not gonna have any big expectations for story since I was pretty happy with the last one.

Thanks so much for replying! :D Very helpful and interesting! 🙂 I hope you get the units you want when you pull for them once they’re released ☘️🤞.

What is your favorite archon quest?
If I'm picking a specific quest, it'd be the Sumeru chapter that had to do with Scaramouche//Wanderer. I relate to his character a lot, and since I started playing genshin around when he was first introduced I was so excited to FINALLY see him again. But if I had to pick one nation as a whole that's my favorite, it'd be Liyue.
Who are your favorite characters?
Xiao is by far my favorite character in every capacity, he has my favorite design, he's my favorite to play, and his story is one of my favorites. The first lantern rite event just made me fall in love with his character and I've been obsessed with him since. Besides him Freminet, Scaramouche, Heizou, Albedo, and Childe are all up there for different reasons as well. I could go into a long rant about all of them specifically but I'll save you from that haha.
Who are your least favorite characters?
I'll probably get hate for this, but Yelan and Furina. Yelan is just boring to me, idk. I don't really like anything about her as a character and her design is meh to me (why her bangs look like that??)...but I will say she's fun gameplay wise. And Furina...she just gets on my nerves. I loved her design so much but then she opened her mouth and I was like yeah nevermind😭
What is your wishlist?
My dream would be C6 Xiao, but as a f2p player I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon if at all. Other than that, Clorinde and a leaked character have caught my eye, but I always wait for the character trial before committing.
What is your favorite thing about the game?
The lore and the exploration. I love how relatable the characters are and the game overall just has some beautiful graphics.
Artifact farming. It just gets repetitive after you've played it as long as I have. It's so boring to me having to fight the same thing over and over and over again just to get maybe one good artifact.
What mistakes should be avoided?
I wouldn't call it a mistake, but don't think you need to whale. As a f2p player the game is still just as enjoyable to me without having every single character or C6 R5. I have who I want, and that's enough.
Other:
I would have to say I'm most excited to see more of the Fatui. The parts involving them have been my favorites, and I love the four(?) we've met so far. I also just miss some of the characters. I really hope we get to see Xiao and Albedo again sometime soon for more than a brief interaction.

Obtained Navia yesterday after losing the 50/50 to Mona. I had a feeling my RNG would take a dip after having won 5/6 50/50s to C6 Furina, and unfortunately I was right. That's okay though! That's why I built up so many pulls ahead of time.

ETShtNs.png

I DID get her weapon on my first try, however, which is rare for me. Usually the weapon banner messes with me a lot, but this time it didn't, lol.

JQg2LGc.png

Also got Navia and her weapon to level 90 already, got the right artifact set for her, and built up her talents to around level 6. Pre-farming played a huge part in this as I was basically able to cap her right after obtaining her. I also have a team built around her including Ganyu, Raiden, and Kokomi, and it's been working great so far!

I'm in love with Navia's voicelines so far. She is so classy. 🥰

zBi2jeD.png

1Qn0BQJ.png

OquBzWW.png

860CbBx.png

lXuIGdh.png

Just a small update, but I actually finished building Navia really quickly because my artifact RNG was kind to me for once. Got an Atk sands, Geo Dmg Bonus goblet, and Crit Damage circlet for her, all with the right set, and her stats where they need to be. I also C6'ed her as well because I knew I'd be using her on a team long-term. Switched her teammates to Zhongli, Xiangling, and Bennett too so she can crystallize better.

The result for me is that she's doing around 200,000 to 300,000 damage or more on her skill, which is insane to think about. She'll definitely be a mainstay for me for awhile, at least until I decide I want to swap to someone else.

YNdVSw1.png

b4DJQaU.png

scl3bxO.png

what is your favorite archon quest?
- either fontaine or sumeru - i think fontaine would be superior, if not for the long, drawn out prison sequence. i have a lot of love for both of them though.

who are your favorite characters? design, gameplay, story/personality wise
- tighnari is the best character in the game and i will die on this hill. in addition to him, i really love freminet, wanderer, and collei in terms of design and personality. gameplay wise, i really love mona and faruzan.

who are your least favorite characters?
- admittedly i'm not the biggest fan of bennet or xingqiu. its not really their fault, they have interesting personalities, i just think their gameplay is uninteresting. it doesn't help that they're so saturated in team builds. i also don't particularly like yelan or diluc. they're both just... fine, to me.

what is your wishlist? (units & weapons)
- all i want is to pull a tighnari. alas, i just keep pulling keqing and mona. :(

what is your favorite thing(s) about the game? collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.
- i really love building characters and playing through stories. i find it very satisfying to get a character to level 90, and it gives my brain the happy chemicals to see them do big numbers. oddly enough, i also really enjoy artifact farming!

what is your least favorite thing about the game?
- weekly bosses. they're important to building characters so i do it every week, but god i hate that narwhal fight.

what feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?
- faster resin regeneration! it sucks that you can't even max out your condensed resin with maxed out resin.

if you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?
- firearms! it's such a shame chevreuse wasn't given an actual firearm as a weapon. functionally it would probably be similar to the bow, so i can see why it's not a weapon, but it still seems like a bit of a shame.

any features or units you’d like to see improved?
- honestly, i just wish they'd go back and buff some of their older characters.

what are some mistakes that should be avoided?
- play with characters you like!!! ignore national teams, ignore what's considered best in the meta. play characters you like. that's all that matters.

sbdTCEO.png

Got Zhongli to max level finally and 36 starred the Spiral Abyss again. This abyss rotation was significantly easier than the previous. I wonder if they did that because it's now a new year...

Also, a new 4 star, Chevreuse, is coming out soon! I'll definitely be wishing for her so that I'll still have every character in the game. Going to stop once I get her, however, as I already have Raiden and Yoimiya at C6 and triple-crowned, so wishing any further would be pointless.

Today Raiden Shogun the queen of electro dropped after a year of not gracing us with her presence I was finally able to pull for her after six months of waiting and hypothesizing when she would return. I'm very excited that I was finally able to get her, and I do plan to pull for her again the next time she makes an appearance. Now I just got to build her to perfection which I know can take a long time (I have heard it's taken people like a year for the perfect build! yeesh... but it is worth it.) I also got the new character Chevreuse, I actually pulled her I think 3 times? So she's at constellation 3 which is pretty cool. I haven't built her yet but I do plan to do it in the future.

Now I just got to build up my primogems again for future characters.

I try to get into the game again. Havn't played since the release of fountaine but still pulled for Neuvilette and Furina. If anyone wants to play together from time to time let me know! 🥰

Everyone is free to loot my world as well haha

i was so torn on whether or not to keep pulling for raiden, but after googling to see how viable she is as a dps and/or in a hyperbloom team, i caved. originally lost the 50/50 to keqing (which wasn't too bad, since she's currently on the team until raiden is better built) and then decided to keep going. fortunately i still have enough wishes for guaranteed arlecchino when she drops 🙏

also was today years old when i realized furina can heal... was fighting the narwhal when i accidentally switched her to pneuma, making her little water summons change and i was like ?????????????????? she's usually permanently in ousia since i just switch to her, use her E, and then switch out again haha. confused the heck out of me for a good minute, but she's more useful in ousia anyway, and i have jean for better healing.

Finally got my Raiden to C3!! My silly little self is aiming for C5-C6! I love her so much. I want her to be my first featured 5* that I C6. I have Keqing C6 (sigh), so I'm hoping Genshin RNG is super nice to me this time around.. I have so many standard 5*'s at high constellation levels.. please just give me what I want! 😭

Me and my boyfriend did some Genshin-ing yesterday before I went to work. I got Raiden's weapon, as did he, so we grinded to level her weapon to 90! :3

Current Raiden constellations
0nG2Vpb.png

Current weapon :3
3eLQ3ev.png

Current Raiden stats!
ZaZYyta.png

I am very proud of her build so far. It's not what I want it to be just yet.. but it's better than most of the characters I have built at the moment!
I really want to get Yoimiya as well.. sucks that Raiden and Yoimiya HAVE to be on the same running banner T ^ T

If anyone wants to add me on Genshin, feel free!

My UID is 618797907
IGN is Melanie : D​

Trailer for the new version is out!

I'm definitely going to be wishing for Cloud Retainer. I'm somehow already at 75 pity, and I have 5,464 Primogems saved up, so I can easily get a 5 star character. I'm not guaranteed, however, so hoping I win the 50/50 early for her. 🤞

GaMing looks like a lot of fun. I may want cons for him, so even if I do win the 50/50 for Cloud Retainer I'll probably wish some more, LOL. The new costumes for Ganyu and Shenhe are super duper pretty as well! :blush:

I just realized I may not have enough primogems for a 10 pull to try get raiden in time cuz I havent played in a while
Post automatically merged:

does anyone know any good ways to grind for primogems?

Last edited:
Back