• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Genshin Impact

I am really burnt out from the game. I played for a year every day and I am a 1.1 player. I even spent some money on it but honestly it gets boring after a while. The story is medicore at it's best and the character building is soooo tedious!

I play it still from time to time but the hype is long gone. I am more into starrail these times but also play it like 3 times a week on my smartphone.

Besides that I really LOVE Childe. I totally ship Lumine and Childe 😭

I am really burnt out from the game. I played for a year every day and I am a 1.1 player. I even spent some money on it but honestly it gets boring after a while. The story is medicore at it's best and the character building is soooo tedious!

I play it still from time to time but the hype is long gone. I am more into starrail these times but also play it like 3 times a week on my smartphone.

Besides that I really LOVE Childe. I totally ship Lumine and Childe 😭
Felt you on the burn out as that was me for the whole summer until Fontaine slowly brought me back. I'm actually curious where you left off in the main story? Because I do have to agree that certain parts/chapters for the main archon quests are pretty awful (cough Inazuma), though I actually really enjoyed Sumeru and think it's a huge step up from Inazuma. Fontaine's main storyline has also been pretty interesting to me too.

Also I just have to say I too am a Chilumi shipper! 👀 I don't ship much but those two have been one I've loved since I started playing in 2020.

Felt you on the burn out as that was me for the whole summer until Fontaine slowly brought me back. I'm actually curious where you left off in the main story? Because I do have to agree that certain parts/chapters for the main archon quests are pretty awful (cough Inazuma), though I actually really enjoyed Sumeru and think it's a huge step up from Inazuma. Fontaine's main storyline has also been pretty interesting to me too.

Also I just have to say I too am a Chilumi shipper! 👀 I don't ship much but those two have been one I've loved since I started playing in 2020.
I actually played the main story of Sumeru after a 5 month break! It was better than Inazuma that's for sure and I reeeeally enjoyed the Samsara part! I started recently again to try out Fontaine (and to get Neuvillete). The underwater part is really well done! But I stopped like 2 weeks after I started to play again. The grind for the new character was tedious 😩 I really try to get back into the game but when I see over 10 character quests and tons of open quests I feel rather not to.

Chilumi is also the only pairing I have in the game. They gave us too much to ship! There are also so cute animations out there 🥰

I actually played the main story of Sumeru after a 5 month break! It was better than Inazuma that's for sure and I reeeeally enjoyed the Samsara part! I started recently again to try out Fontaine (and to get Neuvillete). The underwater part is really well done! But I stopped like 2 weeks after I started to play again. The grind for the new character was tedious 😩 I really try to get back into the game but when I see over 10 character quests and tons of open quests I feel rather not to.

Chilumi is also the only pairing I have in the game. They gave us too much to ship! There are also so cute animations out there 🥰
Omg that's so real, I actually have a few friends who still haven't done the Sumeru story so you're all good haha. I also loved the Samsara part omg! 👀 I did hear some people hated all the dialogue, but I have to say that act (act 2 iirc?) was one of my favourites out of the five for sure. That's also so valid tbh, grinding for characters can definitely be tedious. I fortunately over farm for a lot of materials, I was definitely a hoarder too until the start of 2022 or so, and as a result I've been pretty good (aside for maybe some of the newer Sumeru materials because screw the desert lol). But I do have an EU account with like no materials since I rarely play it, and even when I was more active there was no way I was going to grind as much as my main account. I feel like I can truly understand both sides and the grind is definitely not it. 😭

I have 12 days to try and get Wriothesley's weapon and I'm kinda losing hope LOL.

I really want it to go with him because he's already my favorite Fontaine character ;w; Can't have him without his weapon. But, I guess it'll be fine if I don't.. There'll always be a rerun for him.. I hope

I did it! 🎉
Been playing since the end of 1.5, I didn't expect it to take this long.

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

I just recently passed the 300,000 adventure exp mark, so I'm getting super close now to capping. I've estimated the time it will take, and if I use my resin every day and do my dailies, it will take approximately 10 days. Once I cap, I'll be max level in both Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail, which was my goal originally to finish before this year ends and before Zenless Zone Zero releases.

lo8jXOt.png

Also, here's the official character teaser for Furina! Really looking forward to obtaining her.

Well I mentioned it in another thread already, but a little over a week ago I maxed out in Genshin Impact, which was a dream come true of mine. I'm now max level in both Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail, and can comfortably wait until Zenless Zone Zero releases. I'm still going to be actively playing both games, but this frees up more time for me to focus on other things. :giggle:

vAAgbWS.png

Ufo87u6.png

I'm really excited cause I was able to get Furina, and I got some ok artifacts for her but even with these okay artifacts she's doing much better than before when I was just using I think the exile set. I need to get her best artifacts but I know that comes with time, and I'm using the favonious sword for her weapon which is actually pretty decent but I am fishing to get her like 3rd most recommended weapon and I'm sure I'll see some good results it's just a lot of time to do fishing and I don't want to get mad when I fish so I am doing it as like a 2nd thought since its not super dire. I also am building up my Hu Tao, she has the catch right now but honestly I think she is better with dragons bane, which I guess shouldn't be surprising. I have it at R3 now, and I really want to get it to R5 and I'll be happy. The catch's intended character is Raiden once I get her. I also got better artifacts for Xingqui and Beidou too and I have seen some improvements as well.

I'm super excited to pull for Raiden who should be coming up soonish and Navia as well, whew. I'm starting to save up primogems (or have been) I don't know if I will go for their weapons, but it is so tempting. We will see where I am at once it's time to do some wishing!

Only seeing this thread now, but really enjoying Genshin Impact! I was somewhat familiar with the game when it came out, but was never a mobile gamer and didn't have a PC. I started around the Kazuha/Klee rerun well over a year ago, which is when I made my PC and have been playing every day since! Hate missing out on dailies/resin lol. Sort of sad cause my IRL friends who played around 1.1/launch who have encouraged me to give it a try have all taken breaks, longs ones at that (especially during Sumeru lol). But man, I wish I started playing sooner! Loving the character designs, open world, and find the story appealing most times; Fontaine and Sumeru are both peak story imo.

Progress for Genshin and HSR so far!

rU1Yfi8.png

KGUIfeH.png

ZupefZr.png

Been a while since I posted here loll.

Still actively playing, mainly just doing everything I can to save up for Clorinde and possibly Arlecchino. Other than that, I've been messing around with different team combinations while building Freminet and Wriothesley. I lost the 50/50 before getting Wrio and got Dehya so I'm not quite sure what to do with her yet.

That last archon quest...I'm sorry but it just felt like such a waste of time other than the end of it. I'm not a huge fan of Furina so that may have factored into it haha. But other than that I've loved Fontaine so far and I definitely think its my favorite region exploration wise.

now that i've finally gotten my pc, i've been able to play this game without any lag, and i've been enjoying myself even more !! was able to finally knock out a bunch of timer challenges (mostly the combat ones) that i had pinned across the map and finish exploring inazuma. (just watatsumi island left, and then enkanomiya, which i'm less looking forward to...) i've been saving for arlecchino for a few months now, but i did want furina, too. originally i was just going to hope she was re-run fairly soon like nahida was, but when she dropped, i figured i'd do a few 10 pulls because i knew i was at pity. did not expect to get her in the first 10 !!! still have 200 wishes left, so i think i'm pretty set for arlecchino. (i don't plan to go for constellations lol.) i am tempted to pull for ei... just worried i won't be able to recoup all my wishes again in time for arle, especially if i lose the first 50/50.

also had my first multiplayer experience last night !! i usually never accepted requests into my world just because i was so laggy it wouldn't have been fun if the person needed my help with anything, but this person was super nice !! i let them farm a couple materials, and then we did some bosses together for the multiplayer achievements, and they friended me at the end !! (someone did join before them, but i think they took one look at me using traveler and amber and thought i was a noob lol, but my traveler is tripled crowned and my strongest character, and my amber has been easily soloing the boss needed to ascend furina. she's almost tripled crowned, too!)

I've been saving steadily for Navia, and now have a sizeable amount saved for her. Since I don't need or want anything from the current banners, my goal is to save at least 14,400 Primos before her banner drops. Should be fairly easy if I continue to do my dailies and quests. Also, I 36 starred Spiral Abyss again, this time without losing even once. And my Alhaitham is one talent level up away from being triple crowned. :giggle:

vK21vZa.png

Welcome back to the genshin community! A lot has happened since then, but that gives you plenty of things to do but take it slowly so you don't get burned out! :)

They had their special program yesterday, its mostly a filler version (4.3 that is) I've heard 4.4 is going to have some really interesting things happen. It still seems like a fun time, I like that each version isn't a crazy story it keeps you motivated. What I am most excited about, is Navia! she will be released in 11 days and I will get her! I don't know if I will get her weapon, I hate the weapon banner even though her weapon looks quite neat. Then after Navia it is the QUEEN of THUNDER Raiden! Who I am also pulling for, and also considering getting her weapon. I don't know though, I did get the catch for her as a backup and that is supposed to be one of the best non-signature weapons for her. I already have all her level up materials ready (got to get more handguards or whatever for her talent build!) Gotta also get her some artifacts!! (I have been waiting for her to return for months, ask anyone who knows i play genshin, i haven't stopped talking about Raiden lol)

I did it! I officially reached my wishing funds goal for Navia. 90 pulls, which will take me to hard pity, even though I'm not guaranteed. I obtained all the Primogems free to play aside from using Welkin, which I'm actually pretty proud of myself for. Now it remains to be seen whether I will get her with these pulls or if I'll have to whale more to get her.... 👀

5tqS6g9.png

Hi everyone! I’m new to Genshin. I got some questions (no pressure to answer ofc 🙂; I’m just curious what everyone likes about the game). Feel free to leave long answers if you want 🙂 (saying this since I know we all worry about length in reply bothering OP. It doesn’t bother me at all! I like seeing how much people like a game or something and their thoughts 🙂).

-What is your favorite Archon Quest?
-Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
-Who are your least favorite characters?
Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
-What is your wishlist? (units & weapons)
-What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.
-What is your least favorite thing about the game?
-What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?
-If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?
-Any features or units you’d like to see improved?
-What are some mistakes that should be avoided?
-Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂

Here is how I’d answer from what I’ve played so far 🙂.

-What is your favorite Archon Quest?
Right now I’m in Liyue; I just finished act 2. I enjoyed this quest much more than the previous act and region. Also been really enjoying the scenes with Zhongli in them ☺️.

-Who are your favorite characters?

I’m not very far yet, but of the characters I’ve met so far, I really like Zhongli. I also like Diluc and maybe Kaeya, though their 3D models look a little weird to me. Artwork wise, their designs seem pretty cool and I like their personalities. Of characters I didn’t meet yet: Neuvillette and Wriothesley are my top two favorites, partially because of their voice overs - Hiroshi Kamiya and Daisuke Ono :D. Their designs are great to me too and they seem fun to use judging from using them in a trial 🙂. Raiden Shogun would be my next favorite; her design is gorgeous and she was also fun to try out in the trial. Others: Venti (I like his voice over in both Japanese & English; Erika Harlacher is one of my favorite VAs) - I liked Venti’s story from what I’ve seen so far in the first part of the story 🙂. I just met Qiqi and I liked her even before meeting her; I like Qiqi partially because she makes me think of a friend who got me into the game (I hope you’re doing okay) and her design is so cute ☺️.

-Who are your least favorite characters?

I’m trying to reserve judgment until I am deeper into the story and/or have more units, but design wise Childe. He seems really interesting in the story but his design just doesn’t stand out to me. Other than that, so far no character I can say confidently I dislike aside from NPC Virgil in Fontaine; did a side quest there (I somehow thought it was part of the event quest line 😅 oops). I will say I’m not a big fan of Amber

No idea about weapons, but considering the upcoming banners: 1. Raiden Shogun 2. Neuvillette 3. Wriosthesley

I want Zhongli too but nowhere as much as the first three. Ideally, I’d like a new pyro so I can bench Amber.

-What is your favorite thing(s) about the game?

Right now the story and cooking. I love cooking in games. I got some furniture crafting recipes and that might be another thing I like; trying to keep my expectations low though.

-What is your least favorite thing about the game?

Hard to say right now. I kinda don’t like the idea of the world bosses scaling up each time I gain an adventure rank, at least right now since I only have starters and a few four stars.

-What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?

This is silly but romantic relationship kinda like in Dragon Age or Fire Emblem 🙂.. I want more male characters/units too; on the hoyo app yesterday I saw something that showed how much more girl units there are than guys. I also want to be able to pet the cats in the game. ☺️

-If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?

I saw a thread on the Hoyo app. While it is unlikely for them to introduce new weapon types, I think it’d still be fun to think of ideas if they did. Personally I’d like a glaive or scythe, daggers, guns. Or claws like if they made a character that was a shapeshifter or cat 👀.

-Any features or units you’d like to see improved?

I’d like some of the events to be in mondstadt or liyue. I was a bit disappointed about the last event being in a region I wasn’t ready to go to. I was able to get my level up enough and it was nice there was a way to teleport there even though I haven’t been there yet, but I would’ve liked to have taken my time more and still be able to enjoy the events. Aside from that, I really was impressed by the events. They were fun!

I especially liked Thelxie’s Adventure. The story was really heartwarming and i think it gave a good message; it made me think a lot since while I’m not in a situation like the character at all, I could still relate to the loneliness and empathize.

Sorry for my very lengthy post 😅. Just really excited about the game and curious about everyone’s opinions 🙂

This looks fun, I'll answer.

- What is your favorite Archon Quest?

Hard to say right now, but probably either the Sumeru or Fontaine Archon quests. Fontaine especially has been really good so far as far as the Archon quests go.

- Who are you favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Design - Definitely Yelan still.

Gameplay - Alhaitham, he's just really fun with his mirrors and hits like a truck.

Story/personality - Yoimiya! I really love her personality a ton. Can't say too much without spoiling the Archon quests, but her role in Inazuma is what made me love her.

- Who are your least favorite characters?
Design, gameplay, story/personality wise

Design - This is a tough one, but probably Diluc? At least his original design. Not a fan of the hair at all. His costume with the ponytail looks much better.

Gameplay - Also tough, but probably Ayaka. I just don't find her playstyle fun, even though she is easy to build.

Story/personality - Albedo for sure, I find his personality super dry and boring. To the point where I'm glad he has had a limited role in the game so far.

- What is your wishlist? (units & weapons)

Honestly nothing at the moment aside from Navia and her weapon. Thankfully I've got a lot of Acquaint Fates saved up for her!

-What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.

My favorite things about the game are collecting units, the story, and gameplay. If I had to rank them, 1) Collecting units, 2) Gameplay, 3) Story. I just really get a spark of adrenaline every time I successfully obtain a new character.

- What is your least favorite thing about the game?

Lack of quality of life improvements compared to Honkai: Star Rail. Not going to delve into it too much, but there's a lot they could improve but just... don't. Other than that I love most everything about the game.

- What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?

The #1 thing I would add is better rewards for Adventure Ranks 55-60... those last five Adventure Ranks take months and months to get through, and when you finally do level up the rewards are... abysmal (no pun intended). If something like this were to be updated though, I feel as though Hoyoverse would have to compensate everyone who already reached Adventure Rank 60, and they're not likely to do that.

- If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?

There's a lot of interesting weapon types that could be added. One in particular I feel would be funny is a baseball bat, considering that's what the trailblazer uses in Honkai: Star Rail. But not seriously though.

- Any features or units you’d like to see improved?

Too many features I'd like to see improved to list. As for units, Qiqi and Keqing REALLY need an upgrade. They're bare bones not that good as 5 stars, and are outclassed as a healer and DPS easily by lots of other five stars in the game. I doubt Hoyoverse would ever buff them, but it would be nice if they did.

- What are some mistakes that should be avoided?

NEW PLAYERS, THIS IS FOR YOU: Do NOT use your fragile resins when you're just making your way through the lower Adventure Ranks. WAIT until you can start farming domains for 5 star artifacts around AR 45-60, because if you save up a ton of them you'll be able to farm for a LOT longer and get a LOT more 5 star artifacts more quickly. I made the mistake when I started of burning through my fragile resins quickly, which caused me to take longer at higher Adventure Ranks when I started farming for 5 star artifacts finally.

- Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂

The thing I'm most excited for right now is the addition of Natlan to the game, the Pyro nation. Even though it probably won't be until next year or the year after, I'm really excited for it as Pyro is my favorite Vision in the game. And it's already been confirmed that Natlan and Schneznaya, the Cryo nation, have their layouts finished. So that gives me hope that it won't be too long before Natlan releases after Fontaine. 💚

i've been playing since release day! anyone who knows me knows i am in extreme credit card debt a genshin fan :] i had fun thinking abt these questions

----------------------------------------------------------

What is your favorite Archon Quest?
It's currently the entirety of Fontaine! I am a chronic skipper of stories, but Fontaine was very engaging for me. I really liked all the characters and I am such a sucker for big plot twists.

Who are your favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
- Design: Neuvillette, I love everything about this man actually. His clothes, his eyes, his hair, HIS THIGH HIGH BOOTS, I adore all of it.
- Gameplay: My current favorite is Wanderer! I have him at C2 with his signature weapon and artifact set, so his attack speed is insane. His air dashes add to his DPS making his kit so speedy. I'm really into that kind of rush! A close second is Wriothesley, I got him C1 and I just really like punching things.
- Story/personality: This one for sure goes to Albedo! His story has always been so interesting to me and I pray for another day where he gets a focused event. I think the fact that he's made up of chalk is such a cool concept (his title translates to "chalk prince" if I remember correctly) and the fact that he has villain undertones but is genuinely such a sincere character makes me care so much for him. Doesn't hurt that he's also canonically an amazing artist! I could talk for hours on this guy but I will spare your time LOL

Who are your least favorite characters? Design, gameplay, story/personality wise
- Design: I think my least favorite design goes to Rosaria. In theory, she has a cool concept, but something about her in-game model is so off to me. Her eyes don't look like they belong in the game somehow. People also complained about how they "nerfed" her when she came out by reducing her chest size, and that all just left a really bad taste in my mouth.
- Gameplay: I have so many I can put here because I am not a fan of almost any character that relies on their burst to do damage/have bursts that require them to stay on the field. Off the top of my head, I am not a fan of Cyno, Xiao, or Itto's gameplay.
- Story/personality: If we are allowed to pick characters that are not able to be played, Dottore is easily my least favorite here. He's a pure villain and that's just not my cup of tea. I hope he becomes a boss fight in Natlan so I can beat him up weekly!

- Units: My two top wants currently are Navia and the Raiden Shogun! This is pretty bad because their banners are coming up back-to-back and I am dead broke LOL (I would also like C1 Neuvillette one day please).
- Weapons: Lost Prayers, seriously where is it!! I don't even want it because it's good, but because it is the only standard banner weapon I do not have. I have beef with that weapon at this point I fear.

What is your favorite thing(s) about the game? Collecting units, playing through the story, character hangouts, cooking fishing, etc.
I have no shame, I am here to collect characters and run around looking at said characters. Exploration really shines for me here because I get to gallivant around with four characters I like while also earning currency to pull for more characters I like. And of course, the environment and scenery are gorgeous.

What is your least favorite thing about the game?
A lot! From the community, to the controversies, to the QOL, this game can be extremely frustrating at times. If I were to get into it I would be here forever.

What feature(s) would you add to the game if you could?
A faster resin refresh rate for sure. They don't have to increase the resin cap, but making the resin come back faster seems like a quick workaround to me honestly.

If you could add new weapon types to the game, what ones would you like to see if any?
I think this will never happen as it's far too complex, but the new upcoming weapon sort of looks like an axe (though it's classified as a claymore) so I think it's interesting that they're doing that. Personally, I wanna be able to wield a big fish! Oh, wait...

Any features or units you’d like to see improved?
The weapons banner needs a rework. I think they should split the weapons banner into two so you can stop getting duplicates of the weapon you do not want. As for units, they cannot really directly buff them, but they can release new artifact sets and characters that will let the less OP units shine. For example, it's nice to see Jean being buffed with Furina's release, as they have great synergy.

What are some mistakes that should be avoided?
It's been so long and I sound so old LOL but I don't really think anything is a mistake. Unless you're spending primogems on the standard banner or melting five-star weapons into three-star ones, you should be good! There is so much content now compared to release, it really is just best to take your time and not worry about rushing to the finish line.

Any other thoughts you’d like to add? About your experience with the game or what you’re excited about right now 🙂
I have had many periods of breaks from Genshin but I always come back LOL truly I am mentally ill. I do really like playing the game though (for the most part idk)! I am most looking forward to Navia's release of course, as well as finally doing Furina's story quest so @Cheremtasy does not jump me in my sleep :]

Back