• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you used to love, but now dislike?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Mario Kart 8 was one of my favorite games. I used to be a member of the Battle Masters clan, and I was obsessed. If you played in the past, you may recognize me from battle mode. My name was Croconaw in Japanese.

FE6B46F5-6EF2-4347-BFCC-8D49CCDE411A.jpeg

Unfortunately, I no longer play Mario Kart 8 online or in general, but I’ve met a few wonderful people through this game. It was a great experience, but sometimes we just grow out of things and we move on.

What games were you once your favorites but now you dislike? Is there a reason or did you just move on?

Attachments

• 7ABA83B4-3257-43FF-8E55-BB15003EDD49.jpeg
    7ABA83B4-3257-43FF-8E55-BB15003EDD49.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
I have a couple.

I never really loved Overwatch, but I did enjoy it, until I did the ranked matches. I hated how everyone would go on offense and I’d be the only one defending and then we lose and they spam good job. I used to also like ESO, but I never loved it but got burnt out and don’t want to play that again. My ps4 subscription ran out which is part of the reason I stopped playing Overwatch, otherwise now and then I probably would still play it but no more ranked. I used to love tekken and soul calibur but with the introduction ultra moves, I struggled more than before and could never get activate it.

I loved Assassin’s Creed from I to Brotherhood (I did like Revelations’ story). I got stuck on III - had trouble fighting the wolves (xbox 360) and never finished it. I put it aside and found some spoilers in a book I have and I did not really want to play it (i thought the first character was cooler even though he was a templar than the son). After that, I felt like too many Assassins creeds came out so fast and while I did ask for a couple for christmas, haven’t gotten around to play them (wanted to beat III first, then black flag). I got origins and that was just so overwhelming with how big the world was and haven’t touched it. Beautiful graphics but Idk, I just lost the motivation to play the newer ones I guess. Idk how I never got overwhelmed with the older ones and how many icons get shown on the map.

I used to play a lot of the Sims games as well, but I’ve never played any recently. I think those games are similar to Animal Crossing in a way. However, I haven’t played any Sims games in ages. My favorite one was actually the one for Wii called My Sims.

I don't think there are any that I straight up dislike. But, I think there are plenty that I've come to realize where probably better left in the past. I mean...off the top oy my head, nothing really comes to mind. But, I know there are games I've replayed as an adult and been like "Huh...I guess this wasn't really as good as I remember". I do that a lot. Still...I don't hate any of them.

persona 4. i used to be HUGE into that game when i was 16; it was my gateway into the series (a mistake in itself) and also a very unfortunately formative game for a to-this-date important part of my identity.

however, while it still holds up well gameplay-wise, it is a very not-good game story-wise that handled its plot and characters very badly and while i still love several of the characters no matter how dirty they were done (and it has two of my favourite voice actors in it), i just. cannot stand it at this point.

i wouldn't say i dislike EVERYTHING about it, but i used to love danganronpa and now i don't rly like it. i got really into it when i was 12 and it got really popular on tumblr with the game OFF (which i also liked). i enjoy the premise, weird mysteries, and some characters, but i hate how it portrays a lot of things and it's handling of sensitive subjects. i want to like it because it's popular again but i'm just not cool with the aforementioned stuff. maybe i would be less harsh on it if it's flaws weren't frequently treated as Cool by the fanbase ._. sometimes i'll engage w/ fans in discussion of it but i wouldn't consider myself a fan...

out of curiosity cuz i don't play battle mode, why are there 3 versions of you in the player list???

like OP I also used to do comp mario kart 8 ( team races not battles) and the community around it really soured me out of it, and I haven't really been a Nintendo player since.

I also was big into Roblox when I was 8-13 and recently got a bit nostalgic and logged back on and I was blown away by just how much had changed. one thing that hasn't changed is how **** the community is, one mention of your age and they throw horrible accusations right at you. safe to say I'm not going back there anytime soon

I don't dislike these games and the memories of me playing them when I was younger will always be treasured but I'd never pick them up again due to lack of interest.

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games
-Pet simulation games
-GBA Pokemon games

I wouldn't say dislike, but the Super Smash Bros. series has lost me. I just don't find playing it to be that amusing anymore. I buy a new Smash and only play it for a month, and that's it.

Reactions: Neb
I used to be into Smash Bros a lot and was excited for Smash 4, but when I realized I stink at the game I decided to not be a fan of it anymore.

The only way I’ll be able to go back into the series is if MK8 Villager is a fighter. Anything that is from games can be a fighter so he could be one too.

I used to like those hatsune miku rhythm games, but they're honestly just very boring now. I used to love Roblox as well in about 2014-16, but now i only really watch it and rarely play it just for the laughs.

i was obsessed with the Kingdom Hearts series when i was a teen, especially KH2 - i loved that one so much. my favorite character was Demyx and i even went through a phase where i had all my friends in high school calling me Demyx as a nickname - super embarrassing in hindsight XD

and now i can't really even imagine being that obsessed with it, especially since there's so many side games now i can't even keep up with how many there are, let alone the names... despite how obsessed i was with KH2, that was the last one i really bothered playing and i can't imagine picking another one up now. i'd consider replaying the first or second one for nostalgia's sake sometime, though!

Man, long list. But definitely Mario Kart. 8 sucked, 8D was just boring and those ruined my fave tracks as well, horrible AI, and just too child-friendly. I still play alone for that one gold part when I'm bored, but, yeah money wasted. Could say the same about AC series, I mean NH was just bad marketing all along with all its update releases, and thinking of quitting pocket camp.

As a non-Nintendo game it's definintely League of Legends. There are simply too many afk people now. I mean I tried playing after one month of break and instantly got a afk in my team again, while we were winning.. pff.

As for Nintendo games, hmm.. I really like Super Mario Sunshine, I still do but at the same time I started disliking it.
The camera is just annoying me so much now, it's incredible. I have a goal of finishing all the games I own 100%
but I just can't bring myself to continue playing Super Mario Sunshine, because the camera is so bad U-U

I used to love street fighter the marvel vs capcom series but it didn’t age well.

I used to play a lot of team sonic racing. I enjoyed seeing some old locations through the tracks and how the team remixed the locations to be like a mash up of two or more levels. I thought the team mechanic was cool, but wanted the transforming vehicles instead. Over time, I grew bored of the game and wanted to play Mario kart 8 deluxe instead, since there's slightly more to do in that game than in team sonic racing. Namely the battle mode.

Mario. Ehh. I don't know. It's getting stale for me and I'm honestly getting tired of playing them lol. I also feel like every new game is a rehash of the previous one. Odyssey isn't even that good and it's extremely overrated, in my opinion. I didn't bother to play the new Paper Mario. I wasn't interested. 3D All-Stars? A lazy attempt at a remaster or I mean, what are they called? Ah, HD ports. They should've remade each game from the ground up. I did enjoy Mario+Rabbids though, and that's the last time I felt like I played something unique or different from the usual Mario game.

Back