• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you like that everyone else hates?

Like, Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U? I used to play it so much, it was my favorite game.

Another one I can (kinda) think of is Fall Guys. Yes, people don't HATE Fall Guys, but it did lose its popularity very fast and was quickly overshadowed by Among Us, a game that I don't care for. I wish it got a bit more of a chance before just dying.

The Last of Us 2. I watched my partner play that game on the PS4 and he never played unless I was there to watch so it was like we played it together. I got caught up in the plot line. I was surprised to see so many people not like the story line.

tomodachi life. i love the game, i know people don't hate it, but people just don't know it. it's one of my favorite games, like, right below AC:NL.

man i LOVE tomodachi life. there are very few games out there that have made me cry due to how happy they made me, and tomodachi life is one of them. i’m definitely hoping that nintendo will expand the franchise in the future or at the very least, give us a switch port of it. 🤞🏻

FFXV,, its my first FF game and i loved it ! im sure its because i dont have much knowledge or experience about the other games :c

Reactions: Neb
Lollipop Chainsaw. I think people hate it for the reasons I love it: it's stupid. It's a little rough around the edges, the gameplay can be a little stiff at first (common problem with hack n' slash though, feeling janky because you have to unlock moves you can tell are missing) and it is a short game, but I love it.

Pokemon Sword/Shield too. The series is absolutely stale and in need of giving to literally any developer other than the ever inept Game Freak, but Pokemon is Pokemon, and Pokemon is fun. Whilst I'm absolutely done with the Gen 1 pandering (another reason people complained about this) the game brought some neat stuff. The Gym battle music especially is hype AF.

paper mario sticker star was fine people just hated it because it wasn't another rpg lol

Ok so there is someone I saw on Twitter who is whipping out an old game that came out in 1994 called Primal Rage just because.
I loved this game as a kid and would still love to play if I had access to the game! So I am going to go with that one on here. I guess there were alot of people who didn't like it for some reason??

---
Maybe I am just a sucker for Dinosaurs, but I would love to see a remake/remaster of this game launched for today...maybe with a couple of more dinos. Perhaps Nostalgia will encourage it to happen?? Maybe? 🥺
---
Throwing the pic down here to jog that memory for the sharper wheels of cheddar out there. It was available in the Arcade I believe, as well as PlayStation.

🦖Primal Rage Game Case📀

my favorite game was Mr. Bean for pc,ps2,ds and Wii I own all versions of this game and have played at least them once and I loved them I saw on some YouTube reviews that people didn't like this game idk why they hate it its a good game but I
combine_images (8).jpg
guess its only for true Mr. bean fans because I think its a game worth taking a look at

This was a tough one for me. Obscure games that not many people have played/heard of? I've got plenty of those in my library. But an openly disliked game is one I had to really think carefully about. A few that came to mind:

the original .hack games for the ps2. I think I like these more for nostalgia at this point rather than gameplay and story. And back when they first came out, I was into anything and everything .hack so wasn't looking at them with a critical eye.

7 days to die - a zombie survival horror game I play with friends on steam sometimes. I know it's flawed, I know it's buggy, I know it's probably never going to come out of alpha, but goodness have I got some fun memories on this thing, and we always have a blast playing it.

Final Fantasy 8 - back when it came out, it was considered the black sheep of the series, I think mostly for it's draw system. I know it really does have a solid group of fans (myself included), but I feel like just as many people dislike this one, so I decided to include it here.
Post automatically merged:

Chrono Cross! It’s a game that a lot of people like to hate on for not being Chrono Trigger. It’s so tiring and sad. Chrono Cross helped me through a lot as a youth and the story is absolutely fantastic imo.

I love the music, the characters and the difference small things make.

I'm a fan of both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross here! Cross absolutely has one of the most beautiful soundtracks of any game I've played. I loved it when I was younger, but when I played it recently as an adult I realized just how complex and deep the storyline goes and couldn't follow everything as clearly. I feel like my mind is failing me these days. Glad to meet another fan on here though!

Last edited:
I really liked Pokémon Channel for the Gamecube. I didn’t realize how amazing the game was, but I was hooked. You wouldn’t think a Pokémon game about watching television would be good, but I was proven wrong. There are some games that you’d pick up and set right back on the shelf just from their cover. You wouldn’t think this would be a good game, but it is. It has a similar game — Hey You Pikachu for the N64 — that requires a microphone for you to talk to Pikachu. I haven’t gotten a chance to play this game, but I do have the copy. I just can’t find a microphone compatible with this game.

Another game I had previously mentioned on this thread, The Dog Island, is a great game. You wouldn’t think about buying it looking at the cover. This game should’ve been bad. It’s a game about dogs with 95% side quests. Admittedly, I picked up this game because it had a beagle on the cover, but I wasn’t prepared for the amazing game that this was. The soundtrack on this game is one of the best and it’s so relaxing. If anything, I’d recommend watching gameplay videos of this game and see if it interests you. It’s a game you wouldn’t really think about loving until you actually play it.

Another game I had previously mentioned on this thread, The Dog Island, is a great game. You wouldn’t think about buying it looking at the cover. This game should’ve been bad. It’s a game about dogs with 95% side quests. Admittedly, I picked up this game because it had a beagle on the cover, but I wasn’t prepared for the amazing game that this was. The soundtrack on this game is one of the best and it’s so relaxing. If anything, I’d recommend watching gameplay videos of this game and see if it interests you. It’s a game you wouldn’t really think about loving until you actually play it.

I remember playing that game as a kid and have fun memories of it. You could choose which dog breed to play as and the dogs were all in some kind of chibi style with big heads. Kid me squealed because they were too cute!

The newer Pokemon games like X/Y or Sword/Shield were not well received but I loved them.

Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Like another user has said, most Zelda fans dislike Phantom Hourglass for some reason but it was the first Zelda game that I bought so it meant a lot to me. I eventually bought Ocarina of Time for the 3DS (which I still have) and I became a fan of the Zelda franchise. I have to admit that I am a BoTW fanboy but my love for PH will never change. I loved the PH Easter eggs in the Lanaryu Wetlands, like Linebeck Island...speaking of which...Linebeck was a character I really enjoyed in the game.

I know this is a well-received game, but the fandom is absolutely wild that I feel a lot of people who haven't tried the game are instantly repelled because of the fans. Anyway yeah it's Undertale. I think it's a brilliant game that has a lot to offer because it's very rare (for me, at least) to hear a battle-style RPG describe itself as "an RPG game where you don't have to destroy anyone". With a game whose main gameplay is hinged on battle scenes, I think it was really creative to let the player figure out how to get out of a battle without hurting anyone. I also love how the game remembers your previous runs, it's immersive and it gave me goosebumps (especially when doing a new run after a genocide run). The story is really, really nice too. Overall I would recommend this game to everyone.

(I do love the Sans memes, but it's become a huge meme that I think it ruins people's first impression of the game LOL)

Back