Game Informer names BioShock GOTY

Bulerias said:
I'm not judging a genre... I guess I'm just all "grossed-out" with the industry's trend... blood, gore, swearing... sigh.

That and I guess I'm in an absolutely horrible mood.
alright I will give it to you that it is bloody. Although in all honesty it fit the horror scene and not nearly as bad as most horror movies right now.

Sporge27 said:
Koehler said:
Fabio said:
And anyways Bulerias, you can't trust EGM and GI but you CAN trust NP?
They rated MP a 10 and Galaxy a 9.5. I've lost all respect for them.

The only thing that held Galaxy back was its horrible camera and lack of story.
wow I just read page 2 and for some thoughts on waht was said first, the camera in Galaxy was actually really pretty good compared to what it could have been, you just weren't in control a lot of the time.
Ugh, I hated the camera in Galaxy. I was on the Deep Dark galaxy purple coin level. I couldn't see the coins in the water 'cause the camera kept spinning. Don't even get me started on how I've died because the camera whacked out.

Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:
Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:
Bulerias said:
Ah, Game Informer... the magazine I trust just as much as EGM...

/sarcasm
:\

Play the game. Then you'll know why it's the GOTY from GI.
Hey, I could just as well tell you to play Super Mario Galaxy.

;)
I've told you millions of times, Galaxy doesn't interest me. At all.
Well, how about this? -- "Bioshock doesn't interest me. At all."

Yeah, I said it, after months of keeping it to myself. I've lost interest in FPS games -- whether they're innovative or not -- after Metroid Prime 3 + Halo 2.
Actually.. Halo 2 is one of the best FPS games ever. If not the best. IMO of course.

Its a lot better than Halo 3 (in competitive ways), thats for sure.

The thing about Halo is that it was the first FPS to truly have mass appeal. Earlier FPS games appealed to a select audience, and were very "hardcore" games, much like turn-by-turn strategy RPGs are now.

...Halo changed that, but the whole series is very generic. Not because it has spawned countless imitators, but simply because it is generic. Obviously a lot of FPS games inspired it.

Oh yeah, and I guess the dough behind the project mattered, too. You guys DO realize that Halo was destined to become a Macintosh-exclusive title if Microsoft didn't come into the picture?

stormcommander said:
Call of Duty is better than Halo, except for the original Halo.
That may be true, but how did we get on Halo..? This is about BioShock, which I believe to be better than CoD 4.

I, honestly, haven't played many FPS games at all. But, since I'm getting a 360 for Christmas, I was kinda planning on getting Halo and Bioshock, actually...

I dunno'...Bioshock looks good to me.

As far as blood and stuff goes...yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of it all...but for some reason it really doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

stormcommander said:
I've read a lot of posts that say that and there reason behind it is that it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone in Halo (which it doesn't) and that everyone is better than them.

Propaganda Man said:
stormcommander said:
I've read a lot of posts that say that and there reason behind it is that it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone in Halo (which it doesn't) and that everyone is better than them.
What's your point?

Back