Game Informer names BioShock GOTY

Koehler said:
Fabio said:
And anyways Bulerias, you can't trust EGM and GI but you CAN trust NP?
They rated MP a 10 and Galaxy a 9.5. I've lost all respect for them.

The only thing that held Galaxy back was its horrible camera and lack of story.
BTW they changed their publisher, so it's ran by new people. Hopefully that won't happen again...

OddCrazyMe said:
Koehler said:
Fabio said:

BTW they changed their publisher, so it's ran by new people. Hopefully that won't happen again...
I don't like Futurewhatchmacallit.

Fabio said:
NP is no longer associated with Nintendo. They're published by FutureUS.

Fabio said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
They're still called 'Nintendo Power'.
That doesn't make sense? It's a Nintendo Magazine. You're not going to have a magazine called "Go Video Game Go" when it's all about Nintendo, not the entire industry.

Fabio said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
They're still called 'Nintendo Power'.
The magazine is about Nintendo games. According to that logic, Game Informer wouldn't be reliable because it's a videogame magazine.

Hey Galaxy was great but it really didn't get me as absorbed in the story as bioshock did. Bioshock was great having it a FPS with an enthralling story, mini puzzle games for hacking, rpg elements that you upgrade your character with, and need I mention how beautiful it looked? Galaxy is in my number 2 slot if only for lack of a better story, still same old Bowser stole the princess deal.

The only magazines that I get and trust are TIME, and OXM. They are great and really never disappointed. I'm sure Bioshock and SMG are great games. I have no intrest in playing them but from the sheer fact that so many people like them I know they are great. I do not think either deserve game of the year.

Game of the year isn't even worth talking about. The media's choice is always surrounded by rumors of outside influence. And personal choices are always going to be opinions. The only thing I get out of GOTY is that its a game thats pretty damn popular as well as pretty damn good.

What bothers me the most about GOTY is that no one seems to respect the other's opinion.

Koehler said:
Fabio said:

wow I just read page 2 and for some thoughts on waht was said first, the camera in Galaxy was actually really pretty good compared to what it could have been, you just weren't in control a lot of the time.

And Bul, shame on you for judging a game based on it genre when it has an amazing stories and elements of other genres in it! Like I said there are puzzles and RPG like upgrades, and honestly Bioshock is not like MP3 in which you go around mainly solving puzzles with intermittent battles, nor is it really all like halo that is pretty much battles (mostly I mainly just played multiplayer in it, correct me if I am wrong). Bioshock had points where you fight, the choice to solve puzzles when presented with them for extra upgrades, really shooters, while not always the best, can be the best. The vita-chambers are really a nice improvement to keep you playing when you die, so you don't have to restart and reload everything. anyway what I want to say is not all shooters are the same just as not all RPGs, adventure, or um puzzle games are the same. I was going to say sports titles, but really they do get really repetitive, no story at all.... can you believe it?

Isn't Game Informer the magazine that made fun of Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Bros?

Yeah... as much as I love how BioShock looks, I don't give GI any credibility at all...

@ Sporge: What made Halo 3 so amazing really was its Co-op campaign. I had the most fun with that. The online matchmaking and every other game could not match the fun I had with that. (On the final level where you jump drive on platforms, I was driving a warthog with 3 people. My other friend was driving ahead in his own. The guy next to me got out to get in his. He drove away without knowing. I waited for that guy to walk back to get back in and I then drove 10 feet. I did this every time he got close, even after we all died several times. It was a total *CEN-1.1-SORD* move but my friends and I laugh at it every time we think about it.)

DSCUBER9000 said:
Isn't Game Informer the magazine that made fun of Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Bros?

Yeah... as much as I love how BioShock looks, I don't give GI any credibility at all...
Then take my credibility!

and the credibility of many a reviewer out on the net that it is a deserving game, it is close with some others but it is definitely in the top 3 of the year area any way you cut it

I'm not judging a genre... I guess I'm just all "grossed-out" with the industry's trend... blood, gore, swearing... sigh.

That and I guess I'm in an absolutely horrible mood.

Bulerias said:
I'm not judging a genre... I guess I'm just all "grossed-out" with the industry's trend... blood, gore, swearing... sigh.

*points to sig*

Do you have a problem with that? D=

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Bulerias said:

*points to sig*

*Justin125remembers a post and thread from a certain forum a long time ago.

*Justin125wonders if anyone recalls.

Justin125 said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Bulerias said:
I'm not judging a genre... I guess I'm just all "grossed-out" with the industry's trend... , gore, swearing... sigh.

*points to sig*

*Justin125 remembers a post and thread from a certain forum a long time ago.

*Justin125 wonders if anyone recalls.
'Bout ManHunt 2? If so than possibly.

Back