• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite niche game?

Oooh, speaking of last games released on consoles, the GBA version specifically of Spyro: The Eternal Night. It’s a short and sweet metroidvania, the sprites and music are awesome, the combat is fluid and has cool abilities to push and pull enemies around. I really just wish there was more of it, but that’s overlooked as hell.

Does Cavern of Dreams count as niche? It sweeps the floor with the rest of the n64-style platformers IMO. The demo of Zera: Myths Awaken was similarly awesome, but I don’t think that game is ever coming out at this point.

Windowkill came out this year and I don’t think anything will top it as my GoTY. It’s a twin-stick shooter with a unique gimmick and… easier to watch it than explain it, so I’d just say look it up.

Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times for the Nintendo DS. This is a game in the Animal Crossing style with a town that runs on a 7 day a week, 24 hour day cycle with various villagers and items to collect, but with a major twist.

I completely agree with this, I LOVE Magician's Quest/Enchanted Folk! From what I understand the game has gotten a few sequels but they've never been localised :( I was really hoping the Switch installment would get released outside of Japan given the success of ACNH.

For the playstation 2, Shadow Hearts: Covenant was mine as well as Shadow Hearts (I played the second one first and later found the first shadow hearts by chance in a gamestop). Not a lot of people that I know have heard of the game. I love the protagonist and how the game is set around the time of WWI. The cutscenes and graphics are really good for a ps2 game. The story and gameplay is fantastic and so is the voice over.

Everything else I’ve played I think most people have heard of.

my mind jumped right to Petz Catz 2 (specifically the PS2 version), because it's nothing at all like other Petz games and I still love playing it even now. I was into pet sims as a kid and I'm sure my mom got me this game without realizing what it actually was, but it ended up being one of my favourite games I've ever played 😄

too bad I don't know anyone who also has experiences and memories of it rip

my mind jumped right to Petz Catz 2 (specifically the PS2 version), because it's nothing at all like other Petz games and I still love playing it even now. I was into pet sims as a kid and I'm sure my mom got me this game without realizing what it actually was, but it ended up being one of my favourite games I've ever played 😄

too bad I don't know anyone who also has experiences and memories of it rip
I had the Dogz version of this game as a kid! I don't think I ever finished it, but I remember my friends and I being obsessed with it. It's a cute little game! 😁

trails games in general. banger after banger after banger
I wouldn't necessarily go as far to call it that, im on falcord and i can tell you literally thousands of thousands of fans are there as well as a bunch of other, interesting stuff that goes on there to say the least lol.

We've also got a whole bunch of falcom games brought over to as well like nayuta and a new xanadu game too coming out.

Back