• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fujimori 5/2-5/5/19

2kimi2furious

Sleepy Bear
Bells
Ancient Candle
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Did a lot of playing this weekend! Let's see if I remember it all, lol.

I unlocked the QR machine for Kagome. I've placed some waterways around Fujimori. So far, I just have some streams and bridges. I found a QR code for a zen pond with some koi in it that I really loved, but I realized there was no seasonal variation for it. It would look horrible in the winter time with all the green grass around it when everything else is snowy. I have decided that when I am ready to upload my dream address, I want to be able to upload it once per season so people can visit Fujimori year round.

I got Shampoodle unlocked finally. Everyone pretty much has their permanent hair style and color. Hoichi has male hair 4 in black. I was upset that there's no bald option, so I've just decided he's going to wear his straw umbrella hat all the time. It hides the top of his hair and leaves the buzzed undercut out for viewing, so that'll be perfect for him. Kagome's hairstyle doesn't matter because she's always going to be wearing the geisha wig. However, I was able to dye it black for her. Chiharu has female hairstyle 15 in light brown. I toyed with giving her darker hair or the matron bun, but with her rosey cheeks, she looks adorable with what I gave her, so she'll stay. Kimi has female hair 14 in dark brown.

I just have to wait patiently for Shampoodle to unlock the colored contacts machine now. It's such a paaaaaain. Kagome is the only one whose eye color is going to stay the same. I want to update their TPC pictures, but I don't want to waste money if they don't have their default hair/eyes/outfit.

I decided that the outfit I had mayor Kimi in wasn't properly showing off that she was supposed to be a samurai. So, I made her a short-sleeved summer kimono in green and gold with a tanto stuck into her obi. It definitely doesn't look as good as a lot of the QR kimonos I've seen, but I'm pretty proud of it. I made her her own insignia on the back of it too, and I called the design Clan Kimi. I'm going to make her one for all seasons, I think. I'm going to start ruminating on what I want her fall look to be. I'll wait until it gets a little cooler outside so I can have inspiration, lol.

Tortimer came to visit all my alts this weekend too. I haven't taken them to the island yet, as he only came yesterday, but I'm glad they'll have the option to go. I'd like to give them a few of the experiences that Kimi has so that I will feel like they are a part of the town instead of just mules to hold QR codes and pretty houses. Of course, I'm going to focus on all of this once I work on Kimi some more. I want her to get her island tour badge first. Of course, I was terrible and only went to the island once this weekend, but to be fair, I had a very busy weekend. But that's neither here nor there.

I worked on the houses of all my alts this weekend. Since I've been rapidly collecting items, I felt bad about just leaving them on the ground in my town, so I've been enlarging all their houses at once. I believe they're all going to have a second floor when I start playing again. I honestly don't remember, but I'm finally able to start storing things in their homes. Just a few things, but it's better than nothing.

demolished the zen clock I built by Hoichi's house and the zen bell. I'm just going to completely redo that area. The zen clock area is now a water well (or it will be when I play tonight). I figure that will be his purification water. Plus, it fits that area better so I don't have to worry about what greenery will fit there. I had to get rid of a special stump to put it there, but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

As for the zen bell... I'm just going to move it below the zen rock garden in front of his house. I'm going to use the bell area to put the stone slab and make it look like a grave yard. I'll be able to fit more things in the area and surround it with a bamboo grove, so it'll be much better.

I built a second scarecrow and put down QR codes that look like a rice paddy. This is excellent because I built it near my rack of rice and I'll probably put another one near it when Chops moves out of the area.I'll be able to landscape it really nicely when I unlock bushes from the gardening shop. So far, that's my favorite area of town, i think.

I'm still going to have to revisit my park area. I'm coming around to the idea of zen benches instead of log benches, but I still haven't made a decision. I've also got to put the zen clock there, I believe. I have a general idea of it in my head, but I'm not committed enough to want to work on it at just this moment.

Since I cleared out the plaza of items, I was able to put down some QR patterns there. I'm really liking the way it is turning out. I need to build up the surrounding area to really make it come together, but I'm so happy with what I've got so far. The town tree is at level 3 right now. It's doing my heart so good to see how my little town is coming along. I am not even tempted to time travel anymore! I want to see the tree grow along with me and Fujimori in real time!

Saturday, I was doing some deep cleaning around the house and I found my amiibo cards. To my surprise, I found out that one of the cards I have is Annalisa, who is a dreamie! When Ricky moves out, I think I'm going to scan her in instead of getting Kabuki right away. I know it means I will have longer to wait for the zen bridge, but I've had Kabuki in my town before, and I have never had Annalisa. In fact, I hardly see her in people's towns. She's very cute and I'm excited to have her.

I did some dreaming this weekend as well. The first town I visited was on Thursday afternoon, and it was a little village called Bliss (5F00-0070-D414). It was a quaint little town and very full of natural elements. I had trouble getting around because I'm bad at following set paths (I like to just run around like an idiot), but it was very cute and the mayor put in a lot of work.

On Friday, I visited Spirit (4A00-0033-97BA). So far, this has been my favorite town I've visited, I think. It was medieval themed and I was so charmed by how they set up the villager houses and PWPs. There were little rats running around everywhere too (QR code) and I thought it was so cute! I squealed when I entered some of the houses and saw how things were arranged. I highly recommend visiting this village. It made me want to do a Game of Thrones themed village when I am done with Fujimori, lol.

Saturday, I visited Pnevma (6B00-0048-8905). It was a ghost town it seemed like, with lots of weeds and stuff lying around. It was very involved, but not quite my favorite. Still worth a visit, as it was very pretty.

I didn't dream yesterday because I slept late, then had to go to a garage sale, then did some stuff around the house until dinner/Game of Thrones time. My husband and I are about to go on our vacation later this week, so there's lots of last minute stuff to get done. I don't know how involved my posts will be for the next few days, as I'm not sure how much time I'll actually get to play until Thursday when we leave for the beach!

That being said, I'm also not sure of our internet connection. I'm definitely bringing my 3DS to the beach and if I have an internet connection, I'll try to do some trades at night. However, I'll be largely accessing the internet through my phone, so I won't really be active on TBT. I'll probably take notes in my journal and do a big post when I come back next Wednesday. I'm going to be doing a whole lot of nothing, so I'll have loads of time to play and do stuff. I'm pretty excited about it!

That's all I've got to post about from this weekend. Fingers crossed that I can manage to get things done IRL this week so I can play in Fujimori after, lol.

Back