• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Frustrated, trying to get perfect town

riannon

Bells
Okay so, I have been trying to get a perfect town for literally forever. I've had this game since 2014 and I still have not achieved perfect town. I have way over 75 flowers, over 110 trees, no garbage, 10 villagers etc. I have over 10 public works projects, (17!!) including the following
-2 bridges, (3 total) one modern and one stone
-coffee shop
-campsite
-flower bed
-fence
-zen bell
-lighthouse
-windmill
-zen clock
-park clock
-fire hydrant
-yellow bench
-instrument shelter
-fountain
-statue fountain
-water well

I have no idea what I'm expected to do at this point. From what I can tell, none of the PWP I have created are the kind that have a negative citizen satisfaction association, and I even have the windmill which is known to make getting a perfect town easier. When speaking with Isabelle, they say my town is "so-so" , has a "good balance between natural and developed areas" but they want me to make more PWP. I have no idea what to do at this point. I've heard so much conflicting information from so many different forums and guides. Some say that the amount of PWP you need is based on how many trees and flowers your town has, but others say that PWP are classified in different categories, and you have to have a balanced amount of the two or three different ones. Others say to have a balanced amount of spruce, fruit, normal, and bamboo trees. I just feel very overwhelmed, and I don't know what PWP I should be building or demolishing now , or if it's somehow a problem with my nature aspect, idk.

My best guess is that you have over 200 trees or a bamboo infestation.

Also keep in mind, "no trash" also means things you may just set out. Have a pile of bells sitting outside your house? Or a tee-shirt you didn't want at the moment? That counts as "trash" too.

The good news is that you can quickly fix this stuff. I went from "so-so" to a perfect town this morning after chopping down three trees to get under 200.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Don't listen to those people, they're clearly confusing things wayy to much. I've had the game since it came out and PWP has nothing to do with fruits or trees in your town, that's completely off. Their each in their own category. Trees, flowers, and PWP. Thats 3 seperate categories so don't worry about that. Though, if you have too many trees, over the recommended amount, then that might me the cause. Also, even if you have ore, money, or anything else on your ground, remove it because it counts as trash and puts a negative effect on your town. Weeds of course too, but I'm sure you know that. For a clear explanation I suggest searching up a YouTuber named SimplyPressStart on YouTube and type "How to get a perfect town" . She explains it quite clearly in her video and it might help you see what's going on or why you're not getting the perfect town rating. Also, you don't need a diverse amount of trees. I only have fruit trees in my town and I've kept my perfect town rating for a long time now. You don't even need bamboo. Some people on here are giving false information. I hope this helped. Good luck on getting the perfect town rating!

Last edited:
Yeah, I would guess it's probably too many trees as well. I've had perfect town status forever, but I'm finally getting close to finishing my town and I noticed I lost perfect town status. As an experiment, I cut down a tree. The next day, my status was perfect again. So make sure you don't have more than 200 trees/bamboo. Tree stumps, cut bamboo, and bushes don't count towards that total.

If that's not it, the only other thing I can think of is stuff lying around your town. It doesn't have to be trash. It could be decorative or gifts for guests. But if you have anything like that lying around (fruit, seashells, items, etc) pick it up and see if that helps.

Good luck!

I don’t think bells and tools count as trash on the ground actually. I have had perfect town status just long enough to get that gold watering can now and I’ve had 3-4 tools outside my house for weeks and a bag of bells on the ground for a few days cause I’m too lazy to switch to my other character (they’re for her) haha

I leave my wetsuit, megaphone, toy hammer thing, and golden axe outside my house for quick access without taking up inventory space.

Don't listen to those people, they're clearly confusing things wayy to much. I've had the game since it came out and PWP has nothing to do with fruits or trees in your town, that's completely off. Their each in their own category. Trees, flowers, and PWP. Thats 3 seperate categories so don't worry about that. Though, if you have too many trees, over the recommended amount, then that might me the cause. Also, even if you have ore, money, or anything else on your ground, remove it because it counts as trash and puts a negative effect on your town. Weeds of course too, but I'm sure you know that. For a clear explanation I suggest searching up a YouTuber named SimplyPressStart on YouTube and type "How to get a perfect town" . She explains it quite clearly in her video and it might help you see what's going on or why you're not getting the perfect town rating. Also, you don't need a diverse amount of trees. I only have fruit trees in my town and I've kept my perfect town rating for a long time now. You don't even need bamboo. Some people on here are giving false information. I hope this helped. Good luck on getting the perfect town rating!

You know, it's incredibly rude to tell others to disregard other people's comments. Especially when those are comments are in fact telling the truth. They've given constructive help that may help the OP.

Agree with the others--first check your tree count; include palm trees on beach, mature bamboo, and "dead" perfect fruit trees. Bushes, saplings, bamboo shoots, and stumps do not count.

I used Liquefy's ACNL FAQ to get my "perfect town" ratings:

The perfect town rating depends on three general areas:
1) cleanliness
2) abundant nature
3) abundant living

"Cleanliness":
1) less than 10 weeds (-1 point for each above ten)
2) less than 10 items on the ground (counting perfect fruit, but not counting seashells, regular fruit, flowers, mushrooms, or the "usual" buried items (fossils, gyroids, Pitfall Seeds)) (-1 point for each above 10)
3) no garbage (Empty Can, Boot, Old Tire, Spoiled Turnips) (-3 points for each)
4) no Rafflesia (-30 points)

"Abundant nature":
1) appropriate number of trees (bushes, newly planted saplings and bamboo don't count); "dead" trees (perfect fruit trees that have lost their leaves) do count) (-1 point for each less than 110) (-1 point for each above 200)
2) many flowers (not counting wilting) (+1 point for 51 to 75) (+25 points if more than 75)
3) high Nature Points from built Public Works

"Abundant living":
Your PWPs looked fine--lots of abundant living points:
-2 bridges, (3 total) one modern and one stone (largely increase abundant living points x 3)
-coffee shop (largely increase abundant living points)
-campsite (greatly increase abundant living points)
-flower bed (largely increase nature points)
-fence (slightly increase abundant living points)
-zen bell (slightly increase abundant living points)
-lighthouse (largely increase abundant living points)
-windmill (slightly increase nature points)
-zen clock (slightly increase abundant living points)
-park clock (slightly increase abundant living points)
-fire hydrant (largely increase abundant living points)
-yellow bench (largely increase abundant living points)
-instrument shelter (slightly increase abundant living points)
-fountain (slightly increase abundant living points)
-statue fountain (slightly increase abundant living points)
-water well (slightly increase abundant living points)

Hope you get your perfect town rating soon.

I'll be interested to see if after you make any of these changes if it helps. I know for me, after I picked up everything off of the floor (including everything!) that was when my perfect town status happened. It also seemed like it was also important to have relationships will all of the villagers because they said they felt "comfortable living with me as the Mayor." So idk, everyone has already said what needs to be said. Keep us updated! You'll get it soon.

making sure i had the required amount of trees/flowers/PWPs was a big step in making sure i got my perfect town status. if you keep on getting denied perfect town status, i would suggest recounting. hope this helps ^-^

Back