Cheryll

im awkward
Bells
Blue Star Fragment
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
ど
ぶ
つ
Hey! Its me, again... For now, I'm gonna examine and give some random examinations on fruit in ACNL.
Okay...
Apple (赤いリンゴ) (사과) *Okay, I'll stop flexing Japanese and Korean
An apple seems to be a Fuji Apple to most people due to its red color and Japan. I kinda agree, though a yellow marking on the bottom of the apple seems to throw me off. Sure, Fuji Apple have yellow, but its usually yellow stripes. Okay, that's that. A perfect apple looks like a Red Delicious to me due to the spots and purely darker red tone all over the apple. Okay okay. Apparently, according to my bug notes, bell crickets and grasshoppers love apples. Ants love nasty rotten apples. I recommend apples planted at spring to fall as the red color can fit anywhere.

Orange
An orange looks like a regular Heirloom Navel due to its thick, round, orange skin. Most people will say its different though, so tell me what you think. The perfect looks like a tangelo, a hybrid citrus fruit. The top part sticks out and has more red though is mostly orange. No bugs like it. :[ I recommend oranges planted at spring to fall as that orange color sticks out at spring and summer and fits in autumn. Tangy (cat) seems to look like a tangerine, as a tangerine is almost the same color with a leaf on top. Her name is a play on that or the flavor which can be tangy.

Peach
The peach looks like a Japanese peach, also called momo. OVO No, not that Momo. Huge bakkae motae--- No, not that Momo either. Since it looks like a bottom [owo] and the light pink color. The perfect peach looks like a Peach Pie Peach. It is not really the same shape, more like a persimmon but the color is an almost identical yellow. No bugs eat it. :[ Come on! Its sweet and you know they wanna eat boot---, I mean Boots. I recommend peaches planted at winter to spring since the lighter colors match the snow and sakura blossoms. Perfect peaches can be planted at autumn as well.

Pear
The pear looks like a Tosca pear as it is green with a certain shape of a bag. The perfect...it looks like a Bosc pear since it has the same shape and is more brownish-yellow in color. My only problem is, I think perfect pears should be Asian pear. The Bosc pear looks unappetizing so many people dislike pears for that. Hopefully in New Horizons, if they bring perfect fruit back, it will be an Asian pear. No bugs eat it, though some people say the cricket eats a pear rather than a Granny Smith Apple. I recommend pears planted at spring to summer since the green colors match the current season. Greens can possibly be planted at winter if you'd think they'll fit. Perfect pears could be planted at autumn from the changing colors.

Cherry
The cherry looks like a Utah Giant due to the thick red color and darkness. The perfect cherries look like a Rainier Cherry from the red transverse to yellow. I really love the Rainier Cherry look, better than the others. No bugs eat it. I recommend cherries planted at summer to autumn as the bright red stands out from the green and matches at autumn, especially November. Perfect cherries can be planted at spring, makes it look incredibly vibrant.

Mango
The mango in ACNL looks like a Zillate mango due to the red on yellow. I don't like mangoes but since I'm Asian, of course my parents are gonna get mango. No bugs eat it. I recommend mangoes planted at spring to autumn since, like the others mentioned before, it will stick out in spring to summer and blend in during autumn.

Lychee
The lychee in ACNL looks like a Hak Ip lychee due to red color and roundness. Again, me being Asian, my parents got these, a lot less than mangoes. No bugs eat it. That hard layer outside just sucks to peel off. I recommend planting lychees at summer, since that red color goes incredibly well with summer leaves. To me, spring and autumn oddly doesn't appeal to my eyes.

Lemon
The lemon in ACNL looks like a Meyer lemon which cannot be said easily as it is really hard to tell what type of lemon it is. I heard people say it was a Yuzu however, it is less round than a real life yuzu. No bugs eat it and I recommend autumn to winter as the light yellow colors can blend with the autumn leaves and snow. Don't eat yellow snow, it's not lemonade in my town.

Durian
If you like durians, massive respect for you. How does my parents and my Filipino friend handle that smell and taste? Anyway, the durian in ACNL looks like D24. Some people saw it looks like a Hor Lor Durian, and I say, "Ho Lor, this is crazy." So, this was hard as usually durian was green and so it was hard to find a specific brown color with a specific shape. I said screw it, do D24. No bugs eat it, of course. I don't have an actual time to place durians with seasons. For this fruit, do anything.

Persimmon
The persimmon in ACNL looks like a Fuyu persimmon as it is bright orange with a distinct crushed apple shape. I'm overall okay eating persimmon. No bugs eat persimmon and I recommend growing these at autumn for the perfect picture taking. I recommend a forest and having all the fruits I mentioned to go in autumn and sit on a zen bench.

Coconut
The coconut in ACNL looks like a Catigan Green Dwarf coconut due to the green color and roundish shape. I've never tried coconut so I don't know what it tastes like. No bugs eat coconut with the exception of coconut crabs. Even though they don't show that in Doubutsu no Mori E+, they do eat coconuts in real life. I recommend them all year, mostly in summer as it gets you in that beach-y theme.

Banana
The banana in ACNL looks like a Lady Finger banana due to the bright thick yellow skin along with the faint green tips on the top. Bananas are what I eat when I feel like it. No bugs eat this. I recommend planting this around spring to fall as they feel more summer-y than coconuts.

Misc.
Furniture
I noticed a lot of furniture has fruit in them, some not even in the game. I'll just briefly mention all of them.
*Fruit Basket - A bit hard to see, but a grape is present along with an apple, banana, potato, nectarine and an Asian pear. [most are purely my guess]
*Cornucopia - Even more hard to see, but a pumpkin is clearly present
*Birthday Cake - 6 strawberries are present on the cake
*Dessert Case - On the bottom part, cupcakes with strawberries are present

Last edited:
Looks like you've done some research here! It was a nice read, thank you. I even looked up the mentioned names to see if they're identical to the game's counterpart. If I may ask, can you do some research on what kind of citrus fruit Tangy is? I feel like a debate could open up just for fun!

Ah ok! I should add stuff about villagers, not random stuff like if the bugs eat it? Sure, she looks like some yellow citrus fruit so I'll look into that.

A very interesting read, when I read "The perfect cherries look like a Rainier Cherry from the red transverse to yellow" I had to look it up because cherries are my native fruit, I thought "Wow, they do look alike!" Thanks for writing this in lengthy detail. I love reading trivias like these.
^-^

It's amazing how much research you're doing for getting these information. Thanks for that!
I don't know much about different types of fruits IRL, so it's interesting to look them up and
compare them.

Wow! I had to look up rainer cherries too because I was curious and they do look alike! This was so detailed and I love reading about this. One of my favorite things about Animal Crossing is how everything from the bugs to the fruit is based off of real things in real life. Thanks for doing the research on this! It was awesome to read! :D

Oh wow, I had never really put in the thought that regular and perfect versions of the fruit would be based off of real fruit. Very informative and neat!

Thanks everyone. :] To be honest, I really don't like most of the tropical fruits there. I'm more of a temperate fruit person. More of apples, pears and oranges. :3

Thanks everyone. :] To be honest, I really don't like most of the tropical fruits there. I'm more of a temperate fruit person. More of apples, pears and oranges. :3

Same with me. I don't eat a lot of fruits, but I do love apples and oranges. :)

I love these guides so much! Keep up the great work! You’re awesome!

By the way, to me perfect pear looks like a potato! And that makes me happy, cause who doesn’t love potatoes? Potatoes are great! I love perfect pears.
I wish I had those. But my town fruits is the butt...the peach. Peach.

Last edited:
Looks like you've done some research here! It was a nice read, thank you. I even looked up the mentioned names to see if they're identical to the game's counterpart. If I may ask, can you do some research on what kind of citrus fruit Tangy is? I feel like a debate could open up just for fun!

I feel like Tangy is a tangerine, as it's very similar to her name, but to me she looks more like a yuzu! (More specifically because the colors are more similar.) Tangys color is orange, but it's more on the yellow side. It's like a golden kinda color, if that makes sense? This leads me away from tangerine (they're very orange) and more to yuzu :blush:

Back