Friendship bracelets (& other handmades)!

Bells
Switch
1930-4077-2035
Yep, with some inspiration from Dawnpiplup and Stella-Io on here that made some bomb ass bracelets (feel free to re-post, otherwise theirs are in random thoughts thread) I decided to try make my own stuff! Still very noob and beginner but I'm pretty proud of my own ones;

dWO29k5.png

LA5zkd0.png
^made into a bracelet

CzqudJJ.png

qYjceGn.png
^put it on my keychain

The 'string' here refer to have many pieces/strings of yarn you use. I recommend starting with 2 or 4 if you haven't done it at all before, otherwise you can basically use how many you want depending on how wide and what pattern you might wanna try. Mine are very basic forward/backward knots but yeah this video will show you the four knots most used;

Good video for noobs like me;

Feel free to post other handmade jewelry as well!

Also, here a good video if you want to try rainbow ones, kindly provided by Dawnpiplup:

Very nice! I used to make these a lot when I was in elementary and middle school, I actually still have a lot of my string from back then so seeing this kind of makes me want to make some again! Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes a thread!

tumblr_py7vba7KNV1y11jeao1_400.jpg

I've already posted my friendship style bracelets but I realized I made more. Idk what technique the rainbow one is in. The braided bracelets I braided myself using a premade kit (the bracelets has 2 slits in it already). I think I have more bracelets too. I was really into making bracelets.

Oh yes a thread!

tumblr_py7vba7KNV1y11jeao1_400.jpg

I've already posted my friendship style bracelets but I realized I made more. Idk what technique the rainbow one is in. The braided bracelets I braided myself using a premade kit (the bracelets has 2 slits in it already). I think I have more bracelets too. I was really into making bracelets.

Ahhh so beautiful! I love those leather(?) ones!! Also yeah the rainbow is soo beautiful!

@Kuriboh and Hatori; most welcome, feel free to share, or ask and I'll try to answer :) Also it's not too difficult once you get the hang of the knots, I'd say the two first you basically have to know, the two last is for different purposes and can be used as well. The rainbow patter is actually p easy, just be consequent that you don't mess up a color or it'll look weird :p

Here's my rainbow try; should have tightened the knots sine I made it into a bracelet but still good for first try!

XbqZtLt.jpg

also not the best yarn but I like it!

Also yeah don't use fuzzy/wool/fake wool yarn if you're making bracelets, they can get pretty gross and sloppy while wet...

Also yeah don't use fuzzy/wool/fake wool yarn if you're making bracelets, they can get pretty gross and sloppy while wet...

Oh yeah totally, even using yarn to make a basic chain stitch, if it gets rubbed over and over again it starts to get really fuzzy and messy. Same with embroidery floss, atleast when that gets wet you can make it stay together a bit my forcing it between your fingers. I've heard of people using a top coat clear nail polish at the ends of embroidery floss to keep the ends from fraying, I've never done that thou.

(Just general advide for others) If the bracelets made of embroidery floss gets wet, it could be dried out. If the knots are tight it keeps it more durable as well.

Last edited:
Oh yeah totally, even using yarn to make a basic chain stitch, if it gets rubbed over and over again it starts to get really fuzzy and messy. Same with embroidery floss, atleast when that gets wet you can make it stay together a bit my forcing it between your fingers. I've heard of people using a top coat clear nail polish at the ends of embroidery floss to keep the ends from fraying, I've never done that thou.

(Just general advide for others) If the bracelets made of embroidery floss gets wet, it could be dried out. If the knots are tight it keeps it more durable as well.

Yeah, indeed. Never heard of polish but if you got some skills you can use regular shirt button to close it together and it will last longer is my guess (I can provide a photo later if desired).

Yeah, indeed. Never heard of polish but if you got some skills you can use regular shirt button to close it together and it will last longer is my guess (I can provide a photo later if desired).

I like the shirt button idea! I usually make a loop knot at one end and a basic knot at the other end when I'm done to act as my closer. Sometimes I need to use a safety pin to ensure the knot doesn't accidentally come out of the loop. That and I just want extra security for my bracelet endings, I would be upset if I lost it out on public.

I like the shirt button idea! I usually make a loop knot at one end and a basic knot at the other end when I'm done to act as my closer. Sometimes I need to use a safety pin to ensure the knot doesn't accidentally come out of the loop. That and I just want extra security for my bracelet endings, I would be upset if I lost it out on public.

Yeah, I can provide a picture of some bracelets an old co-worker made for me before to give you and other an idea.. And yeah I do a bit different, depends on how I made the bracelet. Loop knots are a bit tricky to stick (imo) so they don't fall off for me so I just tie them til they stuck aha.

Oh you went ahead and made it, nice. The last friendship bracelet I remember having a purple channel, but considering the uniqueness I might be wrong on it.

Oh you went ahead and made it, nice. The last friendship bracelet I remember having a purple channel, but considering the uniqueness I might be wrong on it.

Yeah might do another rainbow one though and close it better, this one just ended up being a bit loose to wear ;L

and yhea purple sounds real cool, i need to make more purple!

also i'll upload the button close things later when on phone

- - - Post Merge - - -

image0.jpg

here's how my former co-worker closed them up although that might work better for thinner yarn

I've done that rainbow one! It's easy once you get the hang of it but you have to make sure you pull tight or you have gaps. That's what happened to mine haha.

Was the first one in the OP called the chinese staircase? I've done that one before but it didn't look as good as yours haha.

I've done that rainbow one! It's easy once you get the hang of it but you have to make sure you pull tight or you have gaps. That's what happened to mine haha.

Was the first one in the OP called the chinese staircase? I've done that one before but it didn't look as good as yours haha.

Yeah, I noticed with my yarn it's a bit easy to get gaps but it was the cheapest I could get ..otherwise they are way too overpriced!

If you are referring to the one with two strings, no idea what they are called, I just practiced backward and forward knots :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

ty tho <3

Oooh !! Very cute ! Friendship bracelets are really awesome, I?m really bad at making them so I personally don?t really use anything that is braided, I just use beads as it?s easier ;___; . The ones you made a really nice, I use regular string to make keychains, and I use the more waxy material type of string to make braided bracelets as it?s easier to fold in on one another !

OLLdBHx.jpg

When I had the time as a youngin', I made kandi. But of course you're meant to give away kandi so this isn't all of it lol, just ones I really like. :lemon: Gir's face glows in the dark btw.

Back