• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

First time going back to AC:NH to play again and....

Biancasbotique

Sweet Feather
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Sweet Feather
Red Candy
You realize that Whooa! I did all of that? I don't even know how I did that!

When I saw my house for the first time in almost two years or so. I was like whooa . I did all of that?? It looks really nice in the inside. I love it again!!

Did you get that feeling too when you played it again after years?

I often drop New Horizons for a few months then go back. (It isn’t just NH, I’ve done it with every AC since you need a break sometimes.)

Sometimes I think my decor is either too cluttered or doesn’t fit right. Then when I step a way for a while I realize it isn’t that bad. It can be pretty overwhelming but always appreciate your hard work.

I got that feeling when i started my second island and got overwhelmed with designing it. I cant believe i was able to decorate a whole island!

When I try to play again, I just get depressed at how slow it is to change anything. Especially after playing something like Dreamlight Valley, where you can freely move things anywhere or even put entire sections in storage.

Honestly, if Nintendo just released one update that gave people a "blow up island" option...where you kept all of your items and upgraded buildings, but they were put in a temporary storage while your whole island was flattened...and then you could place them anywhere instantly without waiting a whole day for each one...I really think that would go a long way in making players return.

As it stands, I'm less "impressed" with what I was able to accomplish and more reminded of half-finished projects that I gave up on out of sheer tedium...and I hate that I feel that way, because I do genuinely still love the game and want to play it. I just...cannot be bothered with most of my unfinished concepts.

For me it was the exact opposite when I saw my old island after not playing for months back in 2021 I was like "OMG what in the world was I thinking? This looks so bad!"

I won't play for a few days then I log back in and I am like when did I design or place that? Or I will find random furniture around my island from the last time I was playing and did not get to put it back haha :)

Just random items dumped around my island especially my tools if my pockets are full and I am trying to design something I just drop my tools to allow more room but then I forget about them and never come back :p

Going back with a fresh pair of eyes is always so good to do. I always leave like a room for a day and then decide if I need to redo it cause I always think everything I do looks terrible. People make the prettiest stuff and I feel like mine always looks so -boring- comparatively

Back