• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

February Update 1.8.0 Now Available!

Rosch

*honk honk*
Bells
Rebel Gnome
Rebel Gnome
Rebel Gnome
Rebel Gnome
Rebel Gnome
The latest update to the game is now available. I've downloaded it.

If the game doesn't auto update, you can manually update the game by selecting the game's icon and pressing the '+' button. Select 'Software Update', then select 'Via the Internet'.

Bonbori Lantern isn't there!

Just the Hinaningyo.

It was officially stated that the lantern and doll stands cycle. Check again tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

The free wallpaper is called the "Mushroom Mural".

Still no batch crafting. Still no batch purchase from the Able Sisters. Nothing hidden at the Nook's Cranny or Nook Miles.

Other items such as Mario furniture, are indeed time-locked.

Last edited:
2021022420131500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I love it!

It finally found the update and downloaded it, but it took a while for it to download all of the update. Seems weird that the other updates were so quick and this one took mine so long when it's just supposed to be items.

It finally found the update and downloaded it, but it took a while for it to download all of the update. Seems weird that the other updates were so quick and this one took mine so long when it's just supposed to be items.
Part of this update was probably prepping for the others coming later this month if I had to guess. We'll likely end up having a good bit of content by the time the month is finished.

Part of this update was probably prepping for the others coming later this month if I had to guess. We'll likely end up having a good bit of content by the time the month is finished.
That's what I was thinking. This feels like the update was way too lengthy for just a handful of items. I don't want to get my hopes up though.

There is a new DIY Recipe and it's the Shamrock Wand. You shoot it down from a balloon.

Datamine also claims that "There will be another game update before easter around 4 days before bunny day."

I know this is confusing but while Easter isn't until April 4th, the game considers March 24th as the start of Bunny Day 2021. Makes sense considering the whole event lasts 12 days long. Also, 4 days before that is March 20th, which is the game anniversary. I could be wrong in understanding all of this, but the fact is that there's an update on March.

Last edited:
There is a new DIY Recipe and it's the Shamrock Wand. You shoot it down from a balloon.

Datamine also claims that "There will be another game update before easter around 4 days before bunny day."

I know this is confusing but while Easter isn't until April 4th, the game considers March 24th as the start of Bunny Day 2021. Makes sense considering the whole event lasts 12 days long. Also, 4 days before that is March 20th, which is the game anniversary. I could be wrong in understanding all of this, but the fact is that there's an update on March.

I'm really confused how they'd be able to speculate about the date of the next update based on the local game files, but it's interesting to know. 🤔

Not too excited about the wand, to be honest, I already have plenty of those to pick from (and the other shamrock items were all known, from that one screenshot). I guess I'll just wait until March to really try getting excited about the update, haha.

I did notice my snowballs appearing in a place I have never seen them appear before. They're in the middle of a large patch of pavement near my RS, with the nearest open snow quite a distance away. Not sure if the update had to do with it.

I'm really confused how they'd be able to speculate about the date of the next update based on the local game files, but it's interesting to know. 🤔

Not too excited about the wand, to be honest, I already have plenty of those to pick from (and the other shamrock items were all known, from that one screenshot). I guess I'll just wait until March to really try getting excited about the update, haha.
I tried asking how it was determined but I haven't gotten an answer yet.

I tried asking how it was determined but I haven't gotten an answer yet.
I'd take it with a grain of salt. From what I've read Nintendo has been making an effort to make it more difficult to datamine so we're probably fortunate we know what we do.

Really another wand? Come on! How many of them do we need? They all work the same way!

Back