• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

February Update 1.8.0 Now Available!

There is a new DIY Recipe and it's the Shamrock Wand. You shoot it down from a balloon.

Datamine also claims that "There will be another game update before easter around 4 days before bunny day."

I know this is confusing but while Easter isn't until April 4th, the game considers March 24th as the start of Bunny Day 2021. Makes sense considering the whole event lasts 12 days long. Also, 4 days before that is March 20th, which is the game anniversary. I could be wrong in understanding all of this, but the fact is that there's an update on March.
Available now...the wand?

Huh, I wonder why the wand has a "buy" value per the datamine? Probably nothing important just curious.

Also I used to think we had too many wands... But then it was pointed out that the Mushroom Wands can be placed as furniture and those look amazing. I assume others do too, given the right spots haha.

I got excited for a minute because I saw somewhere that the update "added 4 new events" but then I slowly realized that those "events" were just the days you could buy themed items.

Datamine also claims that "There will be another game update before easter around 4 days before bunny day."
Ah, yes... We have an update announcement that the next update announcement will be next month - and that the announcement will be about the next update announcement after that! Repeat month after month, and without us even knowing it, the next Animal Crossing game will have already been released!

Sorry, I couldn't help it. x)

A correction and clarification regarding the bit on the aforementioned March update. Dodocodes has updated the said statement with a new one:

"Bunny Day is currently exclusive to 2020, so in order for there to be a Bunny Day in 2021, Nintendo would have to release another game update. It could be a minor update, like 1.8.1 for example."

Guess it's just speculation after all. Well, a speculation supported by fact.
I still have hopes for a big anniversary update though. And I'm ready to be disappointed once again by my own expectations.

Why is Nook's Cranny still decorated for winter and selling winter special items?
Is it going to change on March 1st?

It's still winter in the north until the month ends.
Ah yes of course. I forgot it followed the actual calendar dates to change.
I'm so much out of "Christmas/Winter" spirit now that it's 19° and sunny outside here in France that I sometimes forget we are still officially in winter...😆

Im glad the snow is finally away from my island. Must admit the new wallpaper ur giving is pretty cool be interesting to see what Mario items we get looking forward to the pipes.

A correction and clarification regarding the bit on the aforementioned March update. Dodocodes has updated the said statement with a new one:

"Bunny Day is currently exclusive to 2020, so in order for there to be a Bunny Day in 2021, Nintendo would have to release another game update. It could be a minor update, like 1.8.1 for example."

Guess it's just speculation after all. Well, a speculation supported by fact.
I still have hopes for a big anniversary update though. And I'm ready to be disappointed once again by my own expectations.
I wouldn't mind if Bunny Day isn't such a big thing this year and instead we would get something like April Fool's Day with Blanca for an April update. My hopes for an anniversary update are low right now, but who knows, maybe there will be something. (Inb4 it's just a "Happy Birthday NH" cake you get per mail from Nintendo *cough*)

Ah yes of course. I forgot it followed the actual calendar dates to change.
I'm so much out of "Christmas/Winter" spirit now that it's 19° and sunny outside here in France that I sometimes forget we are still officially in winter...😆

I need to move to Europe lol. Still very much winter here in Canada so feels weird to have the snow gone in the game. At least it’s pretty (for now).

Weird. I figured it was just time locked. I wonder why Nintendo is doing it like this. I hope at some point they permanently add it to the game so we have access to it in the future after development ends.

Weird. I figured it was just time locked. I wonder why Nintendo is doing like this. I hope at some point they permanently add it to the game so we have access to it in the future after development ends.
No surprise. Most of the Mario Items and some of the Seasonal items have been time locked as well so we will have no other choice but to wait in real time to get the items.

Back