• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorites villagers, yet unpopular

naelyn

Bells
Winter Mittens
Hello! Today I got Hugh, thanks again to MochiACNL for taking the time to message me about him. He's been favorite since city folk. At first I wasn't too keen on the little dude but not long after knowing him he stole my hear.

And this got me thinking how can someone who warms me up so good be consider unpopular.

I wanna hear about other players favorites yet just happen to get the short end of the stick. :D

Wendy is my absolute favorite, and she's a higher tier than before now (tier 4?), but I don't see her appreciated as much as other peppy villagers. I don't blame them though, there's so many cute peppies.
Eunice is also adorable! I just like the sheep in general, I guess.
I have sentimental value with Pippy too. I really love her, and she was in my last town and moved out of my current town. I miss her from time to time!

I'm pretty much the same way. I love Kidd but sadly he just isn't that popular towards people. But to be fair there is about 300+ animals in the game, so I could understand why some villagers are more popular then others :)

I have lots of favorites. Most are unpopular. I'm really starting to like the chicken villagers. I only have two, and I adore them. Most people really don't care for the chickens.

Jeremiah! I love him, i'll never understand why he's not more popular haha

I believe Daisy is right in the middle of popular and unpopular and she is the best villager ever.

For some reason I tend to get more easily attached to tier 4s and tier 5s. I guess it's because I feel they need the extra love! xD One of my faves is Groucho the bear, but I never hear about anyone else having or wanting him in their town.

I have quite a few but Hugh is definitely in there. He was a starter in my current town and I have to admit I didn't even know who he was at first. Now I don't think I could let him go, his design is really interesting and his house is really nice and has a really happy feel to it.
Then there is Tabby. Normally when a villager randomly moves into my town, places their house in the worst position possible and is a personality that I didn't want multiples of I would plan to get rid of them immediately. This happened with Tabby and yet I would be distraught without her. She is just the brightest ray of sunshine in my town, and I normally don't really care for Peppies.

The other two I really like are Sterling and Hans. I honestly can't figure out why Sterling is so unpopular, he's a knight and really well designed at that plus his house is looks amazing and Hans' colour scheme is great, but I realise lots of people don't like the gorillas because of how large they are.

I have lots of favorites. Most are unpopular. I'm really starting to like the chicken villagers. I only have two, and I adore them. Most people really don't care for the chickens.

I love the chicken villagers I had two in my last town and I have one in my current and I find it really sad how horrible a lot of the acnl community is towards them, some people are really savage

Bubbles and Deli are my fave villagers and yet people think they're ugly usually. :U

Savannah she the queen <3 how much I love her
Why she unpopular she an ADORABLE ZEBRA
A ZEBRA!!!!!!!
How can an unicorn be popular then a zebra

There also other cuties that I love like
Aurora, Lionel,Shari,kitty, Rudy, Becky, Gigi and Eloise

8Q7M0mk.jpg
I like a lot of unpopular villagers but Tutu is my favorite out of the bunch.Nothin' wrong with a peppy polar bear.I'll also mention Curly,Goose,Ava,Tipper,Spork,Wart Jr. and Benjamin.

Dizzy is my fave but he doesn't get much love u.u maybe he's too plain? I agree about the chicken villagers... I love them, especially Goose and Benedict. Most of my "unpopular villagers" in my current town I came to love over time... I also get attached easily heh so most of my starters are still with me and I want them to be permanent! Like Stinky, Hazel, Pudge, and Opal.

Lionel ! he's such a babe and I love him ♡ he was always so funny nd his design is so cute

Sally! the sweetest squirrel.

Also Caroline, Cally, Ricky, Sheldon, Hazel, Tucker, Elmer, Freckles, Bill, the sheep villagers etc..
So many 'ugly' underrated villagers are my favorite.

Last edited:
For some reason I tend to get more easily attached to tier 4s and tier 5s. I guess it's because I feel they need the extra love! xD One of my faves is Groucho the bear, but I never hear about anyone else having or wanting him in their town.

Well In myour opinion, Groucho is very, very cute! Don't you think? Especially considering his name groucho and he is a bear it adds to it. In addition, I love bill. He was my first villager in animal crossing wild world and he will always be my favourite since he is just cute as! In a small amount of time, I chose to make a Farm Town. I needed one duck villager and it was a toss up between Bill, Molly and Miranda and guess what? Bill was the first thought in my head. Yet... he isn't in a high tier! I mean be has an adorable hair style and added to his size he is just cute as you can possibly get.

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 186576
I like a lot of unpopular villagers but Tutu is my favorite out of the bunch.Nothin' wrong with a peppy polar bear.I'll also mention Curly,Goose,Ava,Tipper,Spork,Wart Jr. and Benjamin.

Awww OMG! I have NEVER EVER! Seen Tutu. She has to be my second favourite unpopular. I mean I don't know a lot of villagers to be honest. But Tutu is just so cute.

Back