• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Sanrio character!

Rainbowhorn

*Bakes cookies for all villagers*
Bells
Pink Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Crystal Tree
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Purple Star Fragment
Shooting Star Plush
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
So, for some reason I feel like a lot of us here like or are at least aware of Sanrio and it's characters, and since the official Sanrio ranking vote went live recently it made me think of how many characters are there for so many people with different tastes to pick.

So yeah, this is a post to talk about them! I know I said "favorite" Sanrio character but feel free to add as many as you like (or not) and talk about what you like about them as much as you want (or not!).

I'll start, my current pfp gives it away, my favorite Sanrio character is Cinnamonroll! Not sure why, but to me is the perfect cute character Sanrio ever made. It just irradiates such cuteness and softness, he's white and fluffy like a cloud, and just as sweet as the pastries he helps serve. He's also related with soft baby blue hues and that just feels so comfy to me <3

sanrio-cinnamon-roll-and-cinnamoroll-pack.png
Then I guess a close second whould be Keroppi! I actually didn't really like him as a kid, untill one day I got a toy of him from McDonalds and he grew on me slowly untill I fell in love with him! Is nice to see an animal like a frog get treated like a cute and playful creature that can be your friend. Also, most of his official art is so good? They put so much effort into his merch and it's just adorable.

89dd10a7382648d02dda60eba6b252fb.jpg

On third place I think I'll put Marumofubiyori. I remember seeing him when he was first released and falling in love instantly. He's just so cute and comfy, I can't believe that there are so few plushies of him.

e2655498dce130e7f68263a3a0508371.jpg

Another one I really love is Mewkledreamy. Her shade of purple and the star theme she has going on is something that I really love, and her friends look super cute and soft and fluffy too!

mewkledreamy-sanrio.gif

I could go on but it'll be too long of a post so I'll just drop my honorable mentions here: Usahana (love the mismatch coloration, also cute bunny), Tuxedosam (he's so dapper), Chococat (love black cats), Sweet Coron (LOVE the art style), Noranekoland, Adorozatorumary and Taraiguma no Landry (I discovered those last three very recently and love them too)

Feel free to answer whatever way you like with your own faves!

I REALLY LOVE...

Pompompurin

Pochacco

and My Melody!

Some honorable mentions: Kuromi, Wish-me-mell, Hello Kitty, and Pekkle! :>

My friend and I are actually planning on doing a Sanrio themed panel at a convention in July! We're really excited to talk about something we're so interested in c:

I love to collect tons of Sanrio merch too ;w; I have a problem.​

My favorite Sanrio characters are:

1. Badtz-Maru My little penguin with attitude. 🖤
1682095651876.png

2. Keroppi How could I not love such an adorable little frog? 💚
1682096507134.png

3. Jinbe-San Whale shark! 'Nuff said. 💙
1682096346858.png

4. Retsuko (Aggretsuko) Especially in season 1, Retsuko was me. 🧡
1682096924317.png

5. Kuromi This little imp has stolen my heart. 💜
1682097301338.png

i automatically love this thread because i get to infodump about stuff nobody in my irl circle gives a damn about.

in case it wasn't EXTREMELY obvious by my current profile icon and my signature, my favorite character as of now is U*SA*HA*NA! i just love her design, it's adorable. she's adorable.
some of my other favorite characters are hello kitty, the sugarbunnies (kurousa and shirousa but MOSTLY shirousa), wish me mell, retsuko, masyumaro, bonbonribbon and the little star twins! the newest character, adoroza, is cute too!

Last edited:
I'd have to go with Cinnamoroll! I remember reading Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll at the library. He's just so cute! I want to buy them but they're hard to find and when you do find them, they're $100 a book, no thanks lol.

I also love Hello Kitty too. I have Hello Kitty themed chopsticks and jewellery box that my Dad got me when he went to Japan. I recently bought a Hello Kitty themed skater bento box to match the chopsticks for lunch time!

I'd have to go with Cinnamoroll! I remember reading Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll at the library. He's just so cute! I want to buy them but they're hard to find and when you do find them, they're $100 a book, no thanks lol.

I also love Hello Kitty too. I have Hello Kitty themed chopsticks and jewellery box that my Dad got me when he went to Japan. I recently bought a Hello Kitty themed skater bento box to match the chopsticks for lunch time!
i love cinnamoroll too ^^ i have all 5 fluffy fluffy cinnamoroll comics :3

I was only really introduced to Sanrio through the AC crossover - I never knew how many characters there were! For me though, I think Keroppi is my favorite. 🐸🐸🐸
Den Den the snail only makes him more adorable!

I liked Badtz-Maru when I was in middle school, though I haven't paid much mind to Sanrio since then. I remember buying a Badtz-Maru CD case, wallet chain, and wallet from a Japan imports store when I was around 12 and thought they were the coolest things, haha.

I actually still have the CD case!

Cinnamoroll wins by a hair against pompompurin because I've seen cinnamoroll fly with his ears and that's too cute. I love pompompurin alot though.
I think I saw somewhere that gudetama is part of sanerio, so he's third for me because he is humorous.

I haven't learned all of the characters (There's quite a lot!) but out of the ones I know, my favorite is Cinnamoroll. Even then I still don't know a lot about him besides basic information like that he's a dog that can fly with his ears. I used to mistake him for a bunny, lol. He's cute!

My first favorite is the good ol classic Hello Kitty, I have a plushie collection of her that is pretty large (imo) it's in storage tho or sadly i'd show it off ;-;
2nd fave is Twin Stars because I had ceramic figurines of them when I was a child, so they're nostalgic for me.
AND 3rd place would be Coro Chan, I just love bears so yeah :~)

Where's Mr_Keropi ? hehe

I love Retsuko, and her anime is amazing. I love how she's portrayed as an adult woman trying to get by on a world she struggles to find her place in, can relate to her struggle very much. Not to mention she's an adorable red Panda. I also really love Choco cat, I had numerous black cats growing up and I think they're super underrated.

1682127673676.png

#1. Pochacco (Snoopy 2.0). He's just a cutie?? Might have him tied with #2

1682128163144.png

#2. Jinbesan.. Didn't realize this king existed until LadyDestani's post. Whale sharks are awesome and amazing

1682127896658.png

#3. Monkichi. I just learned of his existence and I think he is great!

1682127763678.png

#4. Cinnamoroll. Especially when doing sick tricks on a skateboard, that's pretty sweet

1682128011598.png

#5. Hello Kitty... the queen herself. I bought a Hello Kitty wallet in 2013 and I'm STILL USING IT, 10 years later!! It's still in pretty good condition!!!

#6/POSSIBLY EVEN #1.
How could I forget?!
1682128633763.png

YALL KNOW THIS IS MY TYPE OF THREAD LOL
I LOVE KEROPPI HE MOST. He my favorite for so many years! My second would be Sweet Coron or maybe Tuxedo Sam! OHHH THE STRAWBERRY KING…. I love too many owo soxkoekmeekdk CHOCOCATTT

Back