• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Favorite Mario Series

Which Mario series do you like most?

• Total voters
3D Mario
This is my favorite Mario series for sure! Super Mario 64 is my favorite childhood game, and I also loved Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and Odyssey! Super Mario 3D World (+ Bowser's Fury) was really good as well, although it's a bit of a different style from the others in this group. Even outside of Mario games, I think this is just one of my favorite game series in general

2D Mario
I do like 2D Mario a lot too. I've been playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder, and I'm enjoying it so far. I've played most, if not all, 2D Mario games at some point, and I've at least had fun while playing all of them.

Mario Kart
To be honest, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the only Mario Kart game I've ever owned. I may have played the others here and there, but they never interested me that much. I do enjoy 8, but I don't play it very much these days

Paper Mario
I've never played a Paper Mario game, but I'll probably get The Thousand-Year Door when the Switch remake comes out! It's a series I've always had some interested in trying out, but never got around to, so this will be a good opportunity!

Mario & Luigi
I've only played a bit of Paper Jam, so I don't have much knowledge on the series

Mario Party
From the ones I've played, I love the old games, especially 3, but there are some games in the series that I didn't enjoy quite as a much, such as Super Mario Party. I'd probably like Superstars, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to actually buying it

Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and Wario
I haven't played any of these

Luigi's Mansion
I loved the first game when I was younger, and I also loved the third game. The second game wasn't as fun for me though. There's going to be a remake for it on the Switch, and I don't plan to get it. I still have it for my 3DS, but I haven't played it in a long time

Yoshi
I've played Yoshi's New Island, Woolly World, and Crafted World. I loved Woolly World; it was so cute and fun! I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. I also have the Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World version for the 3DS. Crafted World was fine, but a bit of a letdown compared to Woolly World. New Island was okay

Donkey Kong
I think the only Donkey Kong game I really played at all was Tropical Freeze. I enjoyed it, but I'd have to play more games in order to get a good idea of how I feel about the series in general

Back