• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Nintendo Franchises?

What Are Your Favorite Nintendo Franchises?

• Total voters

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Note: I've tried fitting as many franchises as I could, but there's only so much room, so apologies if I left out some pretty important ones.
Also, I put "Mario (All Games)" for simplicity because there's just... SO. MUCH. MARIO. In that category includes Mario spin-offs like Mario Kart, Mario Party, WarioWare, Luigi's Mansion, etc.

Nintendo has a large selection of games from multiple different franchises of theirs. Which ones are your favorites? Any particular reason why?

I have played quite a range of different Nintendo games, but my favorites are Animal Crossing and The Legend of Zelda. Animal Crossing is cute, casual, stress-free, and charming. Zelda has a very special place in my heart because it's one of my dad's favorite video game franchises. Honorable mentions go to the Mario series and the Wii Sports series, I have many great memories from both franchises. <3

Neat thread idea! My main five are Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Super Smash Brothers. I've played games outside of these that I've loved, but I always come back to these franchises. 💚

As an XBOX gamer who is actually currently playing on XBOX as I type this, I really like Animal Crossing. I also like Pokémon, but I don’t play that nearly as often as I used to. The only Mario games that I could get into were Mario Kart. I liked the competitive nature of them. Nintendo has some good, stress-free games. That’s how I came to appreciate Animal Crossing.

The first video game I ever played was actually a Zelda game. That’s how I got into gaming. I was very young, though, and don’t really count it. It was just a curious three-year old me fiddling with a controller.

I'd say the one that gets the most overall playtime from me is the Mario series. I just love Mario Party, Mario Kart, the Mario sports games, as well as the "story" based games like 3D World and Odyssey. I also voted for Animal Crossing, Zelda, Smash Bros. and Pokemon. It's really hard to pick a #2 because I feel like those games have a pretty even spread of my playtime combined of all the games I've played. I've definitely poured most of my hours over the recent years into Nintendo games or Nintendo consoles. I used to put much more of my time into my Xbox consoles, but those have definitely seen less playtime for sure from me.

The games I play the most are Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Kirby but I also play Mario, Pokemon, and the Wii Sports games, just not as often as my main three at the moment.

I'm not sure if Go Vacation would count as a franchise (the switch version is basically a port of the wii version) but it was a game I started playing on the wii and have played ever since. It's basically a vacation themed minigame collection but the hub world of Kawawii Island is what kept me playing for so long. I liked making characters (using miis and the in game avatars) and making up my own stories basically roleplaying with myself.

Mario will forever be in my heart because the first game I ever played that was Mario related was Super Mario 64. Legend of Zelda has a place in my heart as well as the Paper Mario series

My Big 3 are Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, and AC. Pokémon is my first love and got me into Nintendo to begin with. I branched out into other franchises like LoZ and AC around the time of Pokémon X&Y. I've also played other Nintendo games and games leased by Nintendo since then.

Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Mario (the platformers and Mario Kart) make up my top tier. But I'm also a big fan of Donkey Kong, Splatoon, and a few others that haven't shown up in many years: Pilotwings, F-Zero, and Wave Race.

Animal Crossing, Kirby, and Pokemon are my favs. Newer Pokemon games haven't been up to my standards so it's been disheartening but I still love the older games. The new Kirby game is suuuuuch a great step in the right direction and I'm happy with the franchise.

Mario- I never really liked Mario games. Mario sunshine was addicting. And Mario Kart can be fun.

Animal Crossing- obviously my voted favorite.

Zelda- I appreciate the game and what it stands for, just never was hooked on this. Played a game or two tho.

Super Smash Bros- no.

Pokèmon- I never got into it as a kid, and later I beat Pokémon 3DS with the Laura's. Sun and Moon! That was fun. Lost the game tho. I also have quite a bit of online TCG Pokémon cards but I do not play. DM me if you play that Pokémon TCG game and I'll donate whatever you're looking for.

Pikmin- what is that? Looks like a rutabaga.

Kirby- cute character, will play it when I play Mario games. Also my friend in high-school had Kirby as her last name.

Splatoon- I haven't played this. Looks edgy.

Starfox- haven't played this, seems like galactic Zelda.

Metroid- is a girl?! Played the super nintedo game. Also the ds demo.

Donkey Kong- loved it on the super nintendo, the pirate one. Seems like Mario but with monkeys.

Xenoblade Chronicles- played it briefly, seems like something I'd like.

Wii sports- kicked behind at the bowling. Does anyone like the baseball?!

Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion are my faves.

I was never really all that into Mario until I started playing the Yoshi-centric games, and later the Luigi's Mansion games. These days, I'm hesitant to buy Mario games unless Luigi is a playable character. I don't hate Mario or anything like that, I just find him a bit bland on his own.

I love the original Donkey Kong Country series, but I haven't gotten into any of the newer ones. I still replay the SNES games from time to time, even if the cartridges for 2 & 3 are on their way out...

Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Pikmin. I also chose Mario just because I love all of the spin off games. I never really enjoyed the main series and even Odyssey I disliked. They are all really creative just not my cup of tea! Animal Crossing has been an instant fave since I got New Leaf when I was a smol bean. Splatoon was also an instant bestie for me ever since I got it for my Wii U when I was little. I ALSO LOVE PIKMIN WITH ALL MY HEART. I love 3 and its my favorite but 1 and 2 are great too but 3 is just.... perfection. Nothing beats Pikmin 3 other than ACNL and Splatoon for me. Pikmin is JUST SOOO GOOD. I will honestly say that New Leaf, Splatoon 1, and Pikmin 3 are my favorite games of all time and have been for a LONG time. I just love them all so much and could go on forever about them. I still replay Pikmin 3 almost every week and have completed it so many times maybe even 50+ times at 100% and I LOVE IT. ACNL is so fun and my town is at 5K hours + now and I still love it. Splatoon 1 and 2 are so special and I love playing them! Also Mario Party and Mario Kart fun and kind of best so yeah bye :D

The best franchise for me personally is Zelda!
I've been playing for years; my first Zelda game was Spirit Tracks on the ds and it was so good (even though I was not very good at it when I first got it) and idk, just the whole story of each entry is so enjoyable and I love rediscovering Hyrule and the surrounding areas in each one. There's still a lot I have yet to play but hopefully someday I'll be able to get them all.

LoZ, AC, and Xeno are my top 3. Don't really enjoy a lot of other Nintendo franchises. Get mostly board of them. I'll play MK games the most from mario but its hard to get into the main mario games, only ever finished 3 main mario games which were all 3d platforms. I like SSBU at the beginning of any version from the series but once again i get pretty board of it in 3 months. Splatoon 2 was fun but I don't enjoy the game as much anymore because hackers being cheaters, always ending up with bad players, leveling up system, and people going afk during a match. The end

Forgot to mention FE, I'll replace Xeno with FE. Xeno is 4th place now

my favorites are animal crossing and pikmin. my first animal crossing game was new leaf and i will never forget the first time i played it, i remember seeing the video of reggie’s house tour on the eshop and i begged to go to gamestop to buy it. my second favorite is pikmin, i’ve never played any other pikmin games other than pikmin 3 but i have great memories of playing it as a wee lass with my brother. i actually used to hate that game because he asked me to play it with him all the time but i have fond memories.

I have tons of favorites. Mario, Zelda and Kirby make consistently fun games. Pokémon, despite the past few games, is still a blast. Animal Crossing is fun to return to every now and then. While I haven’t played Wii Sports in a long time, I have some fond memories of playing it with my moms. Xenoblade Chronicles is something I play very rarely, but I always enjoy my time with it (except the sequel).

I only voted for one which was Animal Crossing. I really love what they did with it in ACNH adding crafting. Other Nin franchises I really liked either fell off of the face of the Earth, or I don't like where Nintendo decided to take them.

Tbh I was tempted to vote pokemon, because I do like how they are finally making the camera fully rotatable, I heard it will be multi player?, The starters look good, and the legendaries are a big improvement from the last few games they have made. However, I'm still being skeptical until I see/learn more. I still don't like the dex issue but I understand it was an inevitable issue coming. But unless I'm mistaken, Nin appear to be favoring thier favs for the returning pokes which annoys me instead of rotating them out. I may still get it at some point if I like what I see but I'm not running the files on the switch.

I do like the older pokemon games, so there's that. And for the longest time pokemon were my favorite. And some older games still are.

I like warioland4 which I never had the opportunity to play the other warioland games that Nin abandoned but I have an interest. Maybe one day?

I like the older Zelda games. BoW just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. It's just ehh for me. But I'm happy for those who loved what Nin did with Zelda.

Other Nin games I really like are Mario party games, Mario racing games, and super smash bros. Alot of fun memories playing those with other people. I was disappointed in the lack of boards in Mario party. There was a gba Mario game that was a bunch of mini games that was fun. So I guess Mario does count, I just don't love every Mario game. For example I don't like sports games, so I don't like Mario sports games.

Not sure that it counts, but Nin published the Hamtaro games which I loved but they didn't developed them and they sadly fell off the earth.

I really like Mother3 but Nin isn't doing anything with it.

Maybe if Nintendo releases a console that actually kept up with it's games, and did stuff with some of these other games I have a large interest in, it would be worth me getting their next console. However as it stands, because of the lack of Nin games I have interest in and how Nin games are a pretty penny compared to indie games I love and how thier current system couldn't keep up with many Nin games on it and it still cost alot, I'm not getting another Nin console. And I don't like how you can't carry your digital games over to the next console via Nin account. Physical makes sense but digital does not and so much is digital these days.

Back