• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Nintendo Franchises?

What Are Your Favorite Nintendo Franchises?

• Total voters
animal crossing & mario for sure. i also love pokemon, but not really any of the recent ones on the switch :[ but i have a big love for gen 3 pokemon & sun/moon.

new leaf was my first AC game but i've been playing mario since i was a young'un.

I voted for Pokemon, AC, Mario, Kirby, and Smash. I also voted for Other, and the game series that I used there is the Dr. Mario series.

I like The Legend of Zelda. It has interesting lore and I get a bunch of nostalgia playing the old games. Second would be Animal Crossing.

I am a big Mario fan— I used to be OBSESSED with Mario Wiki when I was younger and tried to draw all these obscure characters lol. Of course I played Mario Kart, Bros. and Party, but I also really like the RPG games (Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, Inside Story etc.). Mario Odyssey was also a great game. But I also like the spin-offs, like the Luigi’s Mansion series and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

I am also a big fan of Kirby. I don’t have as many games of them, but the ones I do have are a lot of fun.

Castlevania…oh wait that’s Konami! (The characters are in Smash Bros. though?) Whatever. I think it’s a fun series with an interesting storyline— I enjoyed Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, and Dawn of Sorrow.

I love Pokémon but it’s a lot harder than I remember lol.

I’m new to Zelda and Animal Crossing, but the games I have I enjoy. I still need to finish BOTW…but I’m looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom.

I don’t care for many of them but obviously AC gets me- DK is one of my favorite series in general and other: F-Zero. Bless that series. Mother / Earthbound is pretty good as well.

I like Metroid a lot but didn’t play enough so I abstained from voting on it. I always feel like I never even played any of them, it’s weird.

I voted for:
- Mario series - I've always enjoyed any mario games ever since I was a kid
-Animal Crossing - I didn't get into Animal crossing until New Leaf but I loved it and wished that I had gotten into the series when it first came out on gamecube
-Pokemon - I do enjoy playing some pokemon games, but its not one of my top fav series
-Splatoon - My first splatoon game was Splatoon 2 because i never got the wiiU so never got to play the first one and it is one of the best games I've ever played
-Donkey Kong - My favorite Donkey kong game was Donkey kong 64 and I'm hoping that I'll get to play it again on the switch if Nintendo ever adds it to the N64 lineup
-Other - Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon - My first harvest moon game was sunshine island and fell in love with the game right off the bat. Ever since then I have always enjoyed any of the games that have come out with the series except when the two companies broke up and i tried the new Harvest moon and didn't like it as much so i stick with story of seasons. I also enjoy stardew valley as well

As a general rule, I don't really gel with most Nintendo games. I like Animal Crossing and Splatoon, but Pokémon is my #1 favourite.

I’d like to add Mega Man also to my picks.

I love that little blue dude!

I like this one series that I’ve noticed not too many talk about and that is the Touch Detective series. Only the first two games have been released outside of Japan. The dialogue is rather witty and self aware and the solutions to the puzzles are really creative and use items in ways that you would not expect. There is a spin off game for smartphones but I still say the series is a Nintendo exclusive.

For me it's Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, WarioWare, and Kirby in that order. Zelda needs to give us some more linear titles while working on their massive open world titles that being said. Pokemon of course needs to get its act together. Animal Crossing I have no complaints other than improve on things to do online with others, and WarioWare is perfect and Wario is perfect and Wario can do no wrong. I always struggle to vibe with the Mario games. They're not bad per say, especially in the gameplay department, but they don't touch the charm of many other platformers for me such as Banjo, Rayman, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, or even more obscure ones like Gex. I think Mario just struggles with having a cohesive setting, particularly in level design, outside of Sunshine. Probably why I like that one the most of Mario's. I'm probably too hard on it.

Only Donkey Kong I like is DK 64 and only Starfox I like is Starfox Adventures. Which makes sense given my gamestyle preferences above. Splatoon is online and competitive and I don't do that. Metroid is not my gamestyle. Pikmin I just haven't played. Xenoblade oversexualized the female characters in a way that felt really cringe to me and I couldn't get through the 2nd title because the character writing was so bad, which is crazy since I thought the first one was fairly good.

I voted for AC, Pokémon and Zelda. I don't really enjoy jump'n'run, but I am a fan of Mario Kart/64 too.

I remember falling in love with Animal Crossing when Wild World had a playable display at our store. What can I say? You all know and love the game too, I love cute creatures as you'll see with my other answer too.

I've always loved Link and Zelda as characters, but the old games were not that enjoyable in my eyes. I've tried many entries and I never enjoyed them enough to finish them. They're good adventure games, but not my type of game. Then Breath of the Wild released and just was ****ing amazing. I'm so glad they're making a direct sequel and don't go back to narrow gameplay. Zelda needed an ultimate game like that.

And Pokémon is just my most basic and oldest obsession. It's just iconic. I grew up playing Gold when it got released and watched the anime, but I was never really committed to the games until I played White. What an amazing game that has only been recently dethroned as my favorite mainline Pokémon game (Scarlet/Violet is a buggy mess but god does it do everything else right). Legends Arceus was also very fun, but my favorite spinoff is Mystery Dungeons. I'm currently replaying Mystery Dungeon Blue which technically I don't think I ever played the DS version of at least not til the very end. But Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky is a most play. Don't wait for a Switch release, nothing can beat the pixelated art.

Based on what my username is you can probably tell what one of the options I picked was. 😅

I obviously also picked AC because I'm on this site, but for some probably less obvious ones, there's Kirby. He's in my avatar now so you could probably also tell.

Okay, now for some that you absolutely wouldn't know just by looking at my name or avatar or signature. Pokémon is one. In fact, the 155 in my name is from a Pokémon's number in the Pokédex. I've said it here before which Pokémon it is, but if you don't know just search it up. It's one of my favorite Pokémon and probably favorite starter right next to Mudkip. The series nowadays isn't nearly as good but I'm hopeful that it will change. SSB is another one even though I've currently only played Ultimate which I really wish wasn't the case. Hopefully that changes too. Zelda is probably my least favorite favorite series, because I've only just started getting into it, but I still like it.

Back