• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Favorite less popular villager?

Honestly, all the chicken villagers. I love chickens, they're so cute! My favorites are Knox and Ken, with Goose and Plucky being honorable mentions.

Also.. My boy Hans the gorilla. HE LOOKS LIKE A YETI, HE'S SO CUTE.

I've just checked the tier list, and apparently my precious boy Alfonso is only D-tier and this deeply upsets me. I love how his catchphrase and shirt in past AC games (Idk if it got changed in NH, but I haven't seen him wearing the same shirt he's worn before) reference one of my favourite video game series, and he was absolutely adorable in the movie too. To see him so low on the tier list makes me so sad ;-;

There's a few other villagers that I really like but aren't very high on the tier list, like Rocket, Antonio, Eugene, Melba, Jacques, Rudy, Felicity... I've just realised looking through the tier list that most of my favourites are mid-low tier. Like the only exceptions are Poppy and Hazel, and even then Hazel tends to get a lot of hate lol

Like a lot of villagers in d or below are mostly there because of looks probably and maybe familiarity, there are lots of villagers who have nice personalities but do not visually appeal to many people or not many people have had them or cared much when they had them is my guess.

I sincerely and fundamentally do not get why these villagers are D-tier

- Blaire (super cute + stunningly gorgeous house - I gasped when I visited for the first time after she moved in)
- Hopper (hilarious eyebrows)
- Knox (funny crusader chicken - he looks so silly with a rain hat on top of his helmet, and he has a really cool house)
- Lionel (easily best lion and very gentlelionly)
- O'Hare (choco bunny + probably the best house in the whole game)
- Olaf (this guy is a matador anteater... he just looks hilarious)
- Pecan (squirrels are seriously the cutest species in the game and she is adorable... really don't get this one the most of all of them)
- Purrl (cute cat! nuff said!)
- Sheldon (again.... squirrels are the cutest and Sheldon makes hilarious faces when emoting due to his mouth shape. He also has an amazing house - I'm cycling him on a 2nd town to get him to his true house in my main town rn)
- Stu (super cute cow, he looks way better in person, very bright and colorful)
- Tank (way cuter in NH now!)
- Willow (shes the cutest sheep, though admittedly she looked better pre-NH)
- Rod (not even ranked! He's the most adorable mouse! He's so cute!)

Kinda makes me sad that people don't appreciate these absolute treasures.

Last edited:
There are sooo many that are cute and overlooked. If I had more spaces or could have more islands I’d have a few. I actually love Katt and want her again in NH. Biskit and Walker are adorable. Willow, Melba, Eunice, Miranda..all adorable!

There are sooo many that are cute and overlooked. If I had more spaces or could have more islands I’d have a few. I actually love Katt and want her again in NH. Biskit and Walker are adorable. Willow, Melba, Eunice, Miranda..all adorable!

I have Katt right now. If she asks to move soon I can message you.

i just skimmed the tier list so i’m not sure where these villagers stand but ive loved alfonso and cyrano since city folk! 😭 i remember when almost everyone in town had adopted alfonso’s catchphrase lmao it was so funny...i also like knox! his knight motif is really cool

- Lionel (easily best lion and very gentlelionly)

I can vouch for Lionel too. Had him in my first NL town. Was actually pretty cool. I ended up replacing him with Kyle, but Lionel is still one of my favorite smug types. His house is pretty nice too.

blaire, lionel, phoebe?, deli, tipper....

i just like em all!

even rocco and spike i think are neat!

Definitely Walt. He was one of my first villagers in New Leaf and I was pretty harsh on him at first laying pitfalls and stuff, but became my favorite! I'm surprised more people don't like him considering he's one of the only male Kangaroos and has one of the best designs out of all of them in my opinion.

My boy Roscoe is definitely my favorite lower tier villager. He is definitely one of the best crankies and deserves more love. I also really love Merry. She's gained more traction lately due to people finding out she has a double chin she's self conscious about. I never had either of them prior to New Horizons and I love them both so much now.

Jacques and Annalise. A DJ bird and an tropical horse. Weird...but both really appeal to me.

Edit: I didn’t realize Blanche fit into this group. Blanche is the best!

Last edited:
Sylvana!! She's untiered which seems reallllyyyy low. Like I know she's not that popular but i don't think she's THAT unpopular. I mean, even Violet and Jambette are tier D...

Also:
Pippy (untiered)
Ribbot (tier C)
Blaire (tier D)
Julia (tier C)
Biskit (tier C)
Blanche (tier C)
Wade (tier D)
Deirdre (tier D)
Bea (tier D)
Chadder (tier D)
Felicity (tier D)
O'Hare (tier D)
Annalise (untiered)
Big Top (untiered)
Dora (untiered)
Maggie (untiered)
Nana (untiered)
Pompom (untiered)
Raddle (untiered)
Bruce (tier C)
Dotty (tier C)
Nan (untiered)
Ed(tier D)

A lot more...of my dream villagers, only Diana is popular. Kiki and Octavian are next most popular and they're still only Tier B

People are overreacting over Pietro 🤦‍♀️
He's a pastel rainbow sheep! That's great!

Probably my OG 5 villagers! I don't know why they aren't loved. While I don't know off the top of my head what tier they're in if I remember correctly it was pretty low... Still love you all, Flo, Tank, Agent S, Dora and Weber! Had to move you out to get rid of those ugly houses!

Back