• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite ads?

First things first, since @Drawdler mentioned it in the original post, I simply must share the amazing Long Long Man series of commercials for those who haven't seen them yet. They're all included in this one video. Love this series of ads:

---

Now that that's been shared, I'll add some others that I like.

The three ads for Little Baby's Ice Cream are really memorable and delightfully unsettling.

And on a lighter(?) note, here's the US commercial for Donkey Kong Country 3:

---

As you can tell, I like the weirder stuff.

I'll be back another time with more stuff! Some creepy, some just funny and/or strange.

maybe my favorite video game cm(s) of all time. it just goes well above and beyond what one would normally expect for a commercial, while invoking the underlying sense of somber dread that persists throughout the game really well

All of the Chips Ahoy ads! I binge all of them on the daily and never want to die of cringe!

Okay, in all seriousness, any Nintendo ad from the 1990s-2000s is actually one of the most wonderfully crafted things ever made. If I was just watching TV and saw one of the ads, I wouldn’t wish I could immediately skip it. Here’s a few that I like.

It’s horrifying

I liked this one too, It use to play between the Saturday Morning cartoons that I used to watch in the 90's. This commercial is older, but I seen it then.

I used to love the Cadburys Caramel bunny adverts as a child. The first one I can remember is 2m15s. I have a little Caramel Bunny figure that I got when I was little. I still have her and to this day, Caramel bars are still my favourite chocolate bar.

Even though I don't like McDonalds, this is my favourite present advert. I love the nostalgic aspect!

Back