• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fast and Easy(ier?) Way to Kick out Villagers/Get them in boxes! (TT and Non-TT)

There is a time frame in most methods 11 am- 4pm because at those hours the villagers are most of them active and walking around the island, but they can ask at other times!

Oh, I don't TT so I guess I'll just keep ignoring villagers with thought bubbles during move-out time if I want to keep them. Might be worth adding that as an alternative since you do mention it working for non-TTers in the title.
For Non-TT you can skip the time skip part and simply press the - button and save and exit and re-enter without time skipping, and the bubble should still cycle.

Of course! Like I said, as long as you don't choose to have them leave or stay, you should be able to use the save and exit option and the bubble should stay!
omg this literally changes everything, I had no idea you could save and quit with - in the middle of a conversation! Will definitely do this from now on, as the last time I tried this I force quit and I've gotten paranoid after going through this thread lmao.

I am interested however in knowing whether you can TT back to the date where you had your last move-out bubble and get a bubble that way. I've read conflicting sources on whether or not this works.

omg this literally changes everything, I had no idea you could save and quit with - in the middle of a conversation! Will definitely do this from now on, as the last time I tried this I force quit and I've gotten paranoid after going through this thread lmao.

I am interested however in knowing whether you can TT back to the date where you had your last move-out bubble and get a bubble that way. I've read conflicting sources on whether or not this works.
From my experience, the bubble has returned when I've TT'd back to the actual date. I don't know for sure, though.

Wow, I checked my logs and Ruby asked to move out on the 26th of April and then Merengue again on the 10th of May. 15 days! Good to know I can ignore some unwanted villager’s thought bubble when it’s too early.

Wow, I checked my logs and Ruby asked to move out on the 26th of April and then Merengue again on the 10th of May. 15 days! Good to know I can ignore some unwanted villager’s thought bubble when it’s too early.

If you're seeing thought bubbles and it's before 15 days, it could still potentially be a moving out bubble. From what I've heard, 15 days is the max amount of days that will go by in between villagers wanting to move out before the bubble reappears. If you wanted to check if they're about moving out, you can always talk to them and do not pick the option for them to stay or leave and press the - button and save and exit. This will keep the bubble in cycle.

I'm asking because I've actually been researching the topic of corrupt ACNH saves on my good friend, the Internet, these past few days, and I've found no evidence of force quitting causing corrupt saves. that's why I asked you to provide evidence if you had it. idk why you have to be so defensive, I'm literally just asking you to help me out. personally, I think you have no evidence of force quitting causing corrupt saves, and that's why you're not providing it.
I have NO idea why you are so intent on derailing the OP's thread.. The OP did their own research and concluded the same as I.. It can corrupt your data.. Do as you please with your game but I will continue to warn others about force closing..

Keep derailing the thread if you'd like, hopefully a moderator can put a stop to it...

I don't see why this has to be a public debate on this thread when it can be debated in PMs. As far as information for the post itself, I've already figured out how to avoid data corruption that could potentially be caused by force closing so even if it were a problem, we don't have to worry about it now. Not going to lie, getting a little irritated that this debate is going on as long as it has when like I said, even if it were a problem, the method has been edited so that it can be avoided completely.

Of course! Like I said, as long as you don't choose to have them leave or stay, you should be able to use the save and exit option and the bubble should stay!
Would like to give an update on this. Just a few minutes ago I tried using the - button while in a conversation with Reneigh (she had a bubble, but she wanted to ask me to catch her a fish, not move out) and I didn't get the menu for "Would you like to wrap up for now?". Pressing - did not do anything while I had the conversation open :( Does this only work for move-out bubbles?

Would like to give an update on this. Just a few minutes ago I tried using the - button while in a conversation with Reneigh (she had a bubble, but she wanted to give me an item, not move out) and I didn't get the menu for "Would you like to wrap up for now?". Pressing - did not do anything while I had the conversation open :(
That's strange seeing it always worked for me. I'll have to retest this just to make sure that I'm not remembering how I did it incorrectly.
I'm really sorry if I was wrong aaagh
Post automatically merged:

Would like to give an update on this. Just a few minutes ago I tried using the - button while in a conversation with Reneigh (she had a bubble, but she wanted to ask me to catch her a fish, not move out) and I didn't get the menu for "Would you like to wrap up for now?". Pressing - did not do anything while I had the conversation open :( Does this only work for move-out bubbles?
Curse me and my inability to remember things correctly. I'll have to potentially rewrite this whole thread so that all of my misinformation is fixed. Sorry, I think that I remembered one time I force closed and thought I had saved. Wouldn't it be nice if you could save while talking to them ?

Last edited:
This method does work but I’m just having the worst luck.. I’ve been trying my best for at least a 5+ hours.

I’ve tted day by day for over a month in game now and the one villager I need to move still hasn’t pinged me (in the sense of having a thought bubble, not actually pinging me). I see her walking outside (with no bubble) all the time!!! I’ve read that it doesn’t matter if she was a new villager (she is) but nothing makes her want to leave. I didn’t know my island was that cool.. =P

This method does work but I’m just having the worst luck.. I’ve been trying my best for at least a 5+ hours.

I’ve tted day by day for over a month in game now and the one villager I need to move still hasn’t pinged me (in the sense of having a thought bubble, not actually pinging me). I see her walking outside (with no bubble) all the time!!! I’ve read that it doesn’t matter if she was a new villager (she is) but nothing makes her want to leave. I didn’t know my island was that cool.. =P

Sadly, my sister is having the same issue. She can't seem to get Diana to want to move out. Sometimes the RNG can be impossible to work with. I'm not too sure if lowering friendship has any correlation with who wants to leave, but in my experience it doesn't, unfortunately.

Reactions: Hay
you guys know theres a decently efficient non tt way to move out villagers? its a bit hit or miss but it can work well

you guys know theres a decently efficient non tt way to move out villagers? its a bit hit or miss but it can work well
edit: just saw this is NH, not NL. imma head out

Sadly, my sister is having the same issue. She can't seem to get Diana to want to move out. Sometimes the RNG can be impossible to work with. I'm not too sure if lowering friendship has any correlation with who wants to leave, but in my experience it doesn't, unfortunately.
Does the villager want to move out after a certain friendship level? I don’t even talk to Cookie anymore and she doesn’t ping me to give me reactions anymore. It could be because I have them all for peppy but she only gave me two and I’ve had no other peppy :c

edit: just saw this is NH, not NL. imma head out

If you'd like to share it here, that'd be great!

edit: whoop

Does the villager want to move out after a certain friendship level? I don’t even talk to Cookie anymore and she doesn’t ping me to give me reactions anymore. It could be because I have them all for peppy but she only gave me two and I’ve had no other peppy :c
From what I've seen, friendship points doesn't have a correlation, but I could be wrong. Some of the villagers I talked to most were the ones who kept wanting to leave.

Reactions: Hay
Can you even save and quit mid-conversation?
I assumed you couldn't so I never bothered trying.
I always thought that by "resetting" people just meant exiting out of the the game without saving so this is super confusing.

Back