• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fast and Easy(ier?) Way to Kick out Villagers/Get them in boxes! (TT and Non-TT)

Piccipicci

Bells
! Caution: Force Closing as your game is auto-saving could risk data corruption! Pay close attention to the icon at the top right of your screen when force closing. If your data becomes corrupted, you unfortunately must reset your island. Be careful!
this thread could be considered a "WIP" as lots of information is being shared in the comment section. if i've missed something/ there's some information you'd like to add, please comment or feel free to DM me! i'd love for the community to work together on getting this helpful info out!

Have a specific villager that just gets on your nerves? Or maybe you have a trade with another player and you need a plot ASAP!

A quick note: If you are a time traveler, this method will be a LOT quicker, but these tips are still very useful for those who do not time travel.

Firstly, when you've just used a bubble, or don't remember the last time you've used/had a bubble, it's important to know that the bubble has a cool down. Edit: It's been brought to my attention that the cooldown could possibly only last about 2 weeks! (15 days)

Once you have the bubble back in cycle, another important thing to know is that it can be "passed" around from villager to villager. Let's say you're trying to get rid of a villager such as Raymond to give away to a friend, but the bubble initially lands on a villager you want to keep.

Important things to know when closing out:

-DO NOT FORCE CLOSE THE GAME.

-Use the home button to reach your settings without closing the game and set the day one day forward

-re-enter the game and press the - button and close your game and save. As long as you have not told the villager to stay or leave, the bubble should still pass on to another villager after you've saved and exited

-once the animal crossing screen comes on, you can press A and you should have time skipped one day. It is important to make sure you are saving and not force closing to avoid data corruption.

-Additionally, you can not save and exit while in the middle of a conversation with a villager. The only way to end the conversation once you've talked to them is to force close. If you want to avoid force closing completely, then you must assume that bubbles mean moving out. This could make the process longer, but it is safer.

show

After that, you may time travel one day at a time. Alternatively, you can time travel to different times of day: morning, noon, evening, night, and the bubble should cycle throughout the day as well.
Here is a lovely thread by @CrankyCupcake about it. If you time travel longer times such as another two months, it could potentially throw off the cycle (I don't know this for sure, but from what I hear from others this makes getting villagers to move out harder). If you do not talk to a villager and tell them to leave or stay, the bubble will cycle through villagers every day until it lands on the one you want to leave (disclaimer: sometimes when skipping day by day, the bubble will not appear on certain days, just keep skipping day by day until it comes back and lands on who you want).

As far as I know, villagers do not want to move out if the following is taking place:

there is a fishing/bug/etc event taking place
K.K. Slider is visiting the island (though this is not confirmed)

Once it lands on the required villager, you can finally tell them to move out! Once you've told them to do so, you can time skip one more day to have them in boxes (if you're giving the specific villager to somebody else, then keep them in this day until they come get them). If you're just trying to get an open plot, time skip one more day and then you'll have an open plot!

Note: If you don't like TT, all of these tips still apply if you're willing to wait long enough.

Another note: All of the information listed above was given in a TagbackTV video! I would highly recommend checking out his channel for more tips!

Final note: I'm going to include multiple other methods that I come across (with explicit permission in PM's) so that there are multiple methods out there for people to choose from!

Additional Methods:

@raqball
1. TT 15 days forward.
2. Look for bubble. If it's there and the person you want. Done.
3. If you don't see it and nobody wants to move TT forward one day
4. Look for bubble
5. If you don;t see the bubble keep going forward one day at a time until you do.
6. When you see the bubble and someone wants to leave - mark / remember that date.
7. If it's not the person you want to leave, decline and exit game. If it is then done.
8. If 7 was not the person you wanted to leave, TT back to current date
9. TT to the day you marked / remembered from step 7. Look for bubble, should be a different person wanting to leave.

Keep going back to current date and forward to bubble date until you get the person you want to leave. Basically the date the bubble 1st appeared is the key as it will continue to happen on that date. Travel back to reg time then forward to that date until you get the person to leave that you want out..

Last edited:
Every time I had a villager that I wanted to move out I told them no, guessing this is why it was harder for me to kick people out but thanks for this thread because now I won't say anything to them!

I am gonna try this :eek: I saw the bubbles above Coco's head and it was about moving so I'm gonna cycle out to try to get Renee to move.

Does the TT count for going back a day for the bubble cycles?

I am gonna try this :eek: I saw the bubbles above Coco's head and it was about moving so I'm gonna cycle out to try to get Renee to move.

I'm not sure!! It would be a good thing for me to test to help you guys out a little more!
To be safe, I'd skip ahead one day every time until it lands on Renee <3

You actually only gotta travel about two weeks. I mean, it's only anecdotal evidence but whenever I do it 95% of the time someone with a bubble after two weeks.

Also, if the villager is inside a building or their house, they can still want to move. If you TT several hours at a time on the same day you can sometimes get them to go outside and find the thought bubble.

Oh and also, there never, or almost never, is a bubble on Saturday (KK slider). I've heard people say they've seen it but it must be quite rare as I never have.

i think it keeps the bubble on the same villager if you tt backwards; i just did this today and had a villager w/ a bubble, tt back a day and she still had a thought bubble. it was to give me a new nickname not move out but i imagine it works the same? :eek:

I would not use the method in the OP unless you want to risk data corruption by force closing and have your entire Island reset to start....

An easier and safe way if you TT

1. TT 15 days forward.
4. Look for bubble
5. If you don;t see the bubble keep going forward one day at a time until you do.
6. When you see the bubble and someone wants to leave - mark / remember that date.
7. If it's not the person you want to leave, decline and exit game. If it is then done.
9. TT to the day you marked / remembered from step 7. Look for bubble, should be a different person wanting to leave.

Keep going back to current date and forward to bubble date until you get the person you want to leave. Basically the date the bubble 1st appeared is the key as it will continue to happen on that date. Travel back to reg time then forward to that date until you get the person to leave that you want out..

I would not use the method in the OP unless you want to risk data corruption by force closing...

An easier way if you TT

1. TT 15 days forward.
4. Look for bubble

I've never heard of data corruption by force closing and I have done it a ton 😱 Is there any proof??

You actually only gotta travel about two weeks. I mean, it's only anecdotal evidence but whenever I do it 95% of the time someone with a bubble after two weeks.

Also, if the villager is inside a building or their house, they can still want to move. If you TT several hours at a time on the same day you can sometimes get them to go outside and find the thought bubble.

Oh and also, there never, or almost never, is a bubble on Saturday (KK slider). I've heard people say they've seen it but it must be quite rare as I never have.
Oooh, that's super helpful!! I will edit my thread!
Post automatically merged:

I would not use the method in the OP unless you want to risk data corruption by force closing and have your entire Island reset to start....

An easier and safe way if you TT

1. TT 15 days forward.
4. Look for bubble

Is data corruption more likely if you travel months forward? I've never heard of this, but if it's a risk, I will edit my thread to avoid it.

I would NOT risk it.. The OP should add a warning that data corruption can happen by following their instructions so people can decide if it's worth the risk to them or not..

My .02

I would NOT risk it.. The OP should add a warning that data corruption can happen by following their instructions so people can decide if it's worth the risk to them or not..

My .02

Of course! I'll add an additional warning up at the top!
Post automatically merged:

data corruption only occurs on force close if you do it while the game is autosaving. so long as you pay attention to the top right corner, it isn't an issue
I will also add this up at the top!

I really hope people do not follow the advice in this thread as in my opinion it's bad and can be disastrous to all the time and effort someone put into the game...

There are much easier and safer ways to boot a villager..

I am outta this thread now.. Enjoy...

I really hope people do not follow the advice in this thread as in my opinion it's bad and can be disastrous to all the time and effort someone put into the game...

There are much easier and safer ways to boot a villager..

I am outta this thread now.. Enjoy...
I respect your concern for others' games, and thank you for bringing these up. I didn't know about this information, and I'm going to do more research on it to make my thread/method safer. I haven't had a problem with it so far, and didn't know this was a danger. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have no intention of hurting people's games.

Hi there! Im gonna try this! Ive been trying to get Cookie out for 3 days now..

Im sorry that you are getting hate, I know you arent wanting to harm <3 thanks for sharing this!

My only comment is that instead of two months, I think two weeks would work as well, seeing that the 15 day TT method works! Im gonna try two weeks and see if it does work! c: If it does, my adivce would edit and say something like "it has been confirmed that two weeks works, I personally do two months". Thats just my advice for ya <3 Thanks for this!

Back